IGNORED

2017 Newport Cup Matches at Talamore Resort (Pinehurst, NC)

iacas

Note: This thread is 1699 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

17 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

For the record, @Pretzel and I shot a 69 (gross) and got smoked 2.5-0.5. (Was a great match though)

Funny game.

It was a great time. @Pretzel's drives were fun to watch. Impressive. 

• Like 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

8 minutes ago, coachjimsc said:

It was a great time. @Pretzel's drives were fun to watch. Impressive. 

So was @jsgolfer‘s short game.  Many tap-ins for par after missed greens (and one crucial pitch in birdie to top it off)

16 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

So was @jsgolfer‘s short game.  Many tap-ins for par after missed greens (and one crucial pitch in birdie to top it off)

It sure was a good match and great fun, although we won 2.5-.5, we only won the entire match by 1. Can't get much closer than that.  :beer:

My back still hurts from watching @Pretzelswing,  :-O

Edited by jsgolfer
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

For the record, @Pretzel and I shot a 69 (gross) and got smoked 2.5-0.5. (Was a great match though)

Funny game.

Yes that's unfortunately the way match play can go. @Pretzel and many other West players are playing solid golf.

29 minutes ago, jsgolfer said:

My back still hurts from watching @Pretzel swing

Give it ten years and mine probably will too. Until then I'll enjoy it while I can though! :-D

@Golfingdad and I made 3 or 4 birdies on the back nine, which would be more than enough for a comeback in most cases. Our eastern paint opponents, however, played excellently and managed to hold onto their lead.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Club Rat said:

@DaveP043  What a STUD ......  :beer:

+1

8 hours ago, Golfingdad said:

Funny game.

Yeah, I guess that's match play for you. Good shooting man..

BB2643AC-96B3-4FB0-99EC-7C0951204958.jpeg

Match 2 opening hole becomes a pitch-off. Dan sticks it to tap-in distance. 

8FA95D97-0C00-44A4-9EAD-1A3EFBB9C51F.jpeg

Match 3 opening hole. Blue discusses options on this downhill lie (photo doesn’t do it justice). 

Phil had just put Red on green to about 10ft from nearly same yardage as his eagle hole out yesterday on this hole. 

• iacas unpinned and unfeatured this topic
Note: This thread is 1699 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!