IGNORED

Predict Tiger's 2018 Season

iacas
Note: This thread is 2040 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tiger Woods in 2018  

94 members have voted

1. 1. How many events will Tiger win in 2018 (all events)?

• 3-4
    • 5+
  2. 2. How many majors will Tiger win in 2018?

He did finish T2 and T5 with that wild driver. If he continues at the same pace, he's bound to get more chances. If he keeps improving, he will definitely win.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

22 hours ago, Groucho Valentine said:

I thought there could be a chance Tiger won this season if he stayed healthy, but now I'm not so sure. I actually think Augusta is his best shot at a win this season.  He's got to get ahold of the driver. He cant be missing 50-60 yards off line like he does with that club sometimes. Most guys hit one off the map like that maybe once or twice a tournament. Theres a chance it could happen whenever Tiger pulls the club. Don't like those odds, yo. 

Wel he doesn't hit driver all that much and sometimes that can cause you to go wayward. He's become more 3-wood oriented, which isn't a bad thing if that's the club you are most confident in putting it in the fairway, and if you have solid ball-striking like he does, you can win on 3-woods all the time off the tee and be pulling out 6 and 7-irons and putting them on the green. Only problem is it may protect you from bogeys, but it hurts your chances at birdies. Par-5s did him well at Bay Hill.

I agree that the Masters may be his best shot of the year. Not saying he won't win others because he very well could...who knows... but the way he played the Par-5s at Bay Hill is encouraging for Augusta and he's going to play better on courses where 15-20 under par isn't the winning score. He did really well at Valspar and Palm Beach, which are tougher courses, grinding out pars. Pars are huge at the Masters and he will likely use those 3-woods more to try and play fairways and greens, and try and score on the par-5s. 

• 2 weeks later...

Side note to Tiger's season:
Sam Burns (Tiger beater) won the Web.com Savannah Championship this week, but will get this week off as all the tours take a break for the Masters.

• Like 1

Players play, tough players win!

• 2 weeks later...

I voted 2 events and 0 majors (though I bet he finishes in the top 10 in at least 1 or 2).  Perhaps now more so than ever there seems to be a bunch of guys playing incredible golf.  Moreover, a good many of them are in their 20's and have been gaining some valuable experience chasing one another around the leader boards.  They are now pretty "seasoned" around the circuit with course knowledge.

The other big question for Woods will be his health.  I fear the more he gets in the groove, the more his want to win will drive him and that may get him taxing those repaired hinge points beyond their modulus of elasticity.  If he can pace himself, his odds of returning to some glory years improves - that's how I see it anyway.

Edited by fishgolf

Callaway Razr-Fit 8.5 Driver | Callaway GBB Warbird 3W | PingEye 2 Irons (2-PW) | McGregor Jack Nicklaus SW | Ping B61 Putter

• 2 months later...

I will say this....right now, Tiger is kicking himself because he truly believes if he played a little better and started the weekend in the 5 or 6 over range, he could have right in this tournament at the end....I believe that

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

• 1 month later...
On 6/17/2018 at 5:12 PM, BallStriker said:

I will say this....right now, Tiger is kicking himself because he truly believes if he played a little better and started the weekend in the 5 or 6 over range, he could have right in this tournament at the end....I believe that

Unfortunately that goes for everyone.  Tiger's mental toughness seems to have softened with age.  I just don't see that fiery determination in his eyes that he use to have.  Sure he still has the desire and wants to win, but I don't see that "hunger" in his eyes.  I may be wrong, and I hope I am as I voted he will win 3+ with at least one major.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

• 3 weeks later...

It's hard for me to watch him play this year and not believe he's going to start finishing in the top 5. He will eventually win a tournament. There are so many parts of his game that are very good. He won't be the player he once was, and the competition is very good right now. But he's hanging with these guys even without the ability (yet) to put together 4 solid rounds.

• Like 1

Jon

• iacas unpinned this topic
  • Administrator

If you'd like to get a jump on 2019…

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 1 month later...
On 12/20/2017 at 5:18 PM, nevets88 said:

Went with 1 win, no majors, hope I'm wrong on both counts.

This was not exactly going out on a limb, 😜!

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

On 12/20/2017 at 1:54 PM, mvmac said:

If he stays healthy (which I think he will), if he play a somewhat regular schedule, I'll say he wins one event and zero majors.

On 12/20/2017 at 9:54 PM, dennyjones said:

I like this.    This is how I voted.

What do we win???     ya!!!!!!

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

• Administrator

Anyone who, like me, voted 1 and 0… stand up and applaud yourself. You nailed it.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

10 hours ago, iacas said:

Anyone who, like me, voted 1 and 0… stand up and applaud yourself. You nailed it.

I'll be the first to say I got it wrong!  I said 0 and 0, which turns out to be close, but wrong.  Congratulations to Tiger, and to those who got the prediction right.  

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

11 hours ago, iacas said:

👏👏👏

😀

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

3 hours ago, nevets88 said:

👏👏👏

😀

I can't remember what I voted for sure, but I think it was 1 win, no major. But more important, I won $100 on a bet with a friend who said Tiger would not win this year.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

I can't remember what I voted for sure, but I think it was 1 win, no major. But more important, I won $100 on a bet with a friend who said Tiger would not win this year.

You’re a mod so I think you can see the votes.

24 minutes ago, iacas said:

You’re a mod so I think you can see the votes.

Well I learned something today at least! I voted 2 not 1.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 2040 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!