286 posts / 44481 viewsLast Reply

16 hours ago, chris3putt said:

Shot an 88 at my home course today with three sixes, no sevens. Which I think just qualifies me as having completed the challenge, being an 18 handicapper.

Yeah, you completed the sevens challenge, but not the six:

On 10/3/2017 at 12:15 AM, iacas said:

P.S. If you're an 18 handicap index or higher, you can post if you complete the "Seven Challenge." That means no sevens or higher.

Congrats!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

5 hours ago, iacas said:
On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 5:15 PM, iacas said:

P.S. If you're an 18 handicap index or higher, you can post if you complete the "Seven Challenge." That means no sevens or higher.

Congrats!

Thanks!

My last 3 rounds have been without any 6s. Plenty of 5s though. 83, 82, and a 79 today. 

My last 6 was on a par 4, which was 4 rounds ago. Missed a 4' left breaking putt for it. 

The 83,  I had a 5 on a par 3, which is where most of my double bogies happen.

Fortunately I am a bogey/par golfer for the most part. I like being consistent in that regard. My short game gets most of my practice attention, which saves me from alot of those 6s. 

The only time I have achieved the no 7's challenge I shot a 88. I shot 89 once with an 8 on the scorecard....oh what could have been.

Played 18 yesterday.  Front 9 made no 6's.  Hole #10, there it is, a big 8....then on 11, a 7, then on 12, a par 3--I got 6.  So, lesson learned, play each hole as it comes and play smart golf....don't play a shot that is not in your skill level--Play smart...

Next round scheduled for Monday or Tuesday, so we shall see...

The only way I could get thru a round, with no sixes, would be to keep score in base five.  Excuse me...base six.

Edited by Piz
mistake

3 minutes ago, Osnola said:

Next round scheduled for Monday or Tuesday, so we shall see...

Gonna be tough for a 20 index to have a no-sixes round.

Texed Erik, but I screwed it up on my last hole today. Didn't even realize I was that close. Had to take an unplayable lie on a par 5 on my 2nd shot and didn't hit my wedge lose enough to make the par save. 

this is a great idea... will give me something to focus on. 

I've accomplished this task only once, a few years ago. I bogeyed literally, every. single. hole. I wouldn't credit myself with it being legitimate however, it was during a time when I likely wasn't adhering to the rules of golf as closely as i do now. Can't say for sure if I broke any rules, but chances are I did. 

2 minutes ago, divot dave said:

I've accomplished this task only once, a few years ago. I bogeyed literally, every. single. hole. I wouldn't credit myself with it being legitimate however, it was during a time when I likely wasn't adhering to the rules of golf as closely as i do now. Can't say for sure if I broke any rules, but chances are I did. 

Bogeys on par fives are 6s, so how did you accomplish the task?

Just now, iacas said:

Bogeys on par fives are 6s, so how did you accomplish the task?

excellent point... late lunch, still recovering... eventually my mind will catch up with reality:8)

I had read this thread a couple of times last season. I worked on my chipping a few times a week last year and it helped me lower my average score a few strokes. In addition to the chipping practice I thought I would work on the less than full swings this year. After reading this thread again today I think I should probably follow the advice of iacas and stop trying to make the "hero" recovery shot! I went over all of my rounds from last year and found so many double and triple bogies (or worse!) that started with a poor drive and escalated with an ill advised recovery shot. The season is still about 5 or 6 weeks away here in the Twin Cities so I'm writing myself a note to attach to my bag! I'll check back here in late May or early June hopefully with a No Sixes round!

I was just looking back over some score cards before I round file them. 

In a stretch of 8 rounds, I had three 6s. Here's the funny part. Two of those rounds we're for a 78, & 79. The third was on an 80 card. All of them followed a par three, which I made pars on. 

Noticed I had alot of 5s too. :whistle:

shot a 77 a week or so ago...had two 6's on Par 5's. Should've been two easy pars.

This will be a tough challenge for me to complete.