IGNORED

Yardages Throughout the Bag

iacas
Note: This thread is 2175 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

36 minutes ago, Shindig said:

If you go to the insights page, you can ask for the data from only the last X many rounds.  I wish I could hide old clubs from this display since every club I've ever entered into this system is on there, such as my old iron set.

True, but as I play more than 15-20 rounds a year, I would love to just isolate the yardages by year, so that they capture all the rounds I play in a Summer.

Otherwise, I can do "select individual" and select 35ish rounds. I know Im only complaining about a minute of work though.....

I actually did go isolate it by 2017 and now get the following, I still got a scary gap between the 8i and 9i.

• Driver-247 (stayed same, I've only used it the past year)
  • 3wood 15*-235 (0.9 x 247=222)
  • 18* hybrid(dont carry it every round)-230
  • 21* hy/3i replace- 223 (207)
  • 24* hy/4i replace-216 (195)
  • 6i-180 (170)
  • 7i-176 (158)
  • 8i-165 (145)
  • 9i-144 (133)
  • PW-125 (I think 3/4 shots with this club might be affecting it)

I have a lot of mishits with my driver, so I think my average should get better there as I improve.

Edited by cutchemist42

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
37 minutes ago, Shindig said:

If you go to the insights page, you can ask for the data from only the last X many rounds.  I wish I could hide old clubs from this display since every club I've ever entered into this system is on there, such as my old iron set.

What happens if you delete the clubs from your "bag"? Or have you done that and it still keeps them for your stats?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I am in between white and purple. I don’t use all the clubs in the opening post, but what I use is in line with that. Except for sandwedge and lobwedge. I hit them way shorter.

Gapwedge is 95y, sandwedge is 65y, lobwedge is 55y. I don’t like to use sandwedge for full shots.

2 hours ago, iacas said:

What happens if you delete the clubs from your "bag"? Or have you done that and it still keeps them for your stats?

I haven't deleted any clubs as I don't know what it would do to strokes gained/lost that involved them.  I have removed the tags from some clubs to put them in other ones, but no clubs deleted from GameGolf. 

Maybe it would be nice to have custom displays -- all clubs, clubs in my bag, custom -- for that.  I don't know enough of their UI to know how easy/hard a change that'd be for them to make, and I'm well off topic by now anyway.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I am between white and purple and it is pretty close. Three fairway and 3 and 4 hybrids are closer to purple. 5-GW line up pretty close to between white and purple. I am working on increasing the range for my 52 and 56; they are a little shorter by comparison. I don't generally hit a full shot with either.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

I'm very close to purple, and the yardages are pretty damn close...!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

5 hours ago, iacas said:

If you're looking at Club Performances tab, it gives you yardage information by club, so any clubs you deleted from your bag wouldn't be there. The stats are still there, though. When I go into my Approach the Green tab and select all rounds, I'll still find data points from clubs I have deleted.

That shouldn't matter for this topic, though, since you'd just be using the distance information you can pull from Club Performances. For example, I used my Game Golf data for my irons because I know what my carry yardages are and I don't get a lot of roll, it's pretty accurate.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

11 hours ago, David in FL said:

I'm very close to purple, and the yardages are pretty damn close...!

@David in FL and @iacas ,I am a HHC at 25. My yardages are fairly close to those recorded for my average drive but inconsistent...chart yardages are a little long on most but moreso on short irons. I'm wondering: Do you think the chart is most accurate for the low HC like you and some others? Would it make sense that you are more consistently within the norm for your HC? These chart topics are really interesting. Thanks, -Marv

DRIVER: Cleveland 588 Altitude ( Matrix Radix Sv Graphite, A) IRONS: Mizuno JPX-800 HD Irons & 3,4,5 JPX Fli-Hi (Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue Graphite, R); WEDGES: (Carried as needed) Artisan Golf 46, 50, 53, 56 low bounce, 56 high bounce; PUTTER: Mizuno TP Mills 9

22 minutes ago, MarvChamp said:

@David in FL and @iacas ,I am a HHC at 25. My yardages are fairly close to those recorded for my average drive but inconsistent...chart yardages are a little long on most but moreso on short irons. I'm wondering: Do you think the chart is most accurate for the low HC like you and some others? Would it make sense that you are more consistently within the norm for your HC? These chart topics are really interesting. Thanks, -Marv

Wanted to make sure you understand that carry distance is what’s in the chart and not your average total distance. A carry of 225 usually gets a 245 yard total drive.

Also distance is not accuracy. Lower handicaps who carry 210-225 hit the fairways a lot more often than higher handicaps.

Edited by Lihu

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

3 hours ago, Lihu said:

Wanted to make sure you understand that carry distance is what’s in the chart and not your average total distance. A carry of 225 usually gets a 245 yard total drive.

Also distance is not accuracy. Lower handicaps who carry 210-225 hit the fairways a lot more often than higher handicaps.

Right. Understood. My carry is about 200 yards. My accuracy with driver is good. I guess I had long hitters mixed up or equating to low handicaps and vice versa. Regards, - Marv

Edited by MarvChamp
Spelling error

DRIVER: Cleveland 588 Altitude ( Matrix Radix Sv Graphite, A) IRONS: Mizuno JPX-800 HD Irons & 3,4,5 JPX Fli-Hi (Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue Graphite, R); WEDGES: (Carried as needed) Artisan Golf 46, 50, 53, 56 low bounce, 56 high bounce; PUTTER: Mizuno TP Mills 9

You can do this with any driver carry yardage. Just multiply the driver yardage by the percentage next to the club in the far left column.

@iacas, I have a question. In your opinion, do you think would a 5-wood fall under 3-hybrid yardage or perhaps slightly more than a 3-hybrid?

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

22 minutes ago, MarvChamp said:

Right. Understood. My carry is about 200 yards. My accuracy with driver is good. I guess I had long hitters mixed up or equating to low handicaps and vice versa. Regards, - Marv

Right, don't ever make a bet with either @David in FL and @MacDutch

I'd guess that either of them can break par when enough money is on the line. :-D

Seems like the charts in the OP are based off of Trackman or Flightscope? In any case, the numbers look pretty good in general, but most people don't hit their shorter clubs as far as they can on the course. 

Edited by Lihu
  • Like 1

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

My driver distance fits in well with the white column.  However, over the last few years I have replaced my 2i through 6i with 2h - 6h.  The only wood I carry is my driver and then go to the 2h which is almost as long as my 3 wood but is a much higher % shot, especially in the fairway.  My 3h - 6h are about 10 yards longer than the listed 3i - 6i.  My 7i is about 5 yards longer and 8i - SW are about the same as the chart.  I do not carry a lob wedge. 

26 minutes ago, Lihu said:

Right, don't ever make a bet with either @David in FL and @MacDutch

I'd guess that either of them can break par when enough money is on the line. :-D

Seems like the charts in the OP are based off of Trackman or Flightscope? In any case, the numbers look pretty good in general, but most people don't hit their shorter clubs as far as they can on the course. 

You should see us when we play as 4-ball partners!

:-D 

• Like 2

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

• Administrator
5 hours ago, onthehunt526 said:

@iacas, I have a question. In your opinion, do you think would a 5-wood fall under 3-hybrid yardage or perhaps slightly more than a 3-hybrid?

Probably a bit more.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 11/26/2017 at 11:14 AM, jamo said:

A few are a little high and a few a little low, but it's roughly correct. 

Same here.  Driver carry is around the red and my irons are mostly a pinch longer, up closer to the black column, but the wedges line up close with red  though.

15 hours ago, iacas said:

Probably a bit more.

agree - my sample size of 1.  My 5w and my 2h go identical distance (carry).

Bill - 

Note: This thread is 2175 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!