IGNORED

2017 Hero World Challenge Discussion Thread

colin007
Note: This thread is 2334 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

11 hours ago, Dave Saari said:

Tiger looked good, especially considering how long he's been out of action. Spieth, my current favorite, put on a mini-charge at the end of the first round. How exciting would it be if both Tiger and Jordan would be in contention on Sunday? With a field of only 18, I know it's not that hard to be in contention, but still ... when was the last time we were so excited about a golf tournament in December? Looking forward to the weekend.

I forgot about Spieth...:P

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Great drive on 3 too. Although I'm struggling to get my head round 180mph ball speed and only 279 carry. 180mph ball speed should be well north of 300 carry I would think. I guess it's windy, but it doesn't look that windy to my eye.

Good grief, Daniel Berger is stinking it up!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, Ty_Webb said:

Great drive on 3 too. Although I'm struggling to get my head round 180mph ball speed and only 279 carry. 180mph ball speed should be well north of 300 carry I would think. I guess it's windy, but it doesn't look that windy to my eye.

It's pretty windy. The flags on the range are blowing, the bushes and trees are blowing…

-2 through 3. Hit two putts 8-10 feet past though. :-P

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

20 minutes ago, Ty_Webb said:

Just watched that swing, you're right, it seems like it should've been much longer

Colin P.

• Administrator

@colin007, you need to change your pants yet today?

T1.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 minutes ago, iacas said:

@colin007, you need to change your pants yet today?

T1.

Honestly, I could do arms-free pushups right now, if ya know what I mean.... :banana:

3 minutes ago, Ty_Webb said:

Just stuffed it on 4 too.

@iacas why do you think he keeps hitting his putts so hard? Do you think that he's chasing it? Or just rust? Something else?

I think he's always been an aggressive putter, not afraid of five footers coming back. Although today he's doubled that lol....

• Upvote 1

Colin P.

21 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Omg the lagging stream from Golf Channel mobile app is going to make me murder every single orphan in the country.

I'm streaming it at work and it's laggy also.  Lots of pauses, like just as he was stroking that missed birdie putt on the 5th.

25 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Omg the lagging stream from Golf Channel mobile app is going to make me murder every single orphan in the country.

It's driving me batty - it's a good thing my mood is good from how well he's playing

5 minutes ago, Ty_Webb said:

It's driving me batty - it's a good thing my mood is good from how well he's playing

8 minutes ago, Eric C said:

I'm streaming it at work and it's laggy also.  Lots of pauses, like just as he was stroking that missed birdie putt on the 5th.

Yeah my rage meter is pegged right now....

Colin P.

• Administrator
30 minutes ago, Ty_Webb said:

Just stuffed it on 4 too.

@iacas why do you think he keeps hitting his putts so hard? Do you think that he's chasing it? Or just rust? Something else?

I think he knows the full swing is how you truly score, and hasn't put a lot of time into putting or his short game lately. Remember, six weeks ago, that was all he could do, too, so he probably got bored with it, and has spent a lot of time on his full swing lately.

So, his tempo, pace, touch, etc. is just a wee bit off.

Note: This thread is 2334 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!