IGNORED

Did you guys improve your clubhead speed over time?

yanni
Note: This thread is 2212 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Interestingly,  there are mechanisms within the body that turn off power recruitment if iwhat you are doing is unsafe.

The safer what you do is the more power you will be able o apply to the club.

On 11/9/2017 at 9:06 AM, Lihu said:

95 mph should get you 220 to 240 yards on average with 2700rpm of spin. Your best strikes should be over 250.

TrackMan-Page-1.png

This is just about exactly where I'm at these days. I was on a monitor at Golf Galaxy a couple weeks ago and came in at 93 mph. My "bad" or off-center hits are about 220, while a solid strike gives me 235-240. If I really square one up it's 245-255. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 11/11/2017 at 10:23 AM, Slugox said:

This is just about exactly where I'm at these days. I was on a monitor at Golf Galaxy a couple weeks ago and came in at 93 mph. My "bad" or off-center hits are about 220, while a solid strike gives me 235-240. If I really square one up it's 245-255. 

Exactly what I was referring to with the smash factor. Solid contact is the quickest way to pick up yardage. 

During my driver fitting my swing speed was low 90s and when connecting solidly with the ball, I was at 260-265 total yards with the Ping G Series.

3 hours ago, Pablo68 said:

Exactly what I was referring to with the smash factor. Solid contact is the quickest way to pick up yardage. 

During my driver fitting my swing speed was low 90s and when connecting solidly with the ball, I was at 260-265 total yards with the Ping G Series.

Smash factor is static on their machines, so I'm really not tuned i  to what mine is. But I completely agree the best way to add yardage is improving your contact quality.

• Administrator
9 hours ago, Slugox said:

Smash factor is static on their machines, so I'm really not tuned i  to what mine is. But I completely agree the best way to add yardage is improving your contact quality.

Huh?

Smash factor is simply ball speed divided by clubhead speed. With a driver, that maxes out at about 1.5.

I'm not sure how it could be "fixed"?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

14 minutes ago, iacas said:

Huh?

Smash factor is simply ball speed divided by clubhead speed. With a driver, that maxes out at about 1.5.

I'm not sure how it could be "fixed"?

Some older models of launch monitor/simulator fix the smash factor because they dont measure either ball/clubhead speed.  So maybe whichever he is using, is simply older and calculates one or the otber based on a fixed smash. 

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

• Administrator

Yikes.

Obviously smash factor changes with loft, so fixing it at any given number is going to lead to some really bad results.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

38 minutes ago, phillyk said:

Some older models of launch monitor/simulator fix the smash factor because they dont measure either ball/clubhead speed.  So maybe whichever he is using, is simply older and calculates one or the otber based on a fixed smash. 

Yes, that's what I meant, sorry. This particular Golf Galaxy has their software set where the smash factor reads at 1.4 regardless of what happens. So, I've not seen what mine is.

I did from 1st, two summers playing, to my 3rd summer. You can definitely see it when you look at my 2017 GameGolf rounds vs 2016. (Wish GG had a reset for club distances for this reason, might take another year of rounds to really solidify my new numbers)

If I hit it 100%  (FYI, I club down/flight it at this distance to 7i) but my 160 yard club is my 8i which I then plan on being 150-170 on mishits. My 8i used to be my 130 club to cover 120-140.  

I didnt have a lesson for this, I think it was just better contact and building up more golfing muscle memory.

Edited by cutchemist42

• 3 months later...

Just to answer original question : Yes I am

Journey of My Moe Norman's Inspired Golf Swing. Yes I know, it is going to be ROUGH journey.

Driver : MacGregor Mactec NVG.............(2005 model, cheapest forgiving driver that I can bought)

3 Wood : Ena Golf...................................(?year? cheap one but I like the impact)

7 Wood : XXIO.........................................(2005 model, from my dad)

5 Rescue : Tourstage ViQ........................(2008 model)

Irons : XXIO MP200.................................(2003 model, from my dad)

Wedge : Cleveland Becu 56 deg.............(cheapest old wedge that I can bought)

My self taught Swing Theard : My Swing (efdeel74)

Yes and I will say I have never had my ballspeed measured, I've just observed what my Gamegolf results are. (GG captures total carry+roll). This was from my 2nd summer golfing (2016) to 3rd summer golfing in 2017.

Note: This thread is 2212 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!