IGNORED

SoCal Gatherings December, January

tehuti

Note: This thread is 1344 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

Why'd you write that last part so small? ;)  That makes plenty of sense.  Those who can get together on the 9th, keep planning, and lets also try and find a date for another outing in January.:beer:

I wrote it small so it would not detract from December 9th. :-D

According to a PM, Michael might not really be free until early February for an outing? This could also put 2 months between our outings so people can "rest" a bit and have some time to plan?

My daughter and wife might have stuff for me to do on some weekends, but generally I'm free. My issue is with budget paying for effectively 2 colleges or more. So, budget friendly courses are more my preference.

Okay, so how about El Dorado on the 9th for at least a few people? I might go anyway, just because I've been wanting to try it with my "new game"? I'd be up for Mile Square too.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

El Dorado is my home course. So I'm biased, but I think it's a great track for an outing. But December is shot for me. I'll be up in Northern California on a family trip the weekend of the 9th. The following weekend will be our men's club Xmas tournament (at El Dorado, no less). Then we are traveling to Chicago for the holidays. I'm sorry I won't be around to host you guys. But if it doesn't end up happening and you want to push an El Do outing into next year, I would be glad to coordinate.

1 hour ago, Big C said:

El Dorado is my home course. So I'm biased, but I think it's a great track for an outing. But December is shot for me. I'll be up in Northern California on a family trip the weekend of the 9th. The following weekend will be our men's club Xmas tournament (at El Dorado, no less). Then we are traveling to Chicago for the holidays. I'm sorry I won't be around to host you guys. But if it doesn't end up happening and you want to push an El Do outing into next year, I would be glad to coordinate.

Cool, I'd vote to do El Dorado when you can host it. Thanks!

December 9th at Mile Square? or possibly Rancho San Joaquin? https://www.ranchosanjoaquin.com/golf-tee-times

Or up in the LA basin somewhere?

Edited by Lihu

On 11/29/2017 at 8:01 AM, Lihu said:

***We could have a couple outings, one this month and another one early February at Coronado Bay so more people can join?

February at Coronado Bay ... a friend of mine in Coronado keeps telling me to come visit him.  Another friend lives nearby and just had a kid and I haven't seen them in a while either.  I might make a weekend of it.

23 hours ago, Lihu said:

According to a PM, Michael might not really be free until early February for an outing? This could also put 2 months between our outings so people can "rest" a bit and have some time to plan?

Yeah, things like the start of a semester are tough for me, no matter how much pre-preparation I've done.

21 minutes ago, Shindig said:

February at Coronado Bay ... a friend of mine in Coronado keeps telling me to come visit him.  Another friend lives nearby and just had a kid and I haven't seen them in a while either.  I might make a weekend of it.

Maybe December 9th isn't going to happen?

How about this for a proposal. . . El Dorado in January and Coronado in February?

47 minutes ago, Lihu said:

Cool! 

Now who else is going to go?

Is there a way to "reply all" so the So Cal group?

Tagging again?

As long as February event doesn't overlap the L.A. Open (or the Super Bowl, I guess), I should be able to make it.

January depends, but as before, don't plan around me for it if others can make it.

1 hour ago, mvmac said:

28 minutes ago, Hacker James said:

me too, depending on actual date

The idea is to get everyone together, so schedule is dependent upon the participants.

@Golfingdad

@tristanhilton85

@Shindig

@spider

@bones75

@islavistan

@Hacker James

@Patch 

@gregsandiego

@Hategolf

@Bechambo

@Big C

@Pakoh

@bmartin461

@tehuti

@GolfSwine

@jefkve

@No Mulligans

sounds good.  I sometimes forget to check the "club", so if and when a date is decided, if you remember, you might give me a reminder by PM or post on regular forum to wake me up.  I will try to keep myself current however, not withstanding I have a severe case of C.R.S. 

• tehuti locked this topic
Note: This thread is 1344 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!