IGNORED

Daylight Saving Time

boogielicious
Note: This thread is 764 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I let my dog out at 6 am every morning. This Sunday she came to my side of the bed at 5 am.
I explained to her we still had another hour, but she just stared at me.
I get the sense that my dog does not grasp the concept of time and daylight savings!

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 11 months later...

Time change Sunday at 2am. That old "fall back" scenario. Don't want to miss your tee time by an hour. 

Worst part for me for the next few months, is the early darkness. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

13 minutes ago, Patch said:

Time change Sunday at 2am. That old "fall back" scenario. Don't want to miss your tee time by an hour. 

Worst part for me for the next few months, is the early darkness. 

Well, you wouldn't miss your time, but you would be an hour early! ;-) 

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I hate this time change. You have to be out by noon to get a full 18 in here, which is annoying. Plus, I prefer the daylight in the evening to the morning. I end up having about a 2 month period that starts in the next couple of weeks where I both go to and leave work in the dark. 

I also can't enjoy the extra hour, because I have a toddler with a body clock that won't change. This time change sucks. We should stay on daylight savings time!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

I need daylight early for work but it sucks when I don't have much time to do anything outside once I get home.

For golf, the change will be good because I can tee off an hour earlier than I've been playing at this past month or so which works better for me and the family.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

You could live in AZ and not put up with the time changes unless you live on the Navajo Nation.  Well except all the TV schedules are keyed from Eastern time so they change.  But tee times are solid all year.

Butch

48 minutes ago, ghalfaire said:

You could live in AZ and not put up with the time changes unless you live on the Navajo Nation.  Well except all the TV schedules are keyed from Eastern time so they change.  But tee times are solid all year.

Once we went to the North Rim.  After we checked in at  Jacob's Lake, we went to the restaurant for dinner.  They said the cook had not gotten there. As I began to fluster they said "Sir, it's 430!". I swear I could hear them saying, "You hick hillbilly!" as I walked away. So I've been careful in Arizona ever since.-Marv

DRIVER: Cleveland 588 Altitude ( Matrix Radix Sv Graphite, A) IRONS: Mizuno JPX-800 HD Irons & 3,4,5 JPX Fli-Hi (Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue Graphite, R); WEDGES: (Carried as needed) Artisan Golf 46, 50, 53, 56 low bounce, 56 high bounce; PUTTER: Mizuno TP Mills 9

AZ and HI do not observe daylight saving time.  Lucky for them.  I don't like having dark when I go to work and dark when I get off the work.  With daylight saving time, at least it is light when I get off the work.

I agree with @DeadMan we should stay on daylight saving time.

On a related topic, I think it is "daylight saving time" not "daylight savings time," i.e., no "s".

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

• Administrator

I drove my wife and kid to school on Friday at 7:15… and it was very very dark, still.

I too like the evening having more sun, but I can see the point of not having schoolchildren waiting for the bus in the pitch darkness, etc.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• iacas changed the title to Fall Time Change
16 minutes ago, Yukari said:

On a related topic, I think it is "daylight saving time" not "daylight savings time," i.e., no "s".

Yes, it is. One of the common misconceptions along with DSL being the hours that people tend to want, yet they complain about DSL because they don't know the difference between it and standard time.

13 minutes ago, iacas said:

I drove my wife and kid to school on Friday at 7:15… and it was very very dark, still.

I too like the evening having more sun, but I can see the point of not having schoolchildren waiting for the bus in the pitch darkness, etc.

Yea, you're farther west than I am. At 7:15 I can see well enough to tee off and play golf.

I think the whole point of it was to conserve energy, but we've changed as a society since then and there are mixed reports on the actual energy savings. Some people like it and others don't, which ultimately means it's probably never going away in this country (like imperial units).

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/does-daylight-saving-times-save-energy/

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I hate "Fall back." I need daylight in the evening to actually do stuff; golf, running. Now I'll only be able to run on weekends or on a treadmill.... and golf on weekend only unless I take a half-day (which I wouldn't do considering conditions aren't "ripe" on golf courses this time of year).

6 more months...

D: :tmade: R1 Stiff @ 10* 3W: :tmade: AeroBurner TP 15* 2H: :adams: Super 9031 18* 3-SW: :tmade: R9 Stiff P: :titleist: :scotty_cameron: Futura X7M 35"

Ball: Whatever. Something soft. Kirklands Signature are pretty schweeeet at the moment!

Bag: :sunmountain: C130 Cart Bag Push Cart: :sunmountain: Micro Cart Sport

19 hours ago, DeadMan said:

I also can't enjoy the extra hour, because I have a toddler with a body clock that won't change. This time change sucks. We should stay on daylight savings time!

But there is no "extra" hour! There is only the length of daylight that there is. We just change our clocks. This reminds me of a story that is probably apocryphal. Apocryphal meaning, "if it's not true, it oughta be!"

Supposedly when "Daylight Saving Time" was going to go into effect, an official from the Bureau of Indian Affairs was sent out to explain it to the various tribes, and he kept talking about this "extra" hour. This, supposedly, prompted one tribal elder to say, "Only a white man could cut the bottom off a blanket, sew it to the top, and think he had a bigger blanket!"

9 hours ago, dennyjones said:

When I was working the time change sucked.   I, like @DeadMan, like the daylight after work.   

Just get your workplace to adjust their shifts an hour earlier! Problem solved!

20 minutes ago, Buckeyebowman said:

Just get your workplace to adjust their shifts an hour earlier! Problem solved!

Oh only if it was that easy....

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Sometimes I think it would be better if we were one time zone further east but didn't do DSL, which would basically make the whole year DSL.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

12 hours ago, jamo said:

Sometimes I think it would be better if we were one time zone further east but didn't do DSL, which would basically make the whole year DSL.

I think New England should be an hour earlier than the Eastern Time Zone. Cinncinati sunrise is almost 50 minutes later than Boston.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

I think New England should be an hour earlier than the Eastern Time Zone. Cinncinati sunrise is almost 50 minutes later than Boston.

That's how one-hour time zones work, Scott. :-P

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 764 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!