iacas

20 minutes ago, Pretzel said:

I was a little surprised myself, but it appears as though the prongs are separate pieces to the base they attach into. Instead of just casting it all as a single piece they cast it as 4 separate pieces (3 prongs and 1 center hub). The part that failed was the bond holding one of the prongs to the center hub.

Yeah it seems that a single piece design would be substantially more stable. I may get that automatic tool Erik posted but not sure I’d like carrying it around. I know it’s more for greens keepers but when I’m playing alone and it’s open...I hate just leaving all those ball marks on the green. It’s a shame how many people at my course don’t repair their marks. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

18 hours ago, Pretzel said:

Just as an update to my earlier review, my Fusion 2.5 finally broke today after nearly 2.5 years of hard use. One of the side prongs fell out. That said, it lasted quite some time and I did like it enough that I'll probably be buying another one soon enough. It really does work better for getting your mark ironed out flat.

I'm sure you get more use out of it than most, GIR and all that. Actually that's a good testament that you'd buy it again.   

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

• 4 months later...

The Hybrib 2.0 logged another season in 2020.  I did a poor job of cleaning the tool and the sandy greens resulted in it jamming open.  A good cleaning and a bit of lubrication got it back to proper functioning.

Now a story.  I am not a big souvenir collector but on my trip to Scotland in 2013, I got two ball markers from the Old Course, a poker chip and a metal marker.  I used the poker chip a lot for when I was far from the hole.  Eventually the Old Course markings wore off and then one day I lost it.  No problem, the metal one went into action.  Then one day the metal Old Course marker vanished.  I was a bit sad but life and golf goes on.  Then, one day months later, I noticed the ball marker on the PitchFix looked different.  Hmmm ... it was the Old Course marker.  The magnet on the handle is strong.

• Thumbs Up 1

Brian Kuehn

• iacas featured and unfeatured this topic
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/13/2020 at 8:45 AM, bkuehn1952 said:

The Hybrib 2.0 logged another season in 2020.  I did a poor job of cleaning the tool and the sandy greens resulted in it jamming open.  A good cleaning and a bit of lubrication got it back to proper functioning.

Now a story.  I am not a big souvenir collector but on my trip to Scotland in 2013, I got two ball markers from the Old Course, a poker chip and a metal marker.  I used the poker chip a lot for when I was far from the hole.  Eventually the Old Course markings wore off and then one day I lost it.  No problem, the metal one went into action.  Then one day the metal Old Course marker vanished.  I was a bit sad but life and golf goes on.  Then, one day months later, I noticed the ball marker on the PitchFix looked different.  Hmmm ... it was the Old Course marker.  The magnet on the handle is strong.

Sigh.  The spring has apparently broken or became detached.  No more popping it open like a stiletto knife. I still use it as I like having the prongs closed when not in use but opening the pitch mark tool takes a little more time.

Brian Kuehn