IGNORED

2017 Hero World Challenge Discussion Thread

colin007
Note: This thread is 2334 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
59 minutes ago, Seals said:

What comment? There was no white house comment. 

Your original post read:

I hope so to. Not sure what your comment about the white house has to do with it? One is a golfer, and the other is a leader of a country. 

:-( The site keeps an edit history, you know…

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 02/12/2017 at 2:07 PM, GolfLug said:

That's the telling part. Anybody can brain fart but fella doubled down and perpetuated the lie. Turdy.

agree with this

18 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

So Tiger scores better than 8 players, and 8 players score better than Tiger ....

I think this is great and nicely derails the odd question.

Frankly, the scores were a pretty good disty - a couple (2) real high outliers, a couple (7) real low outliers, and then the cluster in the middle.  Too bad about that bogie on 18, though, that'll bug him.  It's a shame I only DVR'd the network broadcast and not the GC earlier one - missed Ricky's run by the time it came on.

Edited by rehmwa

Bill - 

It looked like he was still playing Nike Wedges.  I was able to freeze frame on an iron and all it said was Tiger on it.  Had the average blade look to it.  Wonder if it was Miura?  Mizuno?  That combo spoken of earlier?  " TGR irons "

Fowler tore it up on the front and did great on the back.  One of the best rounds I have ever seen on TV!

Driver: :callaway: Diablo
Woods: :callaway: Big Bertha 2 & 4
Irons: Miura MC 102's 3 - PW & Mizuno MP 67's 3 - W
Wedges: :mizuno: MP-R12 52* & 58*
Putters: :ping: WRX Ti4

3 hours ago, rehmwa said:

agree with this

I think this is great and nicely derails the odd question.

Frankly, the scores were a pretty good disty - a couple (2) real high outliers, a couple (7) real low outliers, and then the cluster in the middle.  Too bad about that bogie on 18, though, that'll bug him.  It's a shame I only DVR'd the network broadcast and not the GC earlier one - missed Ricky's run by the time it came on.

The PGA Tour Facebook page has a video compilation of Fowler's entire round (at least the shots that went out on broadcast), so you can see a lot of the shots there. It was really quite impressive.

2 hours ago, Vinny Cap said:

It looked like he was still playing Nike Wedges.  I was able to freeze frame on an iron and all it said was Tiger on it.  Had the average blade look to it.  Wonder if it was Miura?  Mizuno?  That combo spoken of earlier?  " TGR irons "

Fowler tore it up on the front and did great on the back.  One of the best rounds I have ever seen on TV!

For this week, Woods will use TaylorMade's M2 (2016 driver and 2017 3-wood) and M1 (5-wood) woods, along with a Tour Preferred UDI driving iron. Woods was also spotted with a traditional 3-iron in the bag on Monday, so it's possible he's still determining if he'll go with a driving iron or traditional long iron at Albany. 

Woods' prototype irons are reportedly a set of Nike blanks with his "TGR" logo stamped on the muscle pad. The head shape appears to be nearly identical to the VR Pro Blade model he used for a portion of his time with the Swoosh.

Rounding out Woods' bag is a pair of Nike VR Pro Forged wedges (56 and 60 degrees and a Scotty Cameron Newport 2 GSS putter. Woods' ball of choice is Bridgestone's Tour B XS. 

https://www.pgatour.com/equipmentreport/2017/11/28/tiger-woods-golf-equipment-setup-hero-world-challenge.html

Edited by Zeph
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Thanks Zeph!!  :beer:

Driver: :callaway: Diablo
Woods: :callaway: Big Bertha 2 & 4
Irons: Miura MC 102's 3 - PW & Mizuno MP 67's 3 - W
Wedges: :mizuno: MP-R12 52* & 58*
Putters: :ping: WRX Ti4

Note: This thread is 2334 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!