bones75

Titleist AVX (New Ball)

6 posts in this topic Last Reply

Anyone hear or have experience w these?  $80 a dozen where I saw them, and I think that's what titleist required in the CA, FL, AZ test markets.  If I had anything resembling a decent game I would have bought them just to test.

12 hours ago, bones75 said:

$80 a dozen where I saw them, and I think that's what titleist required in the CA, FL, AZ test markets.

On the Titleist website, one guy who tried them mentioned a price of $48 a dozen.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

12 hours ago, bones75 said:

Anyone hear or have experience w these?  $80 a dozen where I saw them, and I think that's what titleist required in the CA, FL, AZ test markets.  If I had anything resembling a decent game I would have bought them just to test.

I don't know what Titleist is attempting to do other than introduce their version of a Chrome Soft at a ProV1 price - good distance, soft feel, good spin around greens is what I see posted. For people who were buying Chrome Soft, and Titleist did not want people to desert the Titleist brand... still, worth $10 more than a Chrome Soft? And Callaway is introducing a revolutionary Chrome Soft and CS-X in 2018... Still the AVX will probably be enough to keep most Titleist loyalists at home.

Edited by Mr. Desmond

read a review on another forum, and the poster compared this ball with the Bridgestone RX. He thought the feel, and playing characteristics we pretty much the same.

I took a survey and these balls were presented as "options." It became clear that Titleist had commissioned the poll.

Screen Shot 2017-12-06 at 8.16.58 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-06 at 8.17.10 AM.png

You can see the AVX, but also the Pro V1 LS (low spin).

I saw them in my pro shop but didn’t buy any. It’s becoming a very challenging time for titleist in the ball market considering all the “comparable” balls coming out in the $28-35 price range. That’s not to say I don’t put a ProVx into play for a big tournament but I’m not buying proVs by the dozens anymore.