IGNORED

Wearing a Wedding Ring while Playing

Jeremie Boop
Note: This thread is 2199 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Congrats on the wedding @Jeremie Boop.  I wish you many years of happiness together.

I do not wear a ring, and never have, so I can't help you with that.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I’ve always worn mine and as stated previously by someone else you eventually get used to it.. has never been a issue for me

I never wear my ring golfing, or playing other sports, or around the house.  I wear my ring when I go to work, or when I go out, but that's about it.

I didn't read every post in here, so someone may have mentioned these, but a couple guys I know have them and LOVE them:

https://ensorings.com/silicone-rings/

- John

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, Hardspoon said:

I never wear my ring golfing, or playing other sports, or around the house.  I wear my ring when I go to work, or when I go out, but that's about it.

I didn't read every post in here, so someone may have mentioned these, but a couple guys I know have them and LOVE them:

I’ve been looking at those and similar rings. I don’t know why though. My ring is fine.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

22 hours ago, Jeremie Boop said:

As some of you may know, I recently got married. I had not had the opportunity to golf or go to the range since that day until yesterday after work. There was some annoyance/discomfort while golfing with my ring on and that made me wonder if this is a common issue that other people go through. If you have had a similar issue, what did you do to resolve it? Hopefully the answer isn't remove the ring, because I had already lost the first ring while we were in Puerto Rico on the beach and the possibility of losing it again.... Well, let's just say the consequences aren't exactly good.

I don't wear it when I play because my knuckle is a little bit big, so the ring is loose. A few years ago, I noticed the ring was out of round due to this. It was jamming and twisting. I put the ring in my wallet now when I play so I don't lose it or leave it at home.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I think the last time I had my wedding ring off was over 20 years ago.  I wear it playing golf, and I've apparently adjusted to it.  It IS kind of oval shaped now, not sure when or how that happened, but it doesn't bother me at all.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

13 hours ago, Hardspoon said:

My wife bought one when her hands swelled up during pregnancy (she's still pregnant). 

She asked me if I wanted to get one and my answer was "why...?" That usually ends the conversation pretty quickly lol. 

D: :tmade: R1 Stiff @ 10* 3W: :tmade: AeroBurner TP 15* 2H: :adams: Super 9031 18* 3-SW: :tmade: R9 Stiff P: :titleist: :scotty_cameron: Futura X7M 35"

Ball: Whatever. Something soft. Kirklands Signature are pretty schweeeet at the moment!

Bag: :sunmountain: C130 Cart Bag Push Cart: :sunmountain: Micro Cart Sport

(edited)
41 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I don't wear it when I play because my knuckle is a little bit big, so the ring is loose. A few years ago, I noticed the ring was out of round due to this. It was jamming and twisting. I put the ring in my wallet now when I play so I don't lose it or leave it at home.

I have a similar issue with my ring, in that it's a bit big in order to fit over my knuckle, which may be part of the issue.

33 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

I think the last time I had my wedding ring off was over 20 years ago.  I wear it playing golf, and I've apparently adjusted to it.  It IS kind of oval shaped now, not sure when or how that happened, but it doesn't bother me at all.

We went with non-traditional rings made of titanium with a black ion plating. I don't think they will be going out of round, which may be another issue. So it seems I'll probably have to go with the carabiner or other similar option to put it while golfing.

3 minutes ago, jkelley9 said:

My wife bought one when her hands swelled up during pregnancy (she's still pregnant). 

She asked me if I wanted to get one and my answer was "why...?" That usually ends the conversation pretty quickly lol. 

I think I pointed those rings out sometime before we were married and mentioned something about getting them. I got a look that from her that similarly ended the conversation quickly.

Edited by Jeremie Boop

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

17 minutes ago, jkelley9 said:

16 minutes ago, Jeremie Boop said:

I got a look that from her that similarly ended the conversation quickly.

Marriage 101!

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

• 3 months later...

I had an issue with my ring - blister after wearing for a round. Never again. Buy a valuables bag and keep your wallet, keys, ring and phone in it. 

Pro tip - don’t then toss the valuables bag in the trunk of your car... I may have done that a couple years back!

I got married about a year ago, and first my ring felt weird so I took it off in the car before playing.  But I like it, and like to wear it, so after a month maybe I started wearing it again.  It didn't take long to get used to it, may be slightly out-of-round, and the glove keeps the diamonds shiny!

IMG_1436.jpeg.d7f2aabc854d1fcbd4e634648ed58345.jpeg

We were cracking up because he still had the putter in his hand from his birdie on #9!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Barbara

www.golfgirl.net 

On 10/11/2017 at 6:14 AM, colin007 said:

If you leave it on you'll eventually get used to it. If I were to take it off now it would feel weird to play without it.

This was my experience as well.

Trollin' is the life

Cant wear mine at the moment as i get eczma between my little and ring finger (both hands) so it irritates mr to wear it. Also cant wear a glove while playing as i end up bleeding after 6 or so holes and it was getting pricey buying new gloves.

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

I was lucky enough to get one of those rings 47 years ago. Wore it 40+ years before taking it off. Never remember it bothering me playing golf, though I did notice it while gripping a baseball bat. 

Had to remove it some years back due to excessive swelling. These days, I wear it on a chain around my neck. 

• Like 1

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

I can play with mine on, but on hot days I will take it off.
When I take it off I will it around the band of my watch and the watch goes into the inside pocket of my accessory bag. That bag is clipped onto my bag but it is zipped into the top zipper pocket.

Titleist Essential Valuables Pouches

Players play, tough players win!

Note: This thread is 2199 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!