IGNORED

2017 Hero World Challenge Discussion Thread

colin007
Note: This thread is 2306 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

4 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Agree. He looked right at it and stomped it down. Villegas got DQ'd four or five years ago for the same thing and he looked like he was just mad from chunking the shot. The rule changed since then, but Hideki should have been penalized.

With the rule as-is, I appreciate the dilemma that the official is in.  You ask him if he intended and he says no, what can you really do without basically saying “I don’t believe you, you’re a liar and a cheat?”  So I get why they’d accept his denial.

But in rewatching the video, it’s really, really hard to accept his excuse that he didn’t even know where he was stepping.  Really, really hard. (For the record, I’m a big Hideki fan)

Edited by Golfingdad

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

For those who haven't seen the video:

That is pretty bad. Not a huge fan of his "intent" getting him out of a penalty there. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

10 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

But in rewatching the video, it’s really, really hard to accept his excuse that he didn’t even know where he was stepping.  Really, really hard. 

Yupp, like really, really (liar ..cough), really (cheat..cough) hard.. SMH.

• Like 1

Vishal S.

Yea, I hate the intent BS. 

If you do that you should get penalized intent or not. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Jeez, that was a beast 3-wood he just hit over the green. Like 275 carry?

Aaaaaand he flubs a pitch... Short game clearly most important part of the game :-P

Constantine

1 hour ago, DeadMan said:

For those who haven't seen the video:

That is pretty bad. Not a huge fan of his "intent" getting him out of a penalty there. 

That's rough for Hideki for sure.  He eyes the ball and sees where it's rolling, then stomps the damage, then looks at the ball again.  He's either OCD, or glitched and made a penalty worthy error.

I think if the ball would have ended up rolling closer to the damaged area, they'd have probably pushed him a bit harder for sure.  But then maybe he'd also have called himself on it in that scenario....impossible to know now, it's too late.

Frankly, if the ball rolls into or through an area like this it should be a penalty intended or not.....

Lesson here?  don't do your cleanup until the ball totally stops.

I remain grateful to players that rake sand and fix divots and step down scuffs.

Bill - 

52 minutes ago, JetFan1983 said:

Jeez, that was a beast 3-wood he just hit over the green. Like 275 carry?

Aaaaaand he flubs a pitch... Short game clearly most important part of the game :-P

Eh, it was a really difficult shot, he didn't really flub it, but he missed his landing spot by a bit.

I'm more worried about these short wedges that he's blasting by.

Colin P.

2 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Eh, it was a really difficult shot, he didn't really flub it, but he missed his landing spot by a bit.

I'm more worried about these short wedges that he's blasting by.

Ugh, such a Tiger apologist... so unobjective (hehehe). Ugh, Tiger fans....:-D

Yea, right up against the collar... I probably would've chipped a 3-wood but I suck, and would defer to him on that decision haha. 

+3 right now still... I guess this is gonna be his "bad" day. 

10 minutes ago, rehmwa said:

That's rough for Hideki for sure.  He eyes the ball and sees where it's rolling, then stomps the damage, then looks at the ball again.  He's either OCD, or glitched and made a penalty worthy error.

I think if the ball would have ended up rolling closer to the damaged area, they'd have probably pushed him a bit harder for sure.  But then maybe he'd also have called himself on it in that scenario....impossible to know now, it's too late.

Frankly, if the ball rolls into or through an area like this it should be a penalty intended or not.....

Lesson here?  don't do your cleanup until the ball totally stops.

I remain grateful to players that rake sand and fix divots and step down scuffs.

Yea, I think it's just being OCD... if I hit a million balls a day, I might just do something like that without thinking. Not to make excuses, but it wouldn't shock me if he really just brain farted there. 

Still, I would've taken the penalty. Why have something hang over your head? It's not like a Hero win counts towards your total PGA tour wins anyway. 

• Like 1

Constantine

Welp, course not taking it laying down today.. 

43 minutes ago, JetFan1983 said:

Still, I would've taken the penalty. Why have something hang over your head? It's not like a Hero win counts towards your total PGA tour wins anyway. 

That's the telling part. Anybody can brain fart but fella doubled down and perpetuated the lie. Turdy.

Vishal S.

+5???  That took the wind out of my expectation.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

5 bogeys and no birdies through 12 holes.  Looks like the lack of reps and time around the green has finally caught up to Tiger.  Assuming he stays healthy he will get a lot better for sure and can even contend at a major but he is not there yet.

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

13 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

Welp, course not taking it laying down today.. 

Yea. Rose is low man on the day at 2-under only. Ernie said it would play tough if there was some wind. 

3/12 GIR for Tiger. Oof. Partly his fault as well obviously, but yea. Tough conditions. 

18 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

That's the telling part. Anybody can brain fart but fella doubled down and perpetuated the lie. Turdy.

Yea pretty weak. His manager should've told him that wasn't cool, just from a branding stand point. 

Constantine

19 minutes ago, JetFan1983 said:

3/12 GIR for Tiger. Oof. 

That's just slow down in forward progress. Still net forward. 

I am not die hard to the level of @colin007 but still hard to stop smiling from everything we've seen so far.

Vishal S.

30 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

I am not die hard to the level of @colin007 but still hard to stop smiling from everything we've seen so far.

Yea, few are on that elite level Colin is at. Definitely a higher plane of Tiger zen, if you will :-D

+3 now with one to go. With the low round now only 1-under (Molinari, Rose, Reed), his play doesn't seem so bad anymore. 

Agree, I think everyone who wants to see Tiger back and playing well should be encouraged right now.

Edit: My fault. Berger shot 2-under today, but he's totally out of it. 

Edited by JetFan1983

Constantine

1 hour ago, pganapathy said:

5 bogeys and no birdies through 12 holes.  Looks like the lack of reps and time around the green has finally caught up to Tiger.  Assuming he stays healthy he will get a lot better for sure and can even contend at a major but he is not there yet.

The guy has been practicing and playing a lot according to him. Not in tournaments but he has had plenty of reps. The question still remains are his yips gone or were they technique?

Trollin' is the life

I just hope he really fires a good round tomorrow. Still made some birdies which is good. I had to jump around with all the spectacular NCAA FOOTBALL going on! Great Saturday! 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Note: This thread is 2306 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!