IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge November 2017

iacas
Note: This thread is 2310 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

11/11 tee’d off near sunrise, 2nd group out. Pregame focus no six’s, after the par 5 first how that was out the window then greens in regulation became the new goal, and while I was frequently short, it went well. 

Aloha! 

Hi, I live on a small island in the Pacific Ocean.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I had hoped to make it to the range today, but that didn't pan out. Hoping to get there tomorrow instead. Today's effort therefore involves more chipping and putting in the basement. 

11/11/17:

My wife and I are expecting our second child sometime in the next few hours. So just slow swings while here at the hospital, mostly trying to distract my wife between contractions.

• Thumbs Up 1

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Congratulations onthehunt526. I hope everything went well. 

Finally made it to the range today. I was working on a few different ideas to try and speed up my arms. I was also working on external rotation of my left leg on the backswing. Felt really good. 

Enjoyed playing the past 2 days so today I focused on my putting by using 2 alignment poles and putting making sure the ball comes off the club squarely. 11/12

Congrats @onthehunt526 hope everything went great!

On 11/11/2017 at 12:05 PM, Lihu said:

Relaxed my arms keeping grip and letting the core muscles tense in the opposing direction worked really good. At first it was awkward, but as I hit another 120 balls, I got the hang of it. Took 240 balls for me to "get comfortable".

Doing the above then playing a round the next day was not a great idea. That, and the fact that I hand tilled up a rock hard flower bed for my wife before being allowed to go out and play a round. I hit like crap because my forearms felt like Jello, but didn't score too that bad until it got too dark to see with one brilliantly miraculous par on a par 5 in the dark. Well, since I was playing with "other" bogey golfers, it really didn't make a difference. I still beat them handily, and continued to play a few holes to try to get 13 holes with my partner watching where my ball went. It sucked like any normal person would think. . . :-P

Stretching out my forearms and massaging them to get the jello-like feeling out of them.

Edited by Lihu

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

11/12/17:

Didn't sleep much last night... So I had to run home and pack an overnight bag (They let dad's stay with mom and baby overnight here).

I did a few without the club drills practicing my positions and such... While helping my wife with Zoey... 

Note: Alina is super excited to be a big sister.

• Like 1

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

7 minutes ago, onthehunt526 said:

11/12/17:

Didn't sleep much last night... So I had to run home and pack an overnight bag (They let dad's stay with mom and baby overnight here).

I did a few without the club drills practicing my positions and such... While helping my wife with Zoey... 

Note: Alina is super excited to be a big sister.

Congrats on your second kid!

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

11 hours ago, Lihu said:

Doing the above then playing a round the next day was not a great idea. That, and the fact that I hand tilled up a rock hard flower bed for my wife before being allowed to go out and play a round. I hit like crap because my forearms felt like Jello, but didn't score too that bad until it got too dark to see with one brilliantly miraculous par on a par 5 in the dark. Well, since I was playing with "other" bogey golfers, it really didn't make a difference. I still beat them handily, and continued to play a few holes to try to get 13 holes with my partner watching where my ball went. It sucked like any normal person would think. . . :-P

Stretching out my forearms and massaging them to get the jello-like feeling out of them.

Mirror work with a club simulator.

Stretching out my forearms. Wow, I didn't think tilling up something like 200 square feet with a hoe and ground breaker took that much effort? The ground was like cement so a 25 pound rock bar came in handy a couple times. My forearms are getting weak. :-P

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

11 hours ago, Lihu said:

Mirror work with a club simulator.

Stretching out my forearms. Wow, I didn't think tilling up something like 200 square feet with a hoe and ground breaker took that much effort? The ground was like cement so a 25 pound rock bar came in handy a couple times. My forearms are getting weak. :-P

Brought 5 drivers with me. Ping i25 Tour Xstiff PWR75, Ping G15 X100 45” shaft, Burner X200 45.5” And a Cobra Bio Cell 47” shaft.

I thought the Bio cell would be too heavy, no it wasn’t :-D that club let me carry over 270 yards well over the 250 yard sign and the hill. Used my laser to check because I couldn’t believe it. When I finished my resistance training with these monster clubs, I took my floppy and feather light game club and hit it even farther than usual when I made good contact. Unfortunately, I crowned three drives and sliced/hooked a lot more with something like only 3 acceptable drives out of 10. But man we’re those 3 really long shots! Well it got dark and I stopped to blog and drink a Gatorade.

Now my core muscles feel like jello as I write this post. Might have to take tomorrow off. Needed to burn off 4 eggs and 8 pieces of bacon I had for my 2 breakfasts :-P

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

11/13/17:

Practiced putting in the living room for a while at home this evening.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

My T stroke finally turned you so I spent a few minutes working with it in the basement. I love the position it puts me in and it makes it very easy to check I’m square. I suspect I will be mentioning this frequently in this thread. 

On 11/12/2017 at 2:32 PM, iSank said:

today I focused on my putting by using 2 alignment poles and putting making sure the ball comes off the club squarely. 11/12

Replay, same Drill, liked it, aloha. 11/13

Mirror work getting A2 parallel and turning from there.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

11/14/17:

You know rocking Zoey to sleep is good practice, for a one piece takeaway and feeling your arms-and-shoulders putting stroke... I picked up a putter and tried it... It works very well as a "drill"... No wonder Alina whoops my butt at putting contests, she must rock her stuffed animals everyday.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Chipping and putting in the basement today. Putting with the t stroke. Tomorrow I’m going to have a go on the sam with the t stroke and see what happens. 

11 hours ago, Lihu said:

Mirror work getting A2 parallel and turning from there.

Working on this and somehow I got talked into playing the tips today which we estimated between 7800 and 8000 yards of playing. Not the gold tees, but the very back of the holes. The 18th hole was so dark, though, that we played those from the blue 25 yards up. I was in places I never ventured before, and heard werewolves howling behind the trees. :ninja:

Played horribly today, and some of it was due to fatigue from driving too many balls yesterday with X100, X200 and X300 (47") shafts. My fingers joints are also sore. My core muscles are really sore. couldn't really get any kind of speed with my irons and anything that touched the ground. I also sliced and hooked many shots.

I kind of admit that my putting was kind of bad, but I blame my tiredness and sore muscles on that. 41 putts on nice clean and fast putting surfaces? Ouch, I'm worse than I thought at putting.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

After 2 days of putting practice it was nice to get outside and swing the 3 metal. So I did, working on keeping my tempo, and no reverse c on follow thru, saw mostly good contact.

11/14

Note: This thread is 2310 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!