IGNORED

The Best Golf Courses in Every State

Note: This thread is 1814 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

25 minutes ago, Nutsmacker said:

750 bucks is a quite a bit of dough for some golf.  I am sure it will be higher by the time it finishes.  I know that it is probably a good deal but I can't see myself dropping a G for a single golf round

3 players with caddies....750 is cheap my guess is it will sell around 1000....so 333 each to play there with a caddie. 

13 hours ago, FLOG4 said:

3 players with caddies....750 is cheap my guess is it will sell around 1000....so 333 each to play there with a caddie. 

I would pay the 250.  But getting my friends to spring for that would be tough.  

10 hours ago, Nutsmacker said:

I would pay the 250.  But getting my friends to spring for that would be tough.  

Understand. The person handling the charity for this Montessori School listed it in Sports rather than Golf. Either which way it will be a lot....but for a chance to play this place...This is one of the ways to a deal.

On 1/4/2018 at 9:56 PM, billchao said:

I didn't expect to have played any of the courses on the list, but I was pleasantly surprised. I've played Hollywood GC in Deal, NJ (#15 on the list) with @SavvySwede.

I have been lucky enough to play about 30 of the courses on this list.   I was surprised that I had played that many.

I caddied right across the street from Hollywood at Deal Golf and Country Club and went over to Hollywood to caddy once in a great while (got to play it once as well).   Great course!

—Adam

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Skipped from the OP to the last page. Opened the link and scanned the list for Ohio. I have a better chance of seeing Bigfoot riding a Unicorn than getting on any of the top 20 because they're all private! Seriously private and expensive! I'd like to see a list of the best public courses in each state. Haven't read any golf mags in years, so don't really know if they do that but it doesn't seem unreasonable. 

I've played a Pete Dye track here in NE Ohio, Fowler's Mill, and it's a hell of a course! Very challenging and with country club conditioning! I can book rounds there on GolfNow for a relative song, and it's become one of my and my buddies favorites. There's another Dye course about 5-6 miles up the road from me, Avalon Lakes. It's semi-private and non-equity, and if I show up with a hundy and a half in my hand I can play it! Haven't felt like dropping that much coin on one round yet, but I feel the itch to do it. I'm going to enter a local tourney where the field is split up on the second day among local country clubs, and Avalon is one of them. I hope I get to play it this year. Played Youngstown CC last year, an old Donald Ross course that was also quite difficult. Kept me from making the cut! 

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 9:14 PM, Buckeyebowman said:

Skipped from the OP to the last page. Opened the link and scanned the list for Ohio. I have a better chance of seeing Bigfoot riding a Unicorn than getting on any of the top 20 because they're all private! Seriously private and expensive! I'd like to see a list of the best public courses in each state. Haven't read any golf mags in years, so don't really know if they do that but it doesn't seem unreasonable. 

I've played a Pete Dye track here in NE Ohio, Fowler's Mill, and it's a hell of a course! Very challenging and with country club conditioning! I can book rounds there on GolfNow for a relative song, and it's become one of my and my buddies favorites. There's another Dye course about 5-6 miles up the road from me, Avalon Lakes. It's semi-private and non-equity, and if I show up with a hundy and a half in my hand I can play it! Haven't felt like dropping that much coin on one round yet, but I feel the itch to do it. I'm going to enter a local tourney where the field is split up on the second day among local country clubs, and Avalon is one of them. I hope I get to play it this year. Played Youngstown CC last year, an old Donald Ross course that was also quite difficult. Kept me from making the cut! 

gettyimages-917186342-e1523995349843.jpg

Welcome Golfweek’s annual Best. Each spring, we publish the three lists that are the foundation of our course-ratings program: Golfweek’s Best...

• Like 2

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 8:14 PM, Buckeyebowman said:

I'd like to see a list of the best public courses in each state.

Absolutely - 2 lists......  Private and public. 

Remember when reading posts...…. Communication: 80% Body Language; 15% Tone & 5% Actual Words
We'd all be best selling authors if we could communicate in the written word as well as we would like.

:aimpoint:    :bushnell:    :sunmountain:   :ogio:   :titleist:
:mizuno:  Mizuno ST180 Driver
:ping:  Ping G400 fairway 3 
:cleveland:  Cleveland HB Launcher Iron set  4-PW  50/56/60 CBX Wedges
:callaway:  64 Calloway Lob Wedge
 :scotty_cameron:    Scotty Camron GOLO 3

I have played around 25 on the list. Unfortunately  the ones I really want to play, I don't think I'm ever going to get the chance. The Augusta's, Seminoles, and Pine Valleys of the world are going to be out of reach. I was actually surprised that some of the courses I have played actually made the list. There are about a half dozen that have me scratching my head.

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

On 3/27/2019 at 10:54 AM, FLOG4 said:
gettyimages-917186342-e1523995349843.jpg

Welcome Golfweek’s annual Best. Each spring, we publish the three lists that are the foundation of our course-ratings program: Golfweek’s Best...

Thanks for the link. As far as Golfweek is concerned, I've already played 6 of the top 10 public courses in the state! I feel blessed! 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 4:36 AM, cliftoncraft said:

Can someone suggest a good golf course in Florida? There are tons of them, but I don't know which to choose.

Florida is quite big....My first rec would be go to Streamsong. Three courses....Red, Blue Black. Doak, Coore Crenshaw and Hanse...All 3 are rated very high. You will feel like you are in Ireland. Courses are big/open and playable. Depending on when you go they are sometimes walking only. Not cheap but worth the $ spent. THese courses are about 90 minutes from Orlando and 60 minutes from Tampa.  

Note: This thread is 1814 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!