IGNORED

Clip towels

Note: This thread is 2016 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

3 hours ago, NM Golf said:

Besides, come on the clip is dorky, right up there with iron covers and ball retrievers. 

Yep.  That's the trifecta!

:beer:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Wouldn't you know it but, after our round this morning I found Grandpa's clip towel in the parking lot. Burgundy colored towel, leather strap and a nice nickle plated clip. I know it was Grandpa's because it said so on the towel.  Hopefully Grandpa collects it after he finishes his round so he doesn't have to explain to the grand kids that he lost it.  ;)

In my Bag Boy XLT-15 bag:
Cobra 10.5* Speed Pro S driver
Cobra 15* Speed Pro 3W
Cobra 20* Baffler Pro
Cobra UFI 4-PW,GW,SW,LW Graphite Cobra Melbourne II putter Ball = Pinnacle: FX Long Gold Cart = ClicGear 2.0 in yellow

18 hours ago, Vinsk said:

No. I said ‘you’ never hit, not ‘I’. ;-) I slip it over the ball retriever handle.

You carry a ball retriever? You are no longer allowed to comment on the supposed "dorkiness" of a clip.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

31 minutes ago, billchao said:

You carry a ball retriever? You are no longer allowed to comment on the supposed "dorkiness" of a clip.

Oh come on! That was pretty good! Why ya gotta ruin it with the ‘does he not get the joke’ type reply? 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Just now, Vinsk said:

Oh come on! That was pretty good! Why ya gotta ruin it with the ‘does he not get the joke’ type reply? 

Because it's funnier this way :-P

• Like 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

2 minutes ago, satchmodog said:

Not cool, my ass...

20171010_192020-1.jpg

1985 wants it's towel back...

• Like 2

In David's bag....

13 hours ago, David in FL said:

1985 wants it's towel back...

It wants its golf bag back as well! Is that the Burner Bubble I see? :-P

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

i don't like how they get caught up in the legs of my stand bag, i use a longer towel for a while and jus have it around my alignment sticks. idk do what you want im not going to laugh or judge. thats why i don't use club towels at all.. only ones who would judge and laugh would be high school or spoiled brat college kids who think they are already tour players. those are the only ones who ive seen judge and laugh at people

WITB:
Taylormade M2 - 10.5º 
Taylormade M2 - 3w 15º
Callaway - Apex CF16 9i-3i
Vokey - 46º F Grind
Taylormade MG - 54º, 60º   
Scotty Cameron - Newport M1  - 4.5º
Taylormade - TP5X #7

Oh wow, what a timely topic. 

Confession, I have lost a towel in the last 4 weeks. Driving from the house to the golf course in the golf cart, it must have blown off my bag. I looked in the street, and it's nowhere to be found. 

That said, I went to local golf store and bought a nice long "golf" specific towel because I didn't want to offend my wife by stealing a bath towel (and staying happily married is high on my list of things to do). I recently went to a 14 divider bag and lay the towel over the clubs. 1/4 wet, 3/4 dry is my preferred towel setup. I have started walking, with a pushcart (holy smokes, if I add a ball retriever to go along with my bucket hat I have the nerd look down pat) so the bag and towel are never far from me on the green. 

My dilemma, I restocked on golf balls last week and Snell had an offer to add a towel. Without thinking, because I am a huge Dean Snell fan, I added a towel to my order. It is delivered and low and behold, it is smallish towel with a clip in the corner. The horror........

So in my round yesterday, I began to notice that the large towel sitting on top of the clubs, or snaked between them, makes it difficult to see where the club goes in the 14-way divider. So as I am walking, part of my post -shot routine has become wondering if maybe the clip towel I got from Snell might make it easier to use. Rationalization? Maybe....but these are the troubled times I live in.

Guys, can I get some help. I already meet several of the nerd qualities (pushcart, bucket hat,  14 divider bag, Sketcher shoes), should I just bite the bullet and clip the towel to the side of my bag and get rid of the big towel? If the answer is yes, I am sure I will be back here in six months asking for the input on what ball retriever to add to my bag.

4 minutes ago, dzclarkcpa said:

Oh wow, what a timely topic. 

Confession, I have lost a towel in the last 4 weeks. Driving from the house to the golf course in the golf cart, it must have blown off my bag. I looked in the street, and it's nowhere to be found. 

That said, I went to local golf store and bought a nice long "golf" specific towel because I didn't want to offend my wife by stealing a bath towel (and staying happily married is high on my list of things to do). I recently went to a 14 divider bag and lay the towel over the clubs. 1/4 wet, 3/4 dry is my preferred towel setup. I have started walking, with a pushcart (holy smokes, if I add a ball retriever to go along with my bucket hat I have the nerd look down pat) so the bag and towel are never far from me on the green. 

My dilemma, I restocked on golf balls last week and Snell had an offer to add a towel. Without thinking, because I am a huge Dean Snell fan, I added a towel to my order. It is delivered and low and behold, it is smallish towel with a clip in the corner. The horror........

So in my round yesterday, I began to notice that the large towel sitting on top of the clubs, or snaked between them, makes it difficult to see where the club goes in the 14-way divider. So as I am walking, part of my post -shot routine has become wondering if maybe the clip towel I got from Snell might make it easier to use. Rationalization? Maybe....but these are the troubled times I live in.

Guys, can I get some help. I already meet several of the nerd qualities (pushcart, bucket hat,  14 divider bag, Sketcher shoes), should I just bite the bullet and clip the towel to the side of my bag and get rid of the big towel? If the answer is yes, I am sure I will be back here in six months asking for the input on what ball retriever to add to my bag.

Don't forget head covers.  You've got to have head covers too! :-D 

In David's bag....

1 minute ago, David in FL said:

Don't forget head covers.  You've got to have head covers too! :-D 

Oh, I do already a set of iron covers (assuming that is what you mean). Now I only use them for when I travel (and I take them off in the hotel room long before anyone sees them on the clubs), but I do have them. That will be a late 2018 add to my nerd factor. Thanks for reminding me.

15 minutes ago, dzclarkcpa said:

Oh, I do already a set of iron covers (assuming that is what you mean). Now I only use them for when I travel (and I take them off in the hotel room long before anyone sees them on the clubs), but I do have them. That will be a late 2018 add to my nerd factor. Thanks for reminding me.

Go get that ball retriever.  You're still fine (but, seriously, bucket hat?)

You have a long way to go.

1 - tuck in that shirt (If you have an overhanging belly, this is even more important)

2 - cargo shorts

3 - black long work socks

4 - giant sunglasses - giant, old retired lady giant type, don't skimp

5 - match your belt and shoes (not just color, but the exact same leather)

6 - expensive watch - just to show people

7 - are you buying new gear EVERY spring?

8 - does your Orange Whip AND your alignment sticks stay in the bag during your round?

9 - Did you actually keep your rangefinder mount and do you attach it to your cart each round?

10 - c'mon, wear that Payne Stewart outfit...deep down, we all want to

I can go on, but you haven't scratched the surface

Finally, if ALL your gear, including ball logos aren't from a single sports team (pro or college) - then you just aren't trying hard enough.

Edited by rehmwa

Bill - 

Ok, here goes.....

1 - Always tuck in my shirt, a) because it looks good and b) because I have a little bit of belly. 

2 - Don't own cargo short, maybe there is hope for me.

3 - I have them, growing up we had a family friend that dressed this way....definite no - no for me

4 - Oakleys, no on this one

5 - Nope

6 - Does Apple watch count?

7 - Not every spring, but I will invest in a new putter every so often - NO

8 - Guilty

9 - Nope

10 - I would love to wear a Payne Stewart outfit, but not ballsy enough to pull it off

I dont' think I qualify as a nerd, bucket had aside.

• Upvote 1

My golf towels are not golf specific. By that I don't advertise some golf company's logo on them. Nope, I just use a bath towel from the 99 cent store with a carabiner clip on it. One end I keep moist, the other end I keep dry.When It get too old, it goes into the rag pile for other clean up uses.

For cleaning grooves, I use a wet magic eraser, which usually turns into a conversation piece the first time folks see me use it. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2017 at 9:09 AM, NM Golf said:

It wants its golf bag back as well! Is that the Burner Bubble I see? :-P

:-D

It's an old bag and towel for sure. I've got a ton of old gear since I took a decade off after breaking my back.

MacGregor Golden Bear blades, anyone?

I think Jack was still in his 30s when these irons came out lol. 

On 10/13/2017 at 7:55 AM, rehmwa said:

Go get that ball retriever.  You're still fine (but, seriously, bucket hat?)

You have a long way to go.

1 - tuck in that shirt (If you have an overhanging belly, this is even more important)

2 - cargo shorts

3 - black long work socks

4 - giant sunglasses - giant, old retired lady giant type, don't skimp

5 - match your belt and shoes (not just color, but the exact same leather)

6 - expensive watch - just to show people

7 - are you buying new gear EVERY spring?

8 - does your Orange Whip AND your alignment sticks stay in the bag during your round?

9 - Did you actually keep your rangefinder mount and do you attach it to your cart each round?

10 - c'mon, wear that Payne Stewart outfit...deep down, we all want to

I can go on, but you haven't scratched the surface

Finally, if ALL your gear, including ball logos aren't from a single sports team (pro or college) - then you just aren't trying hard enough.

Now wait a second since when does tucking in your shirt make you a nerd, I would say the opposite is true. Have you watched the PGA TOUR? An untucked shirt makes you a slob.

Also, why would I take my alignment sticks out of my bag to go play golf?

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Note: This thread is 2016 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!