IGNORED

Tour Pro Tries to Make Hole in One with 500 Balls

iacas
Note: This thread is 1982 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Does he make one?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. BEFORE you watch the video, do you think he makes one? The hole is 145 yards away, winds are calm, and he's hitting a 9-iron.

• Yes, he makes at least one.
    • No, he doesn't hole out in 500 tries.

I voted no.  He sure proved how hard it is, even on some "this close" to perfect shots.  It looked like he had one in on the fly, and some of the misses were, so, so close!  It takes skill to come close that many times, but I think there's a bit of luck in closing the deal.

• 1 year later...
  • Administrator
5 hours ago, rehmwa said:

The complex of divot stripes on the teeing ground by the end is stupendous

I noticed that too. 🙂

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This challenge seems destined to slowly drive someone insane. If he has 12 hours to do it, assuming no breaks, he's hitting a ball every 1:26. That's a long time between shots - it's not like beating balls at the range. It's probably more like a minute with bathroom/food breaks, but still. That would seriously drive me insane.

And, oh man, look at these stats:

14 foot average proximity! Damn! 1/4 of his shots had a pretty decent chance of going in (within 5 feet).

Edited by DeadMan

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

They tried a similar thing on a gameshow over here called A League of Their Own. Ex footballer and avid (and very good) golfer Jamie Redknapp tried the same thing as part of a charity challenge. He didnt make an ace but came close quite a few times.

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

Note: This thread is 1982 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!