IGNORED

Last and Predictions for First

bkuehn1952

I did play my last round (9 holes) the day after Christmas at Tyrone Hills when we had 61­°.   I don't expect we'll be playing until mid-April.    

I'm going to guess April 16th!  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 year later...

Reviving an older thread.   

On 1/28/2020 at 5:45 PM, dennyjones said:

I did play my last round (9 holes) the day after Christmas at Tyrone Hills when we had 61­°.   I don't expect we'll be playing until mid-April.    

I'm going to guess April 16th!  

In 2020, I played my first round on my birthday 3/9.   

In 2021, I played my first round on 3/21.    This is probably a little ambitious for everyone but @bkuehn1952.   

My last round this year looks like it happened Wednesday, I'm making an emergency trip to Florida w/o clubs for a couple of week.   

In 2022, I'm predicting that I'll play 4/18.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, dennyjones said:

I'm making an emergency trip to Florida w/o clubs for a couple of week.   

I hope your trip is safe and whatever the emergency is gets worked out in the best way possible.

I do not recall my first round date this year, I know my first round "For Score" was April 23rd per my entry into GHIN but I did a few "Practice" rounds ahead of that.  I am hoping that I have not yet played my last round, the weather next week looks decent so there should be a round in there.

• Like 1

You guys are bringing back memories of miserable cold, rain and wind (occasionally even snow) in Traverse City. Big difference in last rounds there...usually mid to late October. First round usually late April and sometimes early May if the snow has not melted and the icebergs are still on the bay. I don't regret moving further north to a place with year round golf!

The pandemic and my surgery screwed things up the past couple years. 2020 ended 12/18/2020, after 9 holes at Washtenaw.  I was feeling poorly and unknown to me, I was going to take an ambulance ride the next morning to the ER.  Fast forward to this year, a buddy and I teed it up at Whispering Willows (Livonia) on March 12.  I was still recovering from surgery but the weather was cooperating so I booked a tee time to see if I could still swing a club.  I could (barely) and so on went the season.

Courses start to close down once we hit November.  I will try to keep playing until the ground is frozen, covered with snow or no course will let me play.  I am going to say 12/15 will be that last day and 3/15/2022 will be the dawn of the next season.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo after clicking this link. For Mevo+, click this link or the image above.
    • To a certain extent, this already exists.  I believe military provides higher education benefits, and there are opportunities for partial repayment for many public service careers (I know several people have have taken advantage of these benefits and opportunities). Many businesses also provide higher education benefits (some don’t require a commitment, some do).  I support these opportunities.  However, I DON’T support being on the hook for someone who decided to major in interpretive dance theory or basket weaving.  Nor being on the hook for someone who did 6 years of undergrad to “get the college experience”.
    • Wipe out college loans altogether? Yeah, no. Create a program to subsidize  or graduate repayment based on income level for those that are completely buried as I do believe some relief is in order since bankruptcy doesn't relieve you of student loans. On this note what I always thought was asinine is letting 18-19 year olds with take on huge loans they can't back or job market data does not support. Where are the adults? Bit predatory IMO. Overpriced education is meme for a reason. $200k for a 4-year degree? WTF?? Go to state and community colleges. Patronize them. They are much better value in majority cases. We will be a much better and educated country for not blind-worshipping Ivy ed. My kids will go to colleges wife and I can support along with them taking on a reasonable chunk themselves. 
    • You have my vote.
    • I like the Australian solution that Shorty mentioned.  A deferment of college debt until you achieve a certain threshold of income. So this has been a hot topic!  😁
    • I appreciate that and I agree with you that it should be available to everyone who wants it. But I don’t feel I should have to pay for someone else by raising my taxes to make it happen.  I think it is available for everyone, I was poor like every other student, but I managed to pay my bills. The question was not should it be available, the question was should existing debts be forgiven. That’s where we differ. BUT, As @saevel25 suggested, I could be on board with those who can’t afford to pay their debts by repaying them with service related positions for a period of time. That’s a great solution for those people who can’t repay their debt.
  • Today's Birthdays

1. baileyshaw437
      baileyshaw437
      (44 years old)
    2. duecetee
      duecetee
      (32 years old)
    3. Marshal Law
      Marshal Law
      (77 years old)
    4. Matt06
      Matt06
      (34 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...