tehuti

SoCal Gatherings December, January

58 posts in this topic Last Reply

I renamed it to "late 2017." You just create a new topic for each get-together.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm in!

I don't have such a busy schedule any more with one kid in college and one who's involved in every possible activity at her school. However, I'm pretty budget conscious for the next 5 years. Please make it someplace affordable or perhaps in the afternoon for twilight rates?

I'm still not 100% sure how "clubs" work on here so I'm just going to put a bunch of tags here of people that might be interested:  @Lihu, please add the ones you think of that I miss.

@Big C, @jefkve, @Bechambo, @No Mulligans, @Pakoh, @GolfSwine, @chilepepper, @Hategolf, @gregsandiego, @spider, @Patch

@mvmac, @tristanhilton85, @bmartin461, @Shindig@Hacker James

Edited by Golfingdad

I am pretty much available anytime. My daughter also if on a weekend. She lives in San Clemente, I live in Escondido. Thanks @Golfingdad for the "players" list. 

Hi, I'm in south orange county and play Mile Square most often and Tustin Ranch occasionally.  I usually only play very early on the weekends, but get occasional weekday rounds in.  I'm planning on playing monday 11/27 at Tustin Ranch around 7/7:30 if any of you would like to play.  I have the membership there so could get you a little guest discount.  

I will be unavailable from November 17 through November 30 (house sitting for daughter while she is in Cabo)

I am limited to Saturdays and Sundays (working stiff) and I play on the North OC munis Like Dad Miller, Fullerton, Mile Square Park and Brea Creek 9. I am a member of Dad Miller, but I have only been there a couple of times, so that’s always an option.

@tehutiI will probably be back at Mile Square early December.  I'll keep in touch and we can try and meet up.  There are two of us that play pretty regularly there and we have a rotation of players that fill in on occasion.  

5 hours ago, islavistan said:

Hi, I'm in south orange county and play Mile Square most often and Tustin Ranch occasionally.  I usually only play very early on the weekends, but get occasional weekday rounds in.  I'm planning on playing monday 11/27 at Tustin Ranch around 7/7:30 if any of you would like to play.  I have the membership there so could get you a little guest discount.  

Cool!  MS is one of my go-tos as well (Tijeras Creek is my home course though)

Incidentally, the very first TST SoCal outing we ever did, which was around the fall of 2012 I think (??) was at Mile Square.

Sounds good to me. I'm good going to Mile Square again or searching for somewhere new. The desert would be fun. 

I just played Coronado in a tournament and it's a good, fun layout, the fairways and greens are in great shape. Only problem is it would be a ways away for everyone.

http://www.golfcoronado.com/

6 hours ago, mvmac said:

Sounds good to me. I'm good going to Mile Square again or searching for somewhere new. The desert would be fun. 

I just played Coronado in a tournament and it's a good, fun layout, the fairways and greens are in great shape. Only problem is it would be a ways away for everyone.

http://www.golfcoronado.com/

Yeah I think this is a logistical nightmare. One idea would be to divide up SoCal into a few regions and have a few meets. You could attend all if you want or just one. Something like North, Central South.

8 hours ago, Lihu said:

Mile Square after 1:00pm sounds good to me. $28/person twilight?

1 seems late to tee off, especially on a weekend, I don't know if we can finish in 4 hours.

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...