IGNORED

Where do you Put the Cheese on a Cheeseburger?

nevets88
Note: This thread is 2335 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, iacas said:

Agreed. Though sometimes when it's more of a quickie meal and I'm doing most of the prep work, I'll skip that step, because a) I'm the only one who seems to care, and b) it's another whole process, and a pan to wash, etc.

Hmmmmm… I wonder if I could very lightly butter a bun and put it in the toaster on the bagel setting?

We have a grill pan we use.  Lightly buttered and then put a pan or two on top to press everything down.  Flattens the roll but crisps it perfectly.

Never thought of the toaster idea.  I prefer only one side toasted though...

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
1 minute ago, NCGolfer said:

Never thought of the toaster idea. I prefer only one side toasted though...

You missed the part where I said the "bagel setting." :-) Only toasts the inside.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 minute ago, iacas said:

You missed the part where I said the "bagel setting." :-) Only toasts the inside.

Ahhh...then I approve of your experiment.  :-)

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

I just throw the buns in the toaster oven. I like both sides toasted.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Never even thought about this.  It's like asking a player if they breadth in or out during a backswing.  This will mess up enjoyment of cheese burgers.

Personally, I don't care.  They all end up the same.  :whistle:

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Yukari said:

They all end up the same.  :whistle:

My dad said that and it didn't make sense then, and it doesn't make sense now.

YEs, it goes to the same place (your tummy), but HOW it gets there, and HOW it TASTES, varies. And that's almost the entire point.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Good thread and now I am making burgers for dinner!

Meat - 80/20 for sure.  Have to have that fat or it will not be a juicy burger.

Grill - Always!  Never made a bad burger on the grill.  Fat and juicy!  You can saute the mushrooms on the side burner and toast the buns with some butter on the top rack.

Jalapeno peppers on top of the burger before adding the cheese.  After adding the cheese put the mushrooms on so the jalapenos, the cheese and mushrooms all melt together.

Put that fat, juicy burger on that nice buttery, toasted roll.... add in a nice fat slice of beefsteak tomato and some romaine and iceberg lettuce and you have one of the best things to eat!

** No catsup, mayo or mustard here... can't ruin that nice juicy creation I just made **

Edited by Vinny Cap

Driver: :callaway: Diablo
Woods: :callaway: Big Bertha 2 & 4
Irons: Miura MC 102's 3 - PW & Mizuno MP 67's 3 - W
Wedges: :mizuno: MP-R12 52* & 58*
Putters: :ping: WRX Ti4

Saw some folks grilling burgers by the river over the weekend, now I have a hankering to light up the barbecue reading about burgers. Still warm enough.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator

We're having burgers tonight.

10 hours ago, 1badbadger said:

Has anyone mentioned toasting the bun?

Of course. I thought this was a given.

10 hours ago, 1badbadger said:

Quarter pounders get 2 slices of cheese, one on top, one on bottom, and they are "fanned" so the corners are opposite each other. (see pic)

102791883-quarter-pounder.530x298.jpg.240ee741710898c66844811bb1698142.jpg

I don't think I've ever had a quarter pounder that looked like this ;-)

6 hours ago, iacas said:

Agreed. Though sometimes when it's more of a quickie meal and I'm doing most of the prep work, I'll skip that step, because a) I'm the only one who seems to care, and b) it's another whole process, and a pan to wash, etc.

Hmmmmm… I wonder if I could very lightly butter a bun and put it in the toaster on the bagel setting?

Do you cook your burgers in a pan? If so, you can just toast your buns in the pan before you cook the burgers.

3 hours ago, Yukari said:

Personally, I don't care.  They all end up the same.  :whistle:

True. Might as well just put all the ingredients in a blender and make a smoothie out of it. :yucky::-P

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

16 minutes ago, billchao said:

Of course. I thought this was a given.

I don't think I've ever had a quarter pounder that looked like this ;-)

Do you cook your burgers in a pan? If so, you can just toast your buns in the pan before you cook the burgers.

True. Might as well just put all the ingredients in a blender and make a smoothie out of it. :yucky::-P

That's what I do, but toast it after the burgers are done.

Hamburger smoothie? Don't give anyone any ideas, the god forsaken cookie dough store is expanding despite people getting sick.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

2 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

That's what I do, but toast it after the burgers are done.

Sometimes the pan can be a little greasy and the bun would soak it up instead of toasting.

3 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Hamburger smoothie? Don't give anyone any ideas, the god forsaken cookie dough store is expanding despite people getting sick.

Spoiler

They've never heard of pasteurized eggs? Also I have never liked eating cookie dough, cake batter, etc.

I just remembered one of my favorite burgers I used to make when I was a cook:

Toasted soft hamburger roll, mayonnaise on the heel, quarter pound patty, cheese (optional, I ate it without cheese), two slices of Taylor Ham, slice of raw onion, tomato, lettuce, dijon mustard on the crown.

I also used to work in New Brunswick and this burger is the real deal. @nevets88, next time you come down I'll have to take you here.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
44 minutes ago, billchao said:

$_DEITY no. On a grill, of course.

14 minutes ago, billchao said:

Sometimes the pan can be a little greasy and the bun would soak it up instead of toasting.

Hide contents

They've never heard of pasteurized eggs? Also I have never liked eating cookie dough, cake batter, etc.

I just remembered one of my favorite burgers I used to make when I was a cook:

Toasted soft hamburger roll, mayonnaise on the heel, quarter pound patty, cheese (optional, I ate it without cheese), two slices of Taylor Ham, slice of raw onion, tomato, lettuce, dijon mustard on the crown.

I also used to work in New Brunswick and this burger is the real deal. @nevets88, next time you come down I'll have to take you here.

Nice. That cheese looks really good. Have you been sous-videing your cheeseburgers? You do anything different?

Spoiler

The dough store claimed to have figured out how to get rid of all the bad stuff so they say, not so for those sick folks.

Steve

9 minutes ago, iacas said:

$_DEITY no. On a grill, of course.

Then just toast them on the grill?

6 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Have you been sous-videing your cheeseburgers? You do anything different?

No. I cook them the old fashioned way. Sometimes I'll cook them in a pan, sometimes on the grill.

Honestly I can't think of the last time I cooked burgers. I don't usually cook beef at home anymore and I eat a lot of Wendy's for lunch so I'm usually not in the mood for burgers at dinner.

Bill

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

The bagel setting thing worked out okay. they browned on one side more than the other, so a flip mid-way through may be required. Also, my bagels are usually about a 3.5 or so on my toaster, and these took about half that: 1.8 to 2.0.

Note: This thread is 2335 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!