bkuehn1952

Last and Predictions for First

12 posts in this topic Last Reply

Where and when was your last Michigan round?  And when do you predict you will tee it up (outside!!) for the first time in 2018?

I played 18 at Fox Hills ("Classic - Lakes & Woodlands") on December 1.  Saturday & Sunday of that week were very nice but I did yard work.

As to 2018, I think it will be March 15, probably at Fox Hills because they are open year round, weather permitting.  In 2017 it was January 1 (at Fox Hills).  I am just an old pessimist and can't imagine we will have another mild winter in 2018.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

I played November 29 at Copper Ridge and then again December 2nd.     My first round this year was February 18th at Tyrone Hills in Fenton but I don't think in 2018 I'll play that early.   I'm going to take a guess and say April 17th..   

March 15th is very optimistic....

On 12/8/2017 at 5:31 PM, bkuehn1952 said:

Where and when was your last Michigan round?  And when do you predict you will tee it up (outside!!) for the first time in 2018?

Eagle Crest Resort and Golf Course, sometime after Dec.4th. A friend who's as crazy as I am joined me in finding new (to us) courses near Lansing.  We also found Whispering Pines and Pierce Lake in November.  Will not be starting early this year.  When my wife and I get back from Jamaica in March I have to get my left shoulder repaired, again.  Then I'll see about getting my left hip joint replaced.  Both are making golf difficult*.  Hopefully the knees can wait a couple more years.

*That being said, still managed a 76 at Eagle Eye on Dec.4.

5 hours ago, tlazzol said:

I have to get my left shoulder repaired, again.  Then I'll see about getting my left hip joint replaced.

Hope all goes well.

I'm looking forward to having them done.  Glad I live at a time when I have a very good chance for good results.

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 5:31 PM, bkuehn1952 said:

As to 2018, I think it will be March 15, probably at Fox Hills because they are open year round, weather permitting.

Really!   If weather permits before we go to Jamaica I'm going to check this out.

The bionic Michigander!  Based on my family history, new hips are possible down the road.

I played 27 holes at Fox Hills on 2/27/2018.  Still, I do not consider the season started until one is able to play whenever one wants without lengthy periods of time where snow cover prevents golf.  Right now March 15 does look optimistic.

Did you not get the 5" of snow we received today?   It may melt by the 15th but I'm more of the pessimistic person when it comes to weather.     Accuweather is stating the the 15th, the high is 41º.   April 14th is the first day predicted in the 60s.   

My first round this year was April 12th.   I am playing this weekend, Sunday, and Monday the 23rd.   It seems like winter didn't want to die...

For 2018, my last round appears to have been 12/2/2018.  The weather could take a drastic change but there is little hope in the extended forecast right now.

For 2019 I will go with March 14. Statistically mid-March has been the kick off for me.

The earliest "all time" was 1/1/2017.  Played on 12/31/2016 and 1/1/2017. 

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...