IGNORED

Are You a Brand Snob?

PaddyMac
Note: This thread is 1705 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Brand Snobbery  

159 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a brand snob? Do you favor the Titleists/Callaways/TaylorMades/etc. over the Snells/RAMs/Wishons/etc.?

• Yes
    • No
    • Ehhhhhh…

Not sure if "snob" is the operative word.  I'm making a comeback after a nearly 20 year layoff.  My clubs are all Taylormade but they are all 20+ years old too.  I was never a hard core golfer but I did pony up for a top of the line set of clubs back then.  I have no intention of buying anything newer.  These shoot better than I aim and they go quite well with my Taylormade bag and cap.  lol 

• Like 1

Ping G25 Driver

Ping G20 3 Wood

Taylor Made 3 & 4 Hybrids

Titleist AP-1 712 (5-GW)

Titleist Vokey 52° & 56°

Tad Moore Pro 1X Putter

Titleist DT Tru-Soft

Titleist Glove

all in a... Titleist Carry Bag

Brand snob, or brand whore, whatever.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to Are You a Brand Snob?

No, I currently have a Bag Boy cart bag; Cleveland irons; Cobra woods and driver. I really only play what suits me. Some clubs I have found I cannot play, e.g., TaylorMade, just can't hit the M4 straight for some reason.

Am a bit of a brand snob when it comes to my clubs.  I guess I just trust the R&D and production quality of a Titleist/Callaway/Cleveland etc over that of the unknown cheaper brands.  For golf balls, I am not that fussy.  It depends on if the ball performs well enough.  For the putter, bag and golf trolley, I am not very fussy

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Unfortunately I am a brand snob. Callaway Epic driver and 3 wood. Callaway Big Bertha 3 hybrid. 4,5,6, Edge hybrids, 7,8,9, Edge irons, and Mack Daddy wedges, 48, 52, 56, 60. Last but not least Versa 9 putter. However I do not play a Callaway ball. That is a Vice Pro Soft.

My loyalty is usually whatever happens to be on a huge discount around the time I'm looking for something specific. Taylormade driver and 3wood, titleist 3i-aw (48 deg), Cleveland 52 and 56, and nike putter.

In My Bag:
Driver: :cleveland:  Hi-Bore XLS
Irons: :cleveland:  CCi 3i-PW
Wedges: :nike:  VR V-Rev Cast Black-Satin
Putter: :ping:  IC 20-10A

Note: This thread is 1705 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!