IGNORED

Trying to Hit the Ball Picking Cart?

Patch
Note: This thread is 2385 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I know most of the guys that pick up the golf balls on the range, so if I am trying to hit them, it is just a mess with them.  I've been to ranges that have targets on the range to aim at and they are a lot more fun with certain clubs.  Since I rarely aim at the cart guy, he's pretty safe.  Mostly I go about my business, shanking balls into the trees.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

21 hours ago, iacas said:

I think the people inside hate it, so I typically don't, unless I have almost no chance… like the other day, when I cut a driver to a moving cart at about 270… and hit between the picker part and the cart part.

But 99% of the time, I actively avoid hitting it. Because I can imagine being inside and getting hit would SUCK.

Thank you @iacas, as a long time golf course employee I can tell all of you that it sucks to get hit with a ball when you are driving the picker. No matter how many times it happens it still makes you jump every time because it sounds like a gunshot. Not to mention the fact that those carts are not 100% ball proof and somehow you fools trying to hit us figure out a way slip a ball into those tiny defenseless gaps. Have you ever been hit by a golf ball? Well it hurts. 

A funny story years ago I was driving the tractor close to where people were hitting maybe 20 yards away and this guy, on purpose, hits a low screamer right at the cart. It hit me broad side but right on the metal bar around the door. the ball ricochets straight back and hits him square in the chest. I almost crashed the cart I was laughing so hard. Karma!

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

as a long time golf course employee:

• I can tell all of you that it sucks to get hit with a ball when you are driving the picker
  • it still makes you jump every time because it sounds like a gunshot
  • those carts are not 100% ball proof and somehow you fools trying to hit us figure out a way slip a ball into those tiny defenseless gaps.
  • Have you ever been hit by a golf ball? Well it hurts. 

Bears repeating......(Thanks NM Golf) - though he's proabably safer from me if I'm trying to hit him...

Edited by rehmwa

Bill - 

Note: This thread is 2385 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!