PaddyMac

Are You a Brand Snob?

Brand Snobbery  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a brand snob? Do you favor the Titleists/Callaways/TaylorMades/etc. over the Snells/RAMs/Wishons/etc.?

• Yes
    • No
    • Ehhhhhh…

133 posts / 15034 viewsLast Reply

Not sure if "snob" is the operative word.  I'm making a comeback after a nearly 20 year layoff.  My clubs are all Taylormade but they are all 20+ years old too.  I was never a hard core golfer but I did pony up for a top of the line set of clubs back then.  I have no intention of buying anything newer.  These shoot better than I aim and they go quite well with my Taylormade bag and cap.  lol 

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

Ping G25 Driver

Ping G20 3 Wood

Taylor Made 3 & 4 Hybrids

Titleist AP-1 712 (5-GW)

Titleist Vokey 52° & 56°

Tad Moore Pro 1X Putter

Titleist DT Tru-Soft

Titleist Glove

all in a... Titleist Carry Bag

Brand snob, or brand whore, whatever.

No, I currently have a Bag Boy cart bag; Cleveland irons; Cobra woods and driver. I really only play what suits me. Some clubs I have found I cannot play, e.g., TaylorMade, just can't hit the M4 straight for some reason.

Am a bit of a brand snob when it comes to my clubs.  I guess I just trust the R&D and production quality of a Titleist/Callaway/Cleveland etc over that of the unknown cheaper brands.  For golf balls, I am not that fussy.  It depends on if the ball performs well enough.  For the putter, bag and golf trolley, I am not very fussy

Unfortunately I am a brand snob. Callaway Epic driver and 3 wood. Callaway Big Bertha 3 hybrid. 4,5,6, Edge hybrids, 7,8,9, Edge irons, and Mack Daddy wedges, 48, 52, 56, 60. Last but not least Versa 9 putter. However I do not play a Callaway ball. That is a Vice Pro Soft.

My loyalty is usually whatever happens to be on a huge discount around the time I'm looking for something specific. Taylormade driver and 3wood, titleist 3i-aw (48 deg), Cleveland 52 and 56, and nike putter.