IGNORED

Clip towels

Note: This thread is 2016 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 hour ago, NM Golf said:

Well its a golf forum so on occasion people on here will give their opinions and say what they want. ;-)

Not nice, and not helping you look less dorky with a towel hooked to your belt. :whistle:

That's right, and I emphatically expressed my own opinion, which is, who cares what others think if it works for you.

There's a small contingent of you here who are habitually terse and matter-of-fact about speaking your piece, with no mind to how it might come off. So I think occasionally, I am going to respond in kind. Just to make it fun.  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, David in FL said:

What snake?  If you're carrying, you just drape it over the club heads.  I was taught to do that when I started caddying 40 years ago.  You'll note most pro caddies do the same today.  Riding, it gets tossed in the rear basket.

To each his own though.

That has all the same issues, only it falls off even easier. 

I really just don't see an upside to not clipping it on. I clean my golf ball off on the green with my hands. 

To each his own though.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Is this conversation actually happening?

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

6 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Is this conversation actually happening?

Are you kidding?  This is important stuff! :-) 

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

4 hours ago, jamo said:

I've never been a huge fan of the full size towels that you snake through your clubs. They fall out, they get tangled, they make it harder to put clubs away and take out. 

I have three towels that I clip on to the side of my bag. I always know exactly where they are. Never had any issues or reason to change. 

Great minds think alike! I have exactly this same setup. My main club towel is one I found at a local course laying in the fairway. It is the thickest, nappiest golf towel I own, and is emblazoned with the logo of the "Orange County Golf Center" in Florida. Another good reason for clip towels is that you don't lose them! I also have a Cobra golf towel that I found, and returned to the owner when we were playing adjacent holes. When I found it again 2-3 holes later I figured I'd keep it. If he's that careless with his equipment, I figure he deserved to lose it!

I also carry a small wash cloth in my left hip pocket to clean my ball on the green.

And I don't give a crap who thinks what is cool!

Edited by Buckeyebowman

I use a Spotless Swing Towel on my bag for my clubs and just an ordinary terry towel I keep in my back pocket for cleaning the ball on the green. If I'm expecting a wet round, I'll bring two terry towels.

Sometimes I forget to bring the terry towels and I end up cleaning my ball on the green, if I clean it at all.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

1 hour ago, David in FL said:

Are you kidding?  This is important stuff! :-) 

Damn it you're right. I prefer the club glove towels that have the nice slit in the middle so you can drape it over that 4i you never hit and it won't fall off. And, you avoid the dork clip.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

22 hours ago, 3puttmaster said:

I was reading today that clip towels are now considered lame. Am I just late to the party? When did this happen? Anybody here quit using them? If so why? And what we supposed to use now? Smaller towels and just lay them across the bag in between clubs? What the hell happened that made clip towels lame?

I didn't even know these existed. I just put a full size towel through the handle of my golf bag. Haven't lost it yet.

18 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Damn it you're right. I prefer the club glove towels that have the nice slit in the middle so you can drape it over that 4i you never hit and it won't fall off. And, you avoid the dork clip.

So you carry a club in your bag that you never use and the guy using a functional clip is the dork?:-D

• Thumbs Up 1

Jon

23 hours ago, 3puttmaster said:

I was reading today that clip towels are now considered lame. Am I just late to the party? When did this happen? Anybody here quit using them? If so why? And what we supposed to use now? Smaller towels and just lay them across the bag in between clubs? What the hell happened that made clip towels lame?

I believe giving a crap what others think is hip, or lame... is lame.

I have clips on my towels, it’s the way they came, works for me, and I don’t give a crap what anyone else thinks about.

If 6 Was 9

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JonMA1 said:

I didn't even know these existed. I just put a full size towel through the handle of my golf bag. Haven't lost it yet.

So you carry a club in your bag that you never use and the guy using a functional clip is the dork?:-D

No. I said ‘you’ never hit, not ‘I’. ;-) I slip it over the ball retriever handle.

Edited by Vinsk

People on here must lose their towels a lot. I have never lost a towel in my life and I've never hooked a towel to my bag, much less to my person. One reason is I need a wet towel to clean my ball with on the green. You can't clean a golf ball with a dry towel and I am certainly not putting a wet towel in my pocket! I don't know if you guys realize it but there can be a significant difference in performance between a clean golf ball and a dirty one. Why do you think the first thing a PGA pro does is mark their ball and toss it to their caddy to clean with their wet unattached golf towel.

Besides, come on the clip is dorky, right up there with iron covers and ball retrievers. 

• Upvote 1

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Hate to break it to you guys, but there's nothing cool about goofy shoes, a white belt and a glove worn on just one hand. It's golf and the rest of the world thinks we're all dorks. 

• Like 1

Jon

23 minutes ago, JonMA1 said:

Hate to break it to you guys, but there's nothing cool about goofy shoes, a white belt and a glove worn on just one hand. It's golf and the rest of the world thinks we're all dorks. 

Ahem. . .only some of us look like dorks. . . :-D

image.thumb.png.63cdd356215a667d470566efc33bb703.png

image.png.4625bcec3ae3f46633c766a18aeed85c.png

michelle-wie-21.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

image.png.5582b90a5f4849247bb9f4587219008d.png

image.png.5e913b9d36c8c46ec10b70de00ffc956.png

• Upvote 1

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

39 minutes ago, JonMA1 said:

Yeah I don't know where you get your clothing but I look good on the golf course! :beer:

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 

1 minute ago, NM Golf said:

Yeah I don't know where you get your clothing but I look good on the golf course! :beer:

@NM Golf you could be dressed like a clown out there - with you're game, you would still look good. :beer:

• Like 1

Jon

9 minutes ago, NM Golf said:

Let's see some pictures 

6 minutes ago, Kalnoky said:

Let's see some pictures 

I don't take a lot of selfies while on the course. ;-)

Note: This thread is 2016 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!