Sign in to follow this  
billchao

Mid-Atlantic Club General Discussion

31 posts / 2604 viewsLast Reply

Hey guys, I noticed there wasn't a Mid-Atlantic club here so I went ahead and started one. I invited a handful of guys (@RandallT, @DaveP043, @GolfLug, @jsgolfer) to join already just off the top of my head, but feel free to tag anyone from the area who should be in this group.

We can use this topic just for general discussions.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

11 minutes ago, RandallT said:

Thanks! I should probably know this but to invite someone, I just tag them? Then I presume they’ll go and hit the Join button?

@woodzie264, my first guinea pig.

As the owner of the club, I can just invite people like I did with you. I just made you a leader so you should be able to, too.

This is my first time with this feature so I'm learning as I go as well.

The profile picture is Congressional correct? 

4 minutes ago, Nutsmacker said:

We should organize a Mid-Atlantic TST golf tournament!

There's been an outing organized every year for the last three or four years. It will probably be brought up once the warm weather gets closer.

Just now, billchao said:

There's been an outing organized every year for the last three or four years. It will probably be brought up once the warm weather gets closer.

Oh Okay.  Cool.  

2 hours ago, billchao said:

I've helped with the last two events.  Based on the weather we've had, I believe I've been DQed from organizing another one.:no:

5 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

I've helped with the last two events.  Based on the weather we've had, I believe I've been DQed from organizing another one.:no:

Has there been a good amount of players?  And is it open to whomever can make it?  It would be cool for all of the regions on TST to play tournaments and use them as a qualifier for a TST "major"  - of course I have no idea how to organize a tournament...but I would be happy to help.

As long as I've been involved, its been open to anyone who could attend.  In 2016, we had 5 players, in cold and wind and a few snowflakes.  In 2017, I think we had 9 or 10, including @iacas, who did a couple of Aimpoint clinics for those who were interested.  We had lovely rainy weather, and a soggy golf course.   We didn't really compete, we just played, and I know I had a great time meeting a bunch of new friends, and seeing a few old ones.

On 1/25/2018 at 2:41 PM, DaveP043 said:

It can't be cold and rainy/snowing three years in a row, can it? ;-)

5 hours ago, ballplayer002003 said:

Hi guys, I am new to this site, just found it yesterday and joined.  Where do you guys normally play this tournament?

There's no tournament, but if you're asking about the outing (which hasn't been discussed yet for this year), @DaveP043 helped organize the last two at his club in northern VA.

We can do it in Virginia Beach or Williamsburg area this year. I can help organize. Mid/Late April is always tolerable.

I can't promise no rain but I can almost guarantee no snow.

23 hours ago, GolfLug said:

We can do it in Virginia Beach or Williamsburg area this year. I can help organize. Mid/Late April is always tolerable.

I can't promise no rain but I can almost guarantee no snow.

Sounds like a plan, my schedule is clear in April.  

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...