56 members have voted

1. 1. How long is your golf commute?

• 0-10mins
    • 11-20mins
    • 21-30mins
    • 31-40mins
    • 41++mins

57 posts / 3714 viewsLast Reply

I recently found out I got a job in Saskatoon, so next year I will be seeking a new course to be a member of, and it got me thinking of commute times  One of the most underrated things to increase happiness is how much time one spends commuting to work or leisure. My current commute was about 20mins which never bugged me.

I figure with my new course selection, I dont see myself considering anything more than maybe 20-25 mins. Just wondering what the majority of people here deal with. Maybe even comment what your maximum would be for your regularly-played course(s)?

FWIW, I figure I might be getting a membership at Dakota Dunes, which depending on my location in the new city, might be 20-30 mins.

Edited by cutchemist42

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

My league course is only 10 minutes away.  I have about 7-8 courses to choose from within 30 minutes.  And a whole bunch within 45-60 minutes.

Less than 10 minutes to the 4 places I frequent. 30 minutes gives me options for another 8 or 9 courses within my budget.

My home course is a mere ten minute drive.  There are two other courses in the same time frame, and four more in a half hour span.  

I live in a fairly rural area in SE Wisconsin and have three courses less than a 20 minute drive. One coarse is actually a great course, the other two are nice, but full of butchers.

Very fortunate, here.  My home club is 0.75mi south of my house, and the UofA course is 1.25mi north of my house.  Both are exceptional courses in pristine shape, so I'm spoiled, though I pretty much stick to my club these days, as I can pop in the car and be there in 2 minutes max, with nice practice facilities, etc.

My home course is 15-20 minutes and plenty of other choices from 15-40 minutes.

I dont have a home course, but there are 15+ courses within a 30 minute radius of my house of varying price points and difficulty levels from a local muni 9 hole course to some very nice semi-private courses as well. It really allows my and my buddies to golf a lot and a variety of courses without repeating ones, and only repeating the ones that we really like.

I've been looking into some of the courses at membership options, however I think that will be out of my budget until I get my student loans paid off.

I have considered a driving range only membership at one of the courses that has covered and heated bays so might get that for next season.

Edited by klineka

Growing up my club was about 5 minutes away. When I moved out I joined another club that was 15-20 minutes away and my god that felt like a chore! Then I moved to NYC and my shortest commute was an hour each way. I dealt with it. Now I'm about 15 minutes away from my most regularly played course and I'm fine with that. I'd go up to 40 minutes at a stretch if it was a good course (I mean for my home club - I'd drive several hours to play some places).

One good way of thinking of it that someone once mentioned is how annoyed would you be if you got to the club and realized you'd left your clubs at home? 5 minutes each way and it's not that big of a deal. 40 minutes each way and you'd be pretty livid with yourself. 

I play out of county so I'm about 25 minutes away from all the courses I play, with one being about 40 minutes away. That's as far away as I'd want to be from a course I play regularly.

The home courses are about 20 minutes away from both home and work. It's some distance, but its on the way.

When I'm staying in Troy for the day, I often play a course that is about 5 minutes away.

Just over 30 minutes.

Is the course that I was a junior member at in my local village.  Have since moved into the city but remained a member, hence the commute.  Plenty municipal options closer to the city if I have less time though

I have 10 courses within 20 - 30 mins from my house.  Not bad.  Enough time to sip my coffee and get in the golfing mode.

With my son having more interest now I will be looking to join somewhere especially if he really is interested in playing High School Golf. 

My course is four miles away, so about 8 to 15 minutes depending on traffic.

One good thing: it's right along the way to work, so if I practice inbound or after work, it's less than a mile from the highway exit I use.