IGNORED

Tiger Woods Chip Yips (2017 Edition, with Poll)

iacas
Note: This thread is 2032 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tiger and the Chip Yips  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Did Tiger have the Chip Yips before?

• Yes, he definitely had the chip yips.
    • No, he was just out of practice, and consequently, hit some horrible chips.
    • Something else… (explain in a comment).
  2. 2. Will Tiger have the chip yips (not just one or two bad chips, but actual chip yips) in 2017 or 2018?

• You bet!
    • No way!

2 minutes ago, iacas said:

Anyone still think Tiger has/had the chip yips?

Man, they had the brain yips.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

13 hours ago, iacas said:

Anyone still think Tiger has/had the chip yips?

Nope, and I never thought he had them to begin with.

47 minutes ago, 3jacker said:

He definitely had them. For a very short while.

Nope. I believe the general consensus is that the yips are a neurological issue with fine motor functions of the hands that do not allow them to move correctly. Their is no way to actually fix this but to make a drastic shift in technique. This is why you see someone like Sam Sneed switch to a croquet-style putting. Which was then banned.

Tiger didn't make a drastic change to his short game technique. He just got better at it.

No, he did not have the yips. Even PGA Tour players go through times of doubt and struggle in aspects of their game. People are to quick to label something like the yips as an excuse.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

With the short game shots, didn't Woods say the pain was so bad, he just wanted to get those shots over with? I think it was a combo of bad mechanics and "here comes the pain". Or making moves to avoid the pain.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I don’t think it was the yips, only because it was relatively intermittent. He’d still hit some good chips.

From what I know, when people get the yips, they are truly a mess.

- John

Note: This thread is 2032 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!