IGNORED

Anyone is still gaming the OG RBZ 3 wood?

Note: This thread is 1133 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

40 minutes ago, BogeyWorkman said:

Just curious if anyone is still gaming the original RBZ 3 wood and if you have any comparisons to current 3 woods.  I got rid of mine and I think I want it back! 

I play the original RBZ set, but minus the 3W and driver.  I had been hitting the 4I hybrid off the tee for almost two years because I struggle with the driver.  On a lark a few weeks ago, I decided I wanted to try bringing a 3W into the mix again and got fit for the Ping G400.  I'm absolutely stroking it ... and to me, it seems as easy to hit as the RBZ hybrid.  I highly recommend giving it a shot.

I struggled through one season with the RBZ 3W.HL and 5W.HL. The stock shaft was only 45 grams, and the non-tour head had a draw bias, so I was having trouble with serious left misses (as in OB).

It was a weird club: OK off the tee or out of light rough, but a disaster off the fairway.

The follow-on RBZ Stage 2 had a 60-gram shaft and a more neutral head, and flew better. BUT, the TM rep was so non-committal on trade in that I switched to Tour Edge XRail 4W and 7W. (TE gave me twice the trade-in TM was willing to offer).

Played XRails for four seasons, and then shifted to Alpha 815s. (I keep the XRails as backup).

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 hours ago, cooke119 said:

get one cheap on eBay. 

... and at one of the second-hand sports shops. Just make sure you don't overpay.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 1133 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjan21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
  • Popular Now

• Ha ha ha. So in trying to defend Justin Thomas (why?), you're taking on a company that, once again: Apparently, and even if we assume that what you're saying about the countries in which they manufacture their clothes is accurate, to avoid being a "hypocrite" you think Ralph Lauren should have just said "oh well, we do some not great things under entirely different circumstances, so we're cool with you saying that word on national TV." Again, I'll say: "come on." The choice in this case might literally be to manufacture there (while perhaps lobbying for better policies, treatment, etc.) or to not manufacture at all, putting thousands out of work. Ralph Lauren isn't a government, and has limited control over  If someone at your job is a racist, sure you could quit, or you could take your concerns to management, but if management doesn't do anything and you need the job… what are you gonna do? Probably keep going to work, and try to work on the problem from the inside rather than leaving. Ralph Lauren controlled what they could control here - Justin Thomas - and you likely have almost no idea what they're doing to try to control or influence that which they really have no control over at all (government policies).
    • They can do what they like, but in my eyes, this is the most hypocritical thing I've seen in a while.
    • I see both of your points. To @Bonvivant’s point, if a company makes a point of being LGBT advocates, it seems counterintuitive/hypocritical to manufacture in a country where it’s illegal. I see that being the same argument many are making in the PGA 2022 thread who seem to equate financial partnership (with Trump’s course) with the advocacy of their partner’s views. If I follow that line of logic, I can see where @Bonvivant’s case that it’s hypocritical that RL can withdraw sponsorship from a guy who makes a slur, but continue in financial partnership with a country where it’s illegal.    But, to @iacas’s point, of course RL has the right to withdraw their partnership from someone who makes a slur hostile to their social ideals.    Ultimately I support a company’s right to sponsor/partner with anyone they see as an athlete who they feel best suits them...which is not JT in their eyes.
    • You didn't answer my question.
    • If you were going to go for the golf one, I would say its like all of the pros that say, "the short game is the reason people get to scratch". A bold face lie that goes against the way they train.
  • Today's Birthdays

1. Cy McCaffrey
      Cy McCaffrey
      (39 years old)
    2. MPD
      MPD
      (64 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...