IGNORED

Mark Hensby Suspended for 1 Year for Failing to Turn in Sample

iacas
Note: This thread is 2320 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Mark Hensby was suspended for one year for failing to submit a urine sample.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Good for the Tour.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

How many strokes can you gain with this type of crap?

Doesn't seem worth it?

Edited by Lihu

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Lihu said:

How many strokes can you gain with this type of crap?

Did you read anything here? Including the subject?

He didn't "test" positive for anything. He didn't "test" negative either, cuz he didn't submit a sample for testing. His reasoning is in the first post.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 minutes ago, iacas said:

He didn't "test" positive for anything. He didn't "test" negative either, cuz he didn't submit a sample for testing. His reasoning is in the first post.

Yes, but I was asking in general why anyone would even consider it. Should probably have agreed with Mark then asked.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Sounds like he was already moving towards give up mode while talking with his caddy. With a 1600 ranking, perhaps a year off might do him some good.

Personally, I am not a fan of piss tests. For the importance involved, I just don't think the accuracy percentage is all that great. 

When I was running my own company, for insurance reasons, myself and office staff all took piss tests. I failed. Test came back I had heroin in my system. Another member of our staff tested positive for pot. We immediately retested, with in 24 hours, at another facility,  and we both came back clean as a whistle. Insurance guy was satisfied.

There was an article in our newspaper, that a local facility was falsifying tests by swapping failed tests for clean tests. They were doing it for friends, and payoffs. I would assume the pga has stricter guidelines. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

6 minutes ago, Patch said:

Sounds like he was already moving towards give up mode while talking with his caddy. With a 1600 ranking, perhaps a year off might do him some good.

Personally, I am not a fan of piss tests. For the importance involved, I just don't think the accuracy percentage is all that great. 

When I was running my own company, for insurance reasons, myself and office staff all took piss tests. I failed. Test came back I had heroin in my system. Another member of our staff tested positive for pot. We immediately retested, with in 24 hours, at another facility,  and we both came back clean as a whistle. Insurance guy was satisfied.

There was an article in our newspaper, that a local facility was falsifying tests by swapping failed tests for clean tests. They were doing it for friends, and payoffs. I would assume the pga has stricter guidelines. 

I agree, I think he just wanted to leave and rest. I don't understand why they would suspend him for a year because he didn't want to take the test at the time and offered to take it in the morning? I don't understand why the heck people would even consider taking PEDs. Further I have no idea why the heck the PGA would be so concerned about the 1600th ranked golfer that they would suspend him for something like this? I don't even see how PED's could be helpful in this game?

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

He violated the policy and now is paying the price.  Seems pretty straightforward to me.  Quoting from the policy itself, "A failure to report to the testing area by the required time is the same as a doping violation under the Program"

Whether the price he paid is excessive could merit debate, but perhaps not.  The rules prior to this season had violations related to drug abuse managed as Conduct Unbecoming a Professional, and they were not reported to the public.  Now they are, so we have no idea if this was a first offense or not.

I personally believe the guy ... but, I also believed Lance Armstrong.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eric C said:

He violated the policy and now is paying the price.  Seems pretty straightforward to me.  Quoting from the policy itself, "A failure to report to the testing area by the required time is the same as a doping violation under the Program"

Ah, that makes sense. The rule stated he must take it within the allotted time. I suppose he could have drunk 2 glasses of water then waited for 45 minutes? 

I personally believe the guy

I do too, but a rule is a rule. 

... but, I also believed Lance Armstrong.

So did many other Americans.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Lihu said:

I agree, I think he just wanted to leave and rest. I don't understand why they would suspend him for a year because he didn't want to take the test at the time and offered to take it in the morning?

Because the rules of the policy say that you take the test when you're asked. It's really that simple.

I don't understand why the heck people would even consider taking PEDs.

It's right there in the name, @Lihu: performance enhancing.

Further I have no idea why the heck the PGA Tour would be so concerned about the 1600th ranked golfer that they would suspend him for something like this?

Because it's a random drug testing policy and he was playing in an event, and was randomly tagged to submit a sample.

All very clear, @Lihu.

Just now, iacas said:

Because the rules of the policy say that you take the test when you're asked. It's really that simple.

It's right there in the name, @Lihu: performance enhancing.

Because it's a random drug testing policy and he was playing in an event, and was randomly tagged to submit a sample.

All very clear, @Lihu.

Yeah, I saw that in a subsequent post. He violated the rule. There's no intent there. Should have just drunk 2 glasses of water fuming in a lounge chair waiting for his body to want to expel the water.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 9:10 AM, iacas said:

Perhaps the reason he hasn't played well for quite a while is he is taking something forbidden.  Hopefully, it wasn't Deer Antler Spray like VJ.

Mike Rooker

On 12/14/2017 at 9:07 AM, Lihu said:

Yeah, I saw that in a subsequent post. He violated the rule. There's no intent there. Should have just drunk 2 glasses of water fuming in a lounge chair waiting for his body to want to expel the water.

Had a buddy fail a test for doing this. He drank a bunch of water to make himself pee and the specimen came back too diluted. He had to go back in and do it again. I had never heard of such a thing. 

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

3 minutes ago, NM Golf said:

Had a buddy fail a test for doing this. He drank a bunch of water to make himself pee and the specimen came back too diluted. He had to go back in and do it again. I had never heard of such a thing. 

Correction, drink 2 large vodka/Gatorades... :-D

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Henby's instructor teaches at our club and basically told me the same thing yesterday. Hensby has a had a tough time of it on and off the course (went through a rough divorce). When he talked to Hensby he recommended he make a statement and make sure to get the truth out there that he screwed up but isn't a cheater. 

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

43 minutes ago, mvmac said:

Henby's instructor teaches at our club and basically told me the same thing yesterday. Hensby has a had a tough time of it on and off the course (went through a rough divorce). When he talked to Hensby he recommended he make a statement and make sure to get the truth out there that he screwed up but isn't a cheater. 

Bummer. Bad breaks all around, then some RO decides it's time for him to take a drug test for PEDs?I'd think those things would be the last thing he would take?

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Lihu said:

Bummer. Bad breaks all around, then some RO decides it's time for him to take a drug test for PEDs?I'd think those things would be the last thing he would take?

That's not how it works.

Note: This thread is 2320 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!