IGNORED

MoviePass

iacas

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

14 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

On 12/4/2017 at 7:05 PM, nevets88 said:

Heading towards seeing almost $250 worth of movies this November and December yet paying only $20. An adult ticket at an arthouse theater Sunday was $17. No comfy seats, no 3D, no IMAX, no nuthin', just an old style theater with a balcony and feeling like a sardine in a packed house. Used MP on The Shape of Water, The Breadwinner and Call Me By Your Name (all birdies or better) this month so far. Will definitely see Coco and The Last Jedi (multiple times). Probably The Post, and a bunch of indie/foreign movies.

These last two months have been a boatload of really good movies.

So YOU'RE the problem!

You .. you  ... you CONSUMER, you!

Edited by Missouri Swede

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

34 minutes ago, Missouri Swede said:

So YOU'RE the problem!

You .. you  ... you CONSUMER, you!

Lol. It's VC money, a transfer from the ultra rich to the normals. I joined in November and have seen around 40 movies on MP's dime. It's basically a gift certificate that keeps resurrecting and can use that money saved for green fees! When MP folds, I'll probably upgrade my Sinemia plan.

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• 3 weeks later...

MP really went downhill. The choices are vastly limited now, but a market with a lot of theaters, still some options, have to think for smaller markets it is a no brainer to quit. So basically, I'm using it for indie movies now, because all that's showing up that fits my schedule are the indie and foreign movies or older mainstream ones or stinky ones that MP is promoting.

Changed my Sinemia plan from 2 a month to 3. Also trying out AMC monthly plan, which is pretty good for me as the AMC theaters near me, lots of options, will see 2001 again, but this time, IMAX.

Off topic, but since MP saved me so much money, I bought $100 worth of shares of its holding company, that pretty much went to nothing in a minute. It's like tossing a ball into the water to appease the golf gods.

Steve

• Administrator
7 hours ago, nevets88 said:

MP really went downhill. The choices are vastly limited now, but a market with a lot of theaters, still some options, have to think for smaller markets it is a no brainer to quit.

Yeah, I'm f***ing pissed.

I signed up for the year. Movies here are literally $5.99. Sometimes only $5.

And yet on some days we have THREE showtimes (total) for TWO movies. What a f***ing joke it's become.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 hours ago, iacas said:

Yeah, I'm f***ing pissed.

I signed up for the year. Movies here are literally $5.99. Sometimes only $5.

And yet on some days we have THREE showtimes (total) for TWO movies. What a f***ing joke it's become.

If you paid with a credit card, now might be the time to file a chargeback on the grounds of false or deceptive advertising of the service when you purchased the year's subscription. While they still have money to give back to you, that is.

Edited by Pretzel

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Pretzel said:

If you paid with a credit card, now might be the time to file a chargeback on the grounds of false or deceptive advertising of the service when you purchased the year's subscription. While they still have money to give back to you, that is.

I don’t think you can do that nine months later.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

7 hours ago, iacas said:

I don’t think you can do that nine months later.

You'd be surprised. You can ask your card issuer for a partial chargeback, at the least, since the offered services changed drastically from what was advertised partway through what you paid for.

I had good luck with American Express when I contacted them about a similar issue. I had bought a year's subscription to a local service (car washes, it was an all you can wash pass that included light interior detailing). About 7 months in the company closed the local location during rebranding and also changed the terms of service to limit the number of car washes, while refusing to refund me in any way. Since the nearest place was a 30-40 minute drive away and the terms had changed significantly (I used to stop by 2-3x a week since it was along my daily commute), AmEx was kind enough to offer a partial chargeback to me prorated based on how long I had used the service once I showed them that I had cancelled it.

• Administrator
25 minutes ago, Pretzel said:

You'd be surprised. You can ask your card issuer for a partial chargeback, at the least, since the offered services changed drastically from what was advertised partway through what you paid for.

I had good luck with American Express when I contacted them about a similar issue. I had bought a year's subscription to a local service (car washes, it was an all you can wash pass that included light interior detailing). About 7 months in the company closed the local location during rebranding and also changed the terms of service to limit the number of car washes, while refusing to refund me in any way. Since the nearest place was a 30-40 minute drive away and the terms had changed significantly (I used to stop by 2-3x a week since it was along my daily commute), AmEx was kind enough to offer a partial chargeback to me prorated based on how long I had used the service once I showed them that I had cancelled it.

Not worth the hassle, IMO. My time is worth something, too.

We probably roughly broke even, so lesson learned.

• 1 year later...

• Like 1

Steve

• 2 years later...

They're back, I hear.

Do people still go to movie theaters?

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

37 minutes ago, Missouri Swede said:

They're back, I hear.

Do people still go to movie theaters?

LIV movie pass? 😄

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge