IGNORED

Square Strike Wedge

iacas
Note: This thread is 2254 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Just saw this infomercial for a chipper on Golf Channel. @David in FL will be happy. :-)

http://squarestrikevideo.com/ redirects you to https://www.squarestrikewedge.com.

I love some of these infomercial-type sites:

Screen%20Shot%202017-11-23%20at%203.46.0

C'mon… why is the guy swinging his wedge back like that? And how is the thing on the right possible? It's not, and that club is more than "barely leaves the ground." :-P

At least it's "purpose built." It has a rounded bottom edge, a relatively square face without being super thin like a putter-like "chipper," and has a more upright shaft.

If you do want to use a chipper, this may be one of the better ones available.

You know, if you've just given up on life, and all… ;-)

square-strike.png

P.S. No, no referral links or bonuses or anything for me. Just saw the infomercial and thought of David. And at least this chipper is built with the right functionality. And because the site is amusing. Yeah, I really care about "Boy Brainerd". :-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ha! I honestly can't think of a chipper anymore without thinking about @David in FL. He will forever be linked with it in my mind even though he doesn't actually carry one. 

This is my favorite part:

ssw3-Just-Use-Your-Putting-Stroke-1.jpg

Set Up & Swing It Like Your Putter. If you can putt, you can save strokes fast with the all-new Square Strike Wedge.

Those two strokes look nothing alike :-$

40 minutes ago, iacas said:

Screen%20Shot%202017-11-23%20at%203.46.0

C'mon… why is the guy swinging his wedge back like that?

I'll be honest with you, I've actually seen some players take it that far back on a short shot like that and then they decelerate like crazy. All sorts of things can happen from there.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Ha!

I haven't seen it yet, but I'll watch for it!  :beer:

:-D 

Edited by David in FL

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Commercial sighting!

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• 3 weeks later...

LOL.  Calling it square strike "wedge," does not change the fact it's a good old chipper.  It does seem like a nice chipper, but not for $100.  eBay has tons of chippers for little $ if one wants to try one...

The actual commercial is funny because the examples of people screwing up with their current wedges are dreadful strokes and the examples of simple hitting good shots with the wedge they’re hawking are good strokes.

The results were way more due to the swings than which clubs they were holding.

• Like 1

I have a chipper in my garage, used once. You are only allowed 14 clubs, I have better use for each one. Learn to chip better or use a PW or GW. From off the green on the short grass I sometimes do the old bump and run with an 8 iron. I found no need for a chipper, but like I said I have one, cheap.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Golfingdad said:

The actual commercial is funny because the examples of people screwing up with their current wedges are dreadful strokes and the examples of simple hitting good shots with the wedge they’re hawking are good strokes.

The results were way more due to the swings than which clubs they were holding.

Maybe it just gives you a powerful jolt of electricity if you don’t swing it right . :-D

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

• 2 months later...

Well if you have the "yips with your chips" and you lose 3 or 4 shots a round you will try about anything and I have.  Weather has not allowed me out yet, but I can tell you my stroke is much smoother off carpet than with any other club.  Of course, I have been told to keep woman and children away when I chip so as not to endanger them.  I will probably "yip" this too.  

My buddy has one of those 2 sided chippers that can be used both right and left handed. Why you would need that puzzles me, and it feels like it's made out of tin! Horrible club.

For cook119, I love chipping with my 8 iron, or even less. I like to get the ball on the green and rolling ASAP.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Buckeyebowman said:

My buddy has one of those 2 sided chippers that can be used both right and left handed. Why you would need that puzzles me, and it feels like it's made out of tin! Horrible club.

FWIW, those are illegal.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I carry 13 right-handed clubs and 1 left-handed club: a 42 degree Cleveland niblick.  Aside from a putter; it's the easiest (LH) club for me to use and comes in handy when an obstacle, of some sort, interferes with a normal stance.  The Square Strike looks like the same type club

Edited by Piz
Addendum

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

I found one of these square strikes in a bargain bin a few weeks ago. It was so cheap, I figured why not. 

Have not had much of a chance to use it. Just be a few chips with it, when goofing around is all. It would have to be really special to make it into my gamer bag. 

Edited by Patch

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Just letting y'all know, @David in FL and I are playing together on Thursday, I'll take a pic of his monogrammed customized chipper in all its glory... :-D

Let us know what towel he's using. :-)

No chipper, but a pretty cool towel...!  :-)

My recommendation for the Square Strike dudes....if someone can show a hcp 15 or higher, and turns in a 60* wedge, they should give them the chipper thang.  Call it a public service, kind of like the popo doing a no questions asked gun buyback... :-D 

In David's bag....

2 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Will do! With annotated picture evidence...

You're not gonna have time for pictures.  Bring a mask and snorkel, so you can get some of your balls back.  Water on 16 holes... ;-) 

In David's bag....

Note: This thread is 2254 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!