IGNORED

Where do you Put the Cheese on a Cheeseburger?

nevets88
Note: This thread is 2354 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

3 hours ago, iacas said:

A White Castle "burger" that was just way, way, WAY too onion-y.

They don't sell burgers there. They sell onions with a side of beef and bread.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, Pretzel said:

I thought that was the focus of the "Where's the beef" commercial.   I've been to White Castle once.   I won't go back.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

I like American cheese on burgers.  When that’s not handy some grated cheddar works in a pinch.

The wife saw a recipe for hamburgers with cheese mixed in rolled into the shape of a hot dog.  I tried them, and thought they were okay, but I don’t really want to share what they looked like.  

Corey

7 hours ago, Warren Zevon said:

I like American cheese on burgers.  When that’s not handy some grated cheddar works in a pinch.

The wife saw a recipe for hamburgers with cheese mixed in rolled into the shape of a hot dog.  I tried them, and thought they were okay, but I don’t really want to share what they looked like.  

What exactly is American Cheese? Is that like Velveeta? Or more like cheddar? And if the later, what differentiates it from cheddar? Seems like whenever I see American Cheese in a menu it usually just means Kraft Singles. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

2 hours ago, Ernest Jones said:

What exactly is American Cheese? Is that like Velveeta? Or more like cheddar? And if the later, what differentiates it from cheddar? Seems like whenever I see American Cheese in a menu it usually just means Kraft Singles. 

Funny you'd ask: http://www.seriouseats.com/2016/07/whats-really-in-american-cheese.html

When I say "American cheese" I'm referring to the stuff you get from the deli counter or something equivalent to Kraft Deluxe. Not Kraft Singles, not Velveeta.

12 hours ago, Pretzel said:

White Castle is a national treasure. That style of burger is even better homemade. Onions are the best vegetable.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

On 10/30/2017 at 10:02 AM, Vinsk said:

No, no,no. The lettuce is often the wettest thing on there! Bottom bun, Patty, lettuce, tomato,  onion, mustard, ketchup, cheese. That's the only way to do it. Mayo is disgusting and does not belong on a burger. In fact, nothing white ever belongs on a burger. Disgusting, mold-ridden vile substance!

Not if you spin it, vile commoner!

Note: This thread is 2354 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!