IGNORED

Don't text and drive folks

nevets88
Note: This thread is 2331 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yeah, the stop people from texting in the car features in both iPhone and Android can be worked around. 

Below - I'm actually a better driver when I'm texting. :no:

Screen Shot 2017-10-19 at 11.39.17 PM.png

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 10/17/2017 at 2:57 PM, Lihu said:

OMG, people can't be trusted to drive by themselves, self driving cars are long overdue. . .

These types should just take Lyft or Uber.

Self driving cars need to happen ASAP. I was unsure about them at first, but now I realize what a problem traffic fatalities are. Driving is the most dangerous thing most of us do on a daily basis, lots of room for improvement with technology. 

- Mark

1. Totally on board with self-driving cars, long overdue

2. New cars have great features that I think should be a mandatory: radar cruise control, and lane departure warning. My wife just got a new Mazda CX-5 a few weeks ago and we got it with this package for about $600 extra and it was WELL worth it on road trips and longer commutes.

3. New cars for a while now (later 2000's?) have mostly always had bluetooth hands-free calling as a feature. Nowadays it comes in nearly EVERY new car by default. And it actually works well (the noise filters are significantly better now). This is what I installed myself in my truck and it's WELL worth it.

4. People, especially the average American, have a severe gap in the action-consequence realm. They fall staggeringly short here. It's one thing to worry yourself to death; it's another thing to have a healthy respect for the consequences of a 2-ton killing machine.

5. I would have zero problem with car manufacturers or the government somehow disabling texting while driving. Sure, I'm not thinking about all the little nuances as to why that may be a bad idea but on the face of it... it sounds pretty good to me. Then again, I'm one of those folks that has nothing to hide from or bend/break the rules that I'm not willing to accept the consequences for... so you know which side of the Patriot Act I fall on...

6. If I got a felony charge for going more than 14 mph over the speed limit on a freshly paved, divided highway, with no cars on the road, dry as a desert, in the middle of the day, in an S2000 (a very small car) with brand new Z-rated tires.... then people who text and drive should also get felony charges. And I fully accepted responsibility for my actions. 

This may be outdated by the time my daughter can (crossing my fingers for telekinetic texting! lol!) drive but when she can, if I ever caught her texting and driving, she'd be handing me her keys for a long, long time. 

D: :tmade: R1 Stiff @ 10* 3W: :tmade: AeroBurner TP 15* 2H: :adams: Super 9031 18* 3-SW: :tmade: R9 Stiff P: :titleist: :scotty_cameron: Futura X7M 35"

Ball: Whatever. Something soft. Kirklands Signature are pretty schweeeet at the moment!

Bag: :sunmountain: C130 Cart Bag Push Cart: :sunmountain: Micro Cart Sport

Don't text and drive.
Don't photograph and drive.
Don't film and drive.
Don't Snapchat and drive.
Don't Instagram and drive.

Not using the phone much at all really. Use headphones if you need to take receiving calls, or wait until you've stopped and call back.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator
On 10/20/2017 at 3:55 PM, jkelley9 said:

5. I would have zero problem with car manufacturers or the government somehow disabling texting while driving. Sure, I'm not thinking about all the little nuances as to why that may be a bad idea but on the face of it... it sounds pretty good to me. Then again, I'm one of those folks that has nothing to hide from or bend/break the rules that I'm not willing to accept the consequences for... so you know which side of the Patriot Act I fall on...

Can't really do that, because nothing stops passengers from texting, and a car will have a hard time knowing who is doing the texting.

As His get better, they won't. They'll be able to see who is using the phone, where their eyes are looking, whatever…

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 2331 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!