tehuti

SoCal Gatherings December, January

58 posts in this topic Last Reply

I try and play early so I can get half the round done before the kids are even awake.  I can play a twilight once in a while, but I find those rounds play a little slow for my taste.  I enjoy the 3 and half hour dawn patrol pace.

10 hours ago, Lihu said:

Mile Square after 1:00pm sounds good to me. $28/person twilight?

Yeah, that's a bit late for an outing, we don't want to risk not finishing.

10 hours ago, gregsandiego said:

Yeah I think this is a logistical nightmare. One idea would be to divide up SoCal into a few regions and have a few meets. You could attend all if you want or just one. Something like North, Central South.

This is why we usually end up sort of central to the group that is coming.  More often than not, because we have guys from Pasadena, south OC, San Diego and Palm Desert, this ends up being in the Inland Empire area.

And because we have guys who are driving a bit, this is why, @islavistan, we wouldn't be teeing off too early or late.  Nobody likes slow rounds, but for many of us, its worth it a couple of times a year to meet up with a few fellow TSTers. :)

Also, adding @jamo for this one. :-P

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

8 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

Yeah, that's a bit late for an outing, we don't want to risk not finishing.

This is why we usually end up sort of central to the group that is coming.  More often than not, because we have guys from Pasadena, south OC, San Diego and Palm Desert, this ends up being in the Inland Empire area.

And because we have guys who are driving a bit, this is why, @islavistan, we wouldn't be teeing off too early or late.  Nobody likes slow rounds, but for many of us, its worth it a couple of times a year to meet up with a few fellow TSTers. :)

@Golfingdad didn't know how often these happen.  if it's a couple times a year, definitely something I can pull off.

20 hours ago, mvmac said:

Sounds good to me. I'm good going to Mile Square again or searching for somewhere new. The desert would be fun. 

I just played Coronado in a tournament and it's a good, fun layout, the fairways and greens are in great shape. Only problem is it would be a ways away for everyone.

http://www.golfcoronado.com/

I owe a friend a visit in Coronado.  I might be the farthest from Coronado and I'm fine making the trip.  But I'm fine just about anywhere.

3 hours ago, Golfingdad said:

Is he going to be in So Cal?

On 11/14/2017 at 1:51 PM, Golfingdad said:

I'm still not 100% sure how "clubs" work on here so I'm just going to put a bunch of tags here of people that might be interested:  @Lihu, please add the ones you think of that I miss.

@Big C, @jefkve, @Bechambo, @No Mulligans, @Pakoh, @GolfSwine, @chilepepper, @Hategolf, @gregsandiego, @spider, @Patch

@mvmac, @tristanhilton85, @bmartin461, @Shindig@Hacker James

@No Mulligans, and @bones75 are two more I can think of off the top of my head. . .

Especially if we go to San Diego. . .

5 hours ago, islavistan said:

@Golfingdad didn't know how often these happen.  if it's a couple times a year, definitely something I can pull off.

Not as often as we’d like.  At our best a couple of years ago, we were doing them quarterly, but more recently it’s been more like once a year or so.

1 hour ago, Shindig said:

I owe a friend a visit in Coronado.  I might be the farthest from Coronado and I'm fine making the trip.  But I'm fine just about anywhere.

Is he going to be in So Cal?

I love Coronado and would make that trip too.

He might be, so on that slim chance, figured I’d clue him in.

On 11/15/2017 at 8:07 PM, Lihu said:

@No Mulligans, and @bones75 are two more I can think of off the top of my head. . .

Especially if we go to San Diego. . .

Like to add @4right, and @agoodmanmbk, who are also So. Cal residents. We should grow this list. I can probably even stay a bit longer if no near the holidays.

This could be really fun!

Would love to participate.  Have a challenging schedule w family, so prob could only do S.D. unless I happen to be up in la/oc at the time.

just noticed a few new posts in this thread.  I had forgotten the "club" was formed and unless I just did not see it, no mention in the main forum.  While I like the idea of the "club" forum, I can also see a lot  missed for the occasional visitor. 

Hey everyone, I might be going back to San Diego for work this up coming week on one of the days. I'm thinking early morning somewhere but need to be at work around 11:00 or so. I should be able to get in 3.5 to 4 hours. That Vinyard estates sounds good because I can get a good rate with my amped up Players Club card.

8 hours ago, Hacker James said:

just noticed a few new posts in this thread.  I had forgotten the "club" was formed and unless I just did not see it, no mention in the main forum.  While I like the idea of the "club" forum, I can also see a lot  missed for the occasional visitor. 

I joined recently and didn’t see too many SoCal specific posts. So I created the club to get the ball rolling. Still trying to figure out how it works myself. But welcome to the club!

Quite a few folks have joined and then invited others. So it’s growing.

1 hour ago, tehuti said:

I joined recently and didn’t see too many SoCal specific posts. So I created the club to get the ball rolling. Still trying to figure out how it works myself. But welcome to the club!

Quite a few folks have joined and then invited others. So it’s growing.

well, good luck with getting this group to commit. We have had not a lot of participation last two times out, but no matter, even a foursome is great.  So far mostly from Orange County or out of state even. We did have one more from San Diego County last time (thanks, Mario). 

Edited by Hacker James

48 minutes ago, iacas said:

Someone pick a date.

Or, since nobody has, I will: December 9th.

I can't make it December 9, but if others can, I encourage everyone to go without me rather than waiting for me.  

9th is kind of iffy for me as far as location is concerned, if I'm in San Diego for work then I can make down there. If I'm up here I'll likely not like driving down twice.

However, that being said. I've been wanting to play Dana's home course. El Dorado Park is a relatively nice course in Long Beach and voted one of the best 100 courses by "Golf Link".

Edited by Lihu

On 11/26/2017 at 5:21 PM, Lihu said:

9th is kind of iffy for me as far as location is concerned, if I'm in San Diego for work then I can make down there. If I'm up here I'll likely not like driving down twice.

However, that being said. I've been wanting to play Dana's home course. El Dorado Park is a relatively nice course in Long Beach and voted one of the best 100 courses by "Golf Link".

Hey, guys, I'm free to go anywhere in the LA/OC area these next two weeks.

Anyone for El Dorado Park on December 9th***?

***We could have a couple outings, one this month and another one early February at Coronado Bay so more people can join?

Edited by Lihu

1 hour ago, Lihu said:

Hey, guys, I'm free to go anywhere in the LA/OC area these next two weeks.

Anyone for El Dorado Park on December 9th***?

***We could have a couple outings, one this month and another one early February at Coronado Bay so more people can join?

Why'd you write that last part so small? ;)  That makes plenty of sense.  Those who can get together on the 9th, keep planning, and lets also try and find a date for another outing in January.:beer:

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...