IGNORED

The (No) Sixes Challenge

iacas

• Administrator
16 hours ago, chris3putt said:

Shot an 88 at my home course today with three sixes, no sevens. Which I think just qualifies me as having completed the challenge, being an 18 handicapper.

Yeah, you completed the sevens challenge, but not the six:

On 10/3/2017 at 12:15 AM, iacas said:

P.S. If you're an 18 handicap index or higher, you can post if you complete the "Seven Challenge." That means no sevens or higher.

Congrats!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 hours ago, iacas said:
On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 5:15 PM, iacas said:

P.S. If you're an 18 handicap index or higher, you can post if you complete the "Seven Challenge." That means no sevens or higher.

Congrats!

Thanks!

Chris.:roll:

My last 3 rounds have been without any 6s. Plenty of 5s though. 83, 82, and a 79 today. 

My last 6 was on a par 4, which was 4 rounds ago. Missed a 4' left breaking putt for it. 

The 83,  I had a 5 on a par 3, which is where most of my double bogies happen.

Fortunately I am a bogey/par golfer for the most part. I like being consistent in that regard. My short game gets most of my practice attention, which saves me from alot of those 6s. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

In my boring 79 round yesterday, made the no sixes challenge again.

5 3 5 4 5 5 4 4 4 - 39

5 4 4 4 5 5 4 4 5 - 40

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

• 2 weeks later...

The only time I have achieved the no 7's challenge I shot a 88. I shot 89 once with an 8 on the scorecard....oh what could have been.

• 1 month later...

Played 18 yesterday.  Front 9 made no 6's.  Hole #10, there it is, a big 8....then on 11, a 7, then on 12, a par 3--I got 6.  So, lesson learned, play each hole as it comes and play smart golf....don't play a shot that is not in your skill level--Play smart...

Next round scheduled for Monday or Tuesday, so we shall see...

The only way I could get thru a round, with no sixes, would be to keep score in base five.  Excuse me...base six.

Edited by Piz
mistake

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Osnola said:

Next round scheduled for Monday or Tuesday, so we shall see...

Gonna be tough for a 20 index to have a no-sixes round.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
3 hours ago, HJJ003 said:

Achieved no “7’s” challenge today!

Nice!

tried and failed miserably - two 6's and a 7 (Par 5). This will take awhile. :8)

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Texed Erik, but I screwed it up on my last hole today. Didn't even realize I was that close. Had to take an unplayable lie on a par 5 on my 2nd shot and didn't hit my wedge lose enough to make the par save. 

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

this is a great idea... will give me something to focus on. 

I've accomplished this task only once, a few years ago. I bogeyed literally, every. single. hole. I wouldn't credit myself with it being legitimate however, it was during a time when I likely wasn't adhering to the rules of golf as closely as i do now. Can't say for sure if I broke any rules, but chances are I did. 

IN MY BAG
Driver: Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver
3 Wood: Calloway RAZR Hawk
Hybrid: Ping 19*
Irons: Mizuno JPX 825
Wedges: 52, 56 Cleveland
Putter: Odyssey White Ice

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, divot dave said:

I've accomplished this task only once, a few years ago. I bogeyed literally, every. single. hole. I wouldn't credit myself with it being legitimate however, it was during a time when I likely wasn't adhering to the rules of golf as closely as i do now. Can't say for sure if I broke any rules, but chances are I did. 

Bogeys on par fives are 6s, so how did you accomplish the task?

Just now, iacas said:

Bogeys on par fives are 6s, so how did you accomplish the task?

excellent point... late lunch, still recovering... eventually my mind will catch up with reality:8)

IN MY BAG
Driver: Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver
3 Wood: Calloway RAZR Hawk
Hybrid: Ping 19*
Irons: Mizuno JPX 825
Wedges: 52, 56 Cleveland
Putter: Odyssey White Ice

• 3 weeks later...

I had read this thread a couple of times last season. I worked on my chipping a few times a week last year and it helped me lower my average score a few strokes. In addition to the chipping practice I thought I would work on the less than full swings this year. After reading this thread again today I think I should probably follow the advice of iacas and stop trying to make the "hero" recovery shot! I went over all of my rounds from last year and found so many double and triple bogies (or worse!) that started with a poor drive and escalated with an ill advised recovery shot. The season is still about 5 or 6 weeks away here in the Twin Cities so I'm writing myself a note to attach to my bag! I'll check back here in late May or early June hopefully with a No Sixes round!

I was just looking back over some score cards before I round file them. 

In a stretch of 8 rounds, I had three 6s. Here's the funny part. Two of those rounds we're for a 78, & 79. The third was on an 80 card. All of them followed a par three, which I made pars on. 

Noticed I had alot of 5s too. :whistle:

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

• 2 months later...

shot a 77 a week or so ago...had two 6's on Par 5's. Should've been two easy pars.

This will be a tough challenge for me to complete.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny