Sign in to follow this  
ram22592

The Sand Trap vs. GolfWRX

Note: This thread is 4499 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

37 posts / 37162 viewsLast Reply

I have been a member of this forum for a while now, but have just recently started getting into it. However, I am very big into tour player, club info and photos, and have noticed every time I search for prototypes or future product lines on Google, GolfWRX comes up with photos. I just joined GolfWRX earlier this evening, and am still waiting to be "approved" so I will have posting and searching privileges.

I think I will still use this forum a lot, but with my focus more on the "what's in the bag" and other tour talk GolfWRX seems like it would be more enlightening.

How many of you use GolfWRX?

Thanks

I use Golfwrx and Bomb Squad Golf. (BSG) Golf wrx seems a more civil forum and Bomb Squad is hustling tour equipment for low handicappers. IMO (also, lurk more than post, I 'm looking for input not worrying about putting my opinion on anyone else.) Of course, I have just done that but I just answered ur poll question.

I use Sand Trap and Shot Talk. I'm not a fan of huge forums - I feel as if I need to bump my thread three times a day lest it fall into obscurity, five pages back.

I use Golf Rewind for small topics, sand trap for polls and things, and GolfWRX for the latest info, and input on clubs, its a very active website.

The only down point of this forum is the lack of posts, WRX seems to be a lot more active, although I prefer this forum :).

I really like the sandtrap, mainly because I have been a member for several years on another forum that also uses vBulletin.

I guess I just got used to the format and function of the vBulletin DB's.

I do like some other large DB's for the content, but prefer the ones powered by vBulletin after spending so many years with it.

I hate golf wrx--if you say something that "they" dont agree with they kick you out. The SAnd Trap is the best forum in golf bar none in my opinion

The Sand Trap has a much easier volume of postings to keep up with. GolfWRX has been driving me nuts recently with so many near identical 'I'm this handicap, can I play these irons?' threads. In both cases it would be better if newbies were better at searching before starting new threads on already covered topics.

The Sand Trap has a much easier volume of postings to keep up with. GolfWRX has been driving me nuts recently with so many near identical 'I'm this handicap, can I play these irons?' threads.

Amen. I enjoy GolfWRX but rarely post on it. I prefer the general tone here. "Friendlier" isn't really the right word, but it's something like that. Also, GolfWRX's interface makes my eyes bleed. I find it impossible to spend more than 20 or so minutes over there.

Uhm, I prefer this one. Go figure.

BTW, this forum is smaller than GolfWRX on purpose. I'd kick people out and limit post counts if we ever became as busy as GolfWRX's forum.

Also, GolfWRX is a Sand Trap partner. Our articles are automatically posted there, in fact.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The setup of Sand Trap is far superior to WRX, but Golf WRX is much more active and is second to none in posts.

Note: This thread is 4499 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!