IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge December 2017

iacas
Note: This thread is 2274 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On 12/6/2017 at 6:32 AM, Lihu said:

Increasing flexibility at top of Swing trying to make the entire movement much more directed and reducing antagonistic muscle tension.

On 12/7/2017 at 5:31 AM, Lihu said:

Still working on the flexibility at the top. Increasing the steepness of my lead arm as well.

23 hours ago, Lihu said:

Getting steeper seems to help with height. Not sure if casting it not :-P

Used mirrors to watch, doesn’t seem so. I’ll have to take some slow motion video one morning.

Working on determining an optimal steepness. Using a club simulator to widen my range of steepnesses so I have the flexibility to use any steepness desired.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Dec 9 Day 9.  Played in a scramble this morning, inspite of the 45-50 degree weather and light rain.   Then into the house to warm up and spend 30 minutes plus putting a ball down my 4 foot metal ruler, to help with practicing starting the ball on line. 

12/9/17 Day 252:

Bead practice with my 4' metal ruler (which is all Wal-mart carries these days, everything else is picked over).

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Rotations practice. Helping with flexibility. Weight forward, hips turning through contact. Specifically tailoring this to my driver currently to help with my EE

Driver: :tmade: SLDR

Woods: :ping: Rapture 3 Wood

Hybrid: :tmade: R7 Rescue 3H

Irons: :mizuno: JPX900 HM 4-GW

Putter: :odyssey: OG White Hot

Every night before I hit the bed I do a few practice swings - outside - in the cold to wake me up. My issues is rotation and not rushing the down swing.

The first couple are without a ball.

I then place a ball on a mat and make sure my rotation is just as full. This has actually been helping quite a bit.

I then go to bed and drift off to sleep by imagining I am playing through one favorite course. Off topic - but a great way to fall asleep!

On 12/2/2017 at 11:32 AM, JuanTheGolfer said:

Dec 2.   Spent 3 1/2 hours on the range.   Did 27 Drills which build skills and technique as part of the Six Step Process taught by the Gary Gilchrist Academy.   Each drill required hitting 8 balls.  Also did 6 drills to improve clubhead speed from the book, "Train for Golf Like an Olympian" by Huffman and Gilchrist.   Nap time!! :-)

That's dedication.

On 12/5/2017 at 5:03 AM, Lihu said:

Hitting a rubber tee target with my club simulator. The smaller profile of he simulator makes it harder to hit the tip of the rubber tee. Hoping this will improve my ball striking.

What do you mean by club simulator ?

I use old Taylor Made clubs from eBay and golf shops.

On 12/9/2017 at 6:50 AM, Lihu said:

Working on determining an optimal steepness. Using a club simulator to widen my range of steepnesses so I have the flexibility to use any steepness desired.

Doing a few of these drills before my rounds today.

10 hours ago, gregsandiego said:

What do you mean by club simulator ?

A club without a metal head, but with the weight and resistance of one.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Dec 10 Day 10    Another chilly day with a high of only 55!!  So I worked on improving my connectedness by repeated swings using an Impact Ball and a shortened club so I could do this indoors.    Hopefully tomorrow it will be warmer and I can get out to the range.

Hit some balls today inside. Didn't have a ton of time so I just hit some half speed drivers. Trying to get the same connected feeling as I'm starting to feel with my irons. 

12/10/17: 

Putted in the hallway this evening... Worked on starting line and distance control.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

14 hours ago, Lihu said:

Doing a few of these drills before my rounds today.

A club without a metal head, but with the weight and resistance of one.

When I google search all I find is golfing simulators. Is there a name and model I can look up?

I use old Taylor Made clubs from eBay and golf shops.

On 12/9/2017 at 6:50 AM, Lihu said:

Tried different steepness with irons versus driver, and driver only on one round, then took my driver to work to run some tests and prototype something I'm working on.

Left my driver by mistake, then played a scoring round with no driver. Ironically, I scored the best I've done in a while on the shorter course. Shot a 40 with an average 3W distance of only 241 yards.

I'll reserve my driver for the longer course and play 3W on the short one.

8 hours ago, gregsandiego said:

When I google search all I find is golfing simulators. Is there a name and model I can look up?

I made it from 3D printed parts I designed. So, it's not actually something you can buy. It's designed to help you with the kinematic sequence better. I'm working on one that will make you target the sweet spot better too. Which is why I left my driver behind for my afternoon round.

Did some mirror work with different steepness. Still having a back arching issue with very steep swings. Trying to maintain the C spine with very steep swings.

Edited by Lihu

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Dec 11  Day 11    Another chilly day with a high of only 58 - so I am stuck in the house two days in a row!!!   Grrrr!!   So again I worked on improving my connectedness by repeated swings using an Impact Ball and a shortened club so I could do this indoors and then did a series of 6 step drills from the Gary Gilchrist Golf Academy.  I WILL go out tomorrow as the high will be 71   YEAH!!!   And yes I am a weather wimp, having been raised in Rochester, NY I have had my fill of cold... and do not even mention snow. 

12/11/17:

Some swings with a 54° wedge... Just trying to maintain my positions and such... Also did my water/soda bottle drill to get me coming into impact from the inside.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Went through the motions again of feeling a low shoulder, shoulder position at impact and hip turn on the downswing. I feel like it’s coming along and I might finally be building some muscle memory.

Also worked on some putts inside 5 feet. Trying to make 3 in a row from different positions until I could complete without a miss. 

22 hours ago, Lihu said:

Tried different steepness with irons versus driver, and driver only on one round, then took my driver to work to run some tests and prototype something I'm working on.

Did some mirror work with different steepness. Still having a back arching issue with very steep swings. Trying to maintain the C spine with very steep swings.

Working on partial swings. I did a bunch of partial swings with different clubs up to 8i last night using Mevo. I got a few weird numbers, but for the most part the numbers were pretty spot on. I tried using the dots to see if the spin numbers were better with them, but outdoors the spin numbers seemed pretty good with 6 feet distance. I'm going to try 7 feet tonight. Good thing my shoes are exactly 1 foot so I can pace them off using my shoes pretty accurately.

My original LW data point got lost somehow, but I for a bunch or readings. Was not warmed up, so I didn't make any full shots.

Doing mirror work with partial swings to maximize the distance with partial swings. I'm very inconsistent making 1/2 and 3/4 swings.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

12/12/17:

Did some 7i practice with shortened swings indoor with my water bottle path drill to get my swing coming from the inside ingrained.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Dec 12  Day 12  Did I get out today, NO!!  So here I am again in my home office, working with my Impact Ball so I am connected and keeping a straighter left arm on the backswing.   Tomorrow golf for sure!!!

Edited by JuanTheGolfer

Worked on stance with different clubs. Trying to feel more automatic snd comfortable at address. Some practice swings, again looking for the feeling of the hip turn/pull and side crunch 

Note: This thread is 2274 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!