IGNORED

About 1/3 of tour players chose Mizuno if no sponsor

nevets88
Note: This thread is 2380 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Mizunos Irons are great.    I just got a set of Hot Metals and WOW.    First time for me with Mizunos and I am sold on them.     I went over the specs I ordered with a fine tooth comb and all is right on.    Trouble with Mizuno like Wilson is great Irons and not so great Woods.     

1 minute ago, joro said:

Mizunos Irons are great.    I just got a set of Hot Metals and WOW.    First time for me with Mizunos and I am sold on them.     I went over the specs I ordered with a fine tooth comb and all is right on.    Trouble with Mizuno like Wilson is great Irons and not so great Woods.     

Glad you like them! It's not hard to really like Mizuno clubs.

Yeah, they have a pretty low profile with their woods for some reason, but they can't be the best at everything. . .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

50 minutes ago, billchao said:

In an anonymous poll? There aren't many reasons to lie.

These guys play certain brands because they're paid to. Maybe they feel their sponsor produces the best clubs for their game, maybe they don't but play them because the price is right, so they must think another brand of clubs would suit them better. That's kind of the point of the poll.

I would go with Bill and what he said.  If someone is gonna pay me to use their clubs, guess what I am playing???

Did you know that Katsuhiro Miura makes irons for tour players and puts the company name on them that the player represents?

Edited by Vinny Cap

Driver: :callaway: Diablo
Woods: :callaway: Big Bertha 2 & 4
Irons: Miura MC 102's 3 - PW & Mizuno MP 67's 3 - W
Wedges: :mizuno: MP-R12 52* & 58*
Putters: :ping: WRX Ti4

Especially the new irons. They are fantastic. They really went back to their roots with the new MP set.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

10 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Especially the new irons. They are fantastic. They really went back to their roots with the new MP set.

Are you playing the JPX 900's?

I was thinking of getting a set of MP 32's.  Sweet looking.  Anyone swing these?

14 minutes ago, Vinny Cap said:

Are you playing the JPX 900's?

No, MP-59

I am talking about the MP-18

I actually do not like the look of the JPX series.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

10 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

No, MP-59

I am talking about the MP-18

I actually do not like the look of the JPX series.

Ahh. I thought you posted on them last year but couldn't remember.

The 59's are nice... a lil TI Muscle!!!

The 18's are sweet looking clubs.  Love that solid blade look.

I wasn't a big fan of the look or feel of the JPX's either.

38 minutes ago, Vinny Cap said:

If someone is gonna pay me to use their clubs, guess what I am playing???

Of course, that's what I think as well.

Did you know that Katsuhiro Miura makes irons for tour players and puts the company name on them that the player represents?

I heard this before, but not the specifics. I probably just assumed they're Mizuno's :-D

Edited by Lihu

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Yes Lihu Miura has been making clubs for majors for years.    I remember way back when they made some of the original Burner Irons for Taylor Made.    I have a set of Lefty KZG irons that were forged by Miura.     By the way I am a Lefty also.

7 minutes ago, Lihu said:

Of course, that's what I think as well.

I heard this before, but not the specifics.

Tiger was playing Muira's branded as Mizuno or Nike... I can't remember what one.  I am trying to remember some others..... I think some Callaway, Taylor and Bridgestone Tour players have done this as well.

If you can test out some Miuria's, try them, they are awesome like Mizuno's! 

Just now, Vinny Cap said:

Tiger was playing Muira's branded as Mizuno or Nike... I can't remember what one.  I am trying to remember some others..... I think some Callaway, Taylor and Bridgestone Tour players have done this as well.

I don't have the budget with effectively 2 kids in college. My MP-52 work pretty nicely for me right now.

However, perhaps in the future? :whistle:

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

7 minutes ago, Lihu said:

I don't have the budget with effectively 2 kids in college. My MP-52 work pretty nicely for me right now.

However, perhaps in the future? :whistle:

I hear you.  Golf is expensive and family comes first.

I was lucky to score a barely hit set of MC102's for cheep!  I wouldn't have paid $1850 for a whole set of irons.  No way.  That's a ton of rounds, beers and golf accessories with change left over!!

Just now, Vinny Cap said:

I hear you.  Golf is expensive and family comes first.

I was lucky to score a barely hit set of MC102's for cheep!  I wouldn't have paid $1850 for a whole set of irons.  No way.  That's a ton of rounds, beers and golf accessories with change left over!!

$1850? No way, even when I do have disposable income, I'd buy them used and put in standard S300 shafts and Golf Pride grips if they aren't on them already. They're going to get all scratched up anyway.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

11 minutes ago, Lihu said:

$1850? No way, even when I do have disposable income, I'd buy them used and put in standard S300 shafts and Golf Pride grips if they aren't on them already. They're going to get all scratched up anyway.

WOW is right?  That is what I said.  I just looked at the local guy and he doesn't advertise them anymore so maybe he isn't authorized anymore.  That was the stock price without upgrading any shafts or grips.

Mine have Lamkin grips with the TT DG shafts.  Like em just as they are!

1 hour ago, Vinny Cap said:

I wouldn't have paid $1850 for a whole set of irons.  No way.  That's a ton of rounds, beers and golf accessories with change left over!!

Most sets of irons will run you anywhere from $700 to $1200.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

2 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Most sets of irons will run you anywhere from $700 to $1200.

The threshold for normal club spending is probably around $1000 for most golfers. Many do actually buy Honma or some other boutique brand for tens of thousands, but even $2000 for a set of clubs is a bit high. The engineer in me can't forget that they're just chunks of metal.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

2 hours ago, Vinny Cap said:

Just out of interest, has anyone actually seen any reputable evidence of this? Or is this just part of the Miura 'legend'?

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

2 hours ago, joro said:

Yes Lihu Miura has been making clubs for majors for years.    I remember way back when they made some of the original Burner Irons for Taylor Made.    I have a set of Lefty KZG irons that were forged by Miura.     By the way I am a Lefty also.

5 minutes ago, misty_mountainhop said:

Just out of interest, has anyone actually seen any reputable evidence of this? Or is this just part of the Miura 'legend'?

Now, I'm kind of curious. I'm pretty sure it's not going to be public information.

I can ask my club fitter friend sometime who's been in the business for a half a century or more. He loves these kind of anecdotes, so I'm sure if anyone would know, he would.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Note: This thread is 2380 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!