IGNORED

Subscribe to Golfer's Journal

iacas

• Administrator

https://www.golfersjournal.com/referral/c247508404

Please consider signing up for Golfers Journal.

No, this won't appeal to most of you. But to those of you whom it will appeal to, I think you'll really enjoy it. I've gotten a sneak peak - and put $275 of my own cash down on the two-year, Founding Subscription (but you can pay as little as $75 for the year).

I think that if you truly love golf, things like this not only help you fall deeper in love, but can show your appreciation for the game - both to the creators of Golfers Journal as well as to other golfers.

P.S. Subscribe with the link above and you get a free extra issue.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to Subscribe to Golfers Journal

looks pretty cool, but...    what is the content like?     

just cool photos?   articles?   what kind of articles?  

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

• Administrator
44 minutes ago, lastings said:

looks pretty cool, but...    what is the content like?     

just cool photos?   articles?   what kind of articles?  

Good articles and massive, beautiful photography.

It’s a very thick magazine. Almost like a coffee table book in the art form sense.

• Upvote 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 minute ago, iacas said:

Good articles and massive, beautiful photography.

It’s a very thick magazine. Almost like a coffee table book in the art form sense.

cool.   I'll give it a shot.  I enjoy that stuff.  

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

• Administrator
Just now, lastings said:

cool.   I'll give it a shot.  I enjoy that stuff.  

Great. The list of contributors is growing fairly quickly.

I’m going to get the $20 single-issue and check it out. The photography part intrigues me, and I’m always looking for things to read while traveling.

- John

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Hardspoon said:

I’m going to get the $20 single-issue and check it out. The photography part intrigues me, and I’m always looking for things to read while traveling.

Did you get the first issue or the second?

It probably makes sense to get the first one, because then if you like it, you can join up and start with the second.

I second @iacas on this magazine. I subscribed to this a couple of months ago - just after the first issue came out. I have the first issue at home, and I've read it cover to cover. The photography is stellar, and I'm not usually into photography that much. The articles are also great. There's a really interesting story about the women that started the LPGA. There's a good one about municipal golf courses that spoke to me as I play a lot of munis. I liked the story about Ballyneal, which is a course near me that I've been fortunate enough to play. Also, there's a story from an Adventures in Golf episode which was really fascinating: they traveled to a course on a British island that was restored as close as it could to the original Old Tom Morris design.

It's an artisan magazine, so to speak. It's much more high brow than Golf Magazine or Golf Digest. I think that's a good thing. It's also much more about the story of golf, which is cool. If you're into this type of stuff, you will love this. And it has some heft, too. Could be a coffee table book. Or it looks really good in a bookcase.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Did you get the first issue or the second?

It probably makes sense to get the first one, because then if you like it, you can join up and start with the second.

I ordered the first issue (that was the only "single issue" option I saw on their site, actually).

I'm excited...I hope it karmically balances out the absolute shittiness that is Golf Digest / Golf Magazine.

- John

On 11/3/2017 at 11:57 PM, Hardspoon said:

I ordered the first issue (that was the only "single issue" option I saw on their site, actually).

I'm excited...I hope it karmically balances out the absolute shittiness that is Golf Digest / Golf Magazine.

That would be a Herculean effort indeed! I haven't subscribe to a golf mag in ages. Somehow the neighbor lady (who does not golf) started getting Golf Magazine this year! She has no idea how, unless it was a gag Christmas gift. Anyway, she knows I golf and gives them to me. At least a dozen contradictory swing ideas in every issue! And they seem to have a thing for trite, clever turns of phrase!

2 minutes ago, Buckeyebowman said:

Somehow the neighbor lady (who does not golf) started getting Golf Magazine this year!

This is OT, but I randomly started getting Golf Magazine this year also. That’s what reminded me how crappy it is.

There is definitely a place in the market for a golf periodical with real substance. I hope this is it.

- John

• Administrator
27 minutes ago, Hardspoon said:

There is definitely a place in the market for a golf periodical with real substance. I hope this is it.

@DeadMan seems to think so. Good.

Way to expensive.  Who needs an expensive magazine these days when we have the similar content free on the internet?   There’s also professional tournament golfers on YouTube that give great instruction and stories and which also beats out an over priced magazine.     

Im all for reading monthly periodicals and such, but not at the ridiculous price listed in the link that was provided.   

Just my .02 cents worth of thoughts.  

• Like 2

I get Golf Digest for next 2 yrs, only because it came with some purchases I made at an online retailer. I only skim through it. The magazine has gone way down in content than in former years when Nicklaus and others had a column. 

This new one, I am sure has merit for many. As far as instruction, seems as if most are just about the same, with twists and repackaged presentation, and there is nothing wrong with that. Persons will gravitate to those that resonate. 

Bottom line....not for me. YMMV

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

• Administrator
4 hours ago, TRACON said:

Way to expensive. Who needs an expensive magazine these days when we have the similar content free on the internet?

We don't have similar content free on the Internet. And even if we did, there's something to be said for having a nice, high-quality printed object that you can pull down from a shelf or off your table at any point to re-read a certain story, look at a certain set of photos, etc.

There’s also professional tournament golfers on YouTube that give great instruction and stories and which also beats out an over priced magazine.

I don't know if you see the irony (or whatever it is) in your posts. I run a website that's free, I give instruction on YouTube, here in articles, etc., and yet I'm suggesting that people take a look at this.

It's not like what's available out there now, and I don't think that the focus is much at all instructional.

I think it's a periodical for people who truly love golf.

Im all for reading monthly periodicals and such, but not at the ridiculous price listed in the link that was provided. 

Well you'd be really disappointed as it's not monthly. It's quarterly.

:-)

6 hours ago, iacas said:

I think it's a periodical for people who truly love golf.

Well you'd be really disappointed as it's not monthly. It's quarterly.

:-)

Only quarterly and at that price?  Wow, you’re right.   Too expen$ive.   Thanks for clarifying.  

• Administrator
36 minutes ago, TRACON said:

Only quarterly and at that price?  Wow, you’re right.   Too expen$ive.   Thanks for clarifying.  

And as I said, I think it's a great value.

You're viewing it, it seems, as a "golf magazine." It's not.