IGNORED

TST Fantasy Golf 2017-18

gogolfing
Note: This thread is 1960 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello TST Fantasy Golfers, 

As many of you know, Yahoo has dropped fantasy golf for 2018.  Some digging has been done, and a replacement has been found. The PGA Fantasy golf was looked at, but it started with the Fall segment so is 25% done, and some of us play that too, so we would not start off on an equal footing. @Undr Par found one on The Golf Channel, and it starts next week with the Tournament of Champions, so we figured it would be best. 

The format is different than Yahoo in that you set a roster of 6; each player is assigned a monetary value, and you have $100, 000 to spend per week on your roster. Points are given for scoring (set amount for birdies, eagles etc) along with placing for the tournament. A full list of rules can be found here: http://static.golfchannel.com/Fantasy/2018/2018-Golf-Channel-Fantasy-Contest-Official-Rules-FINAL.pdf

To join, go to the link below:

https://www.playfantasygolf.com/league/join/rywWkYlmf

No Password is required; you do have to set up an account with the Golf Channel if you don't have one. 

I have never played this one in the past, so will be interesting to see how it goes. I also hope it is easy to join; TGC does not provide a lot of instruction on their site. We can do this one for 2018, get some feedback, and then decide for 2019 whether to keep with this one or hop over to the PGA Tour one (which has more similarities with Yahoo in terms of picking a lineup, but does have a complicated scoring system). 

Good luck to all TST Fantasy golfers. I hope you are having a good Christmas. BTW, someone on TGC has my GoGolfing tag, so I am now GoGolfingcanada in the new league; hoping it doesn't mess with my mojo! 

Hope the regulars @Club Rat @kpaulhus @Undr Par @Warren Zevon @Strat-Pack Rick @boogielicious @Wally Fairway @Carl Spackler @J M Brown @Shindig @Toffeelover @Ernest Jones can all come on board. 

Let me know how joining the League goes.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

• iacas pinned and featured this topic

I'm once again "TheClubRat" user.
Other notes for those who have accounts - If you've registered on any of the following sites then you are already in our network and can login using the same email address and password: Golf Channel, GolfNow, TeeTimes, Last Minute Golfer, Deal Caddy, Military Tee Times or GolfBids.

Golf Fantasy is part of a group of the world's leading tee time providers powered by Golf Channel.

The Sand Trap Fantasy Golf 2018

Commissioner: GoGolfingCanada

"Good luck to The Sand Trap members in another season of Fantasy Golf.
Go to the account tab on your page, and the rules are given in detail."

Everyone be sure to check out the points rules as they are much different than Yahoo.

@gogolfing - Question? I'm guessing the TST league is private and will members qualify for prizes also from the Golf Channel?
Thanks for setting this up again this year ....  :beer:

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, Club Rat said:

Everyone be sure to check out the points rules as they are much different than Yahoo.

@gogolfing - Question? I'm guessing the TST league is private and will members qualify for prizes also from the Golf Channel?
Thanks for setting this up again this year ....  :beer:

@Club Rat I am assuming it is Private, but the Golf Channel does not give a lot of details. Looks like to join you either have to have the link or an email invite, but it did not ask for a Password to set the league up like Yahoo did and the PGA Tour Fantasy does. As for prizes, I do believe we would all be eligible for the weekly prizes discussed on the rules page. 

I'd also note that when you sign up, it looks like you are assigned a random user name that contains mostly numbers and a few letters. If you go to the Account tab, then Account Settings, you can edit your User Name. 

10 hours ago, gogolfing said:

Hello TST Fantasy Golfers, 

As many of you know, Yahoo has dropped fantasy golf for 2018.  Some digging has been done, and a replacement has been found. The PGA Fantasy golf was looked at, but it started with the Fall segment so is 25% done, and some of us play that too, so we would not start off on an equal footing. @Undr Par found one on The Golf Channel, and it starts next week with the Tournament of Champions, so we figured it would be best. 

The format is different than Yahoo in that you set a roster of 6; each player is assigned a monetary value, and you have $100, 000 to spend per week on your roster. Points are given for scoring (set amount for birdies, eagles etc) along with placing for the tournament. A full list of rules can be found here: http://static.golfchannel.com/Fantasy/2018/2018-Golf-Channel-Fantasy-Contest-Official-Rules-FINAL.pdf

To join, go to the link below:

https://www.playfantasygolf.com/league/join/rywWkYlmf

No Password is required; you do have to set up an account with the Golf Channel if you don't have one. 

I have never played this one in the past, so will be interesting to see how it goes. I also hope it is easy to join; TGC does not provide a lot of instruction on their site. We can do this one for 2018, get some feedback, and then decide for 2019 whether to keep with this one or hop over to the PGA Tour one (which has more similarities with Yahoo in terms of picking a lineup, but does have a complicated scoring system). 

Good luck to all TST Fantasy golfers. I hope you are having a good Christmas. BTW, someone on TGC has my GoGolfing tag, so I am now GoGolfingcanada in the new league; hoping it doesn't mess with my mojo! 

Hope the regulars @Club Rat @kpaulhus @Undr Par @Warren Zevon @Strat-Pack Rick @boogielicious @Wally Fairway @Carl Spackler @J M Brown @Shindig @Toffeelover @Ernest Jones can all come on board. 

Let me know how joining the League goes.

I’ve joined, but they say to contact the commissioner to join and existing league.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

4 hours ago, boogielicious said:

I’ve joined, but they say to contact the commissioner to join and existing league.

try this link @boogielicious https://www.playfantasygolf.com/league/join/rywWkYlmf

and if that doesn't work, PM me your email and I can send you an invite that way.

Looking forward to it. I like the new format. 

• Like 1

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

I'm going to want to join and will set up later today.  Thanks for putting this together.

The description makes me miss ESPN's Best Ball league.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

17 minutes ago, Shindig said:

I'm going to want to join and will set up later today.  Thanks for putting this together.

The description makes me miss ESPN's Best Ball league.

Yes, trust me, I did one last search for ESPN Fantasy golf just in case there was a revival....no luck. I enjoyed their Best Ball league. I guess there are just not enough fantasy golf geeks out there to support them....though we TST seems prevalent with them! 

I am looking forward to trying the salary cap nature of TGC league. 

We have hit double digits in the league...don't forget to change your User Name from the random numerical one TGC provides, to one similar to your Sand Trap user name so we can keep track of things. 

I'll give it a go sounds like fun, just entered, but under js4strings, jsgolfer was already taken.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

2 hours ago, jsgolfer said:

I'll give it a go sounds like fun, just entered, but under js4strings, jsgolfer was already taken.

Great; welcome on board. You will enjoy it. We are up to 14 members. To see who is in the league, you have to do some digging:

Hit the blue view button on the right of the league page, then click on Leaderboard and it will show who is in. 

I know Yahoo had a limit of 50, no indication from TGC if there is a limit on this one. 

I'm in, and look forward to yet another middle-of-the-pack finish  :beer:

• Thumbs Up 1

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Great to see many returning, looking forward to the new scoring sys.

Hope others will try it out this season and we have a another competitive season.

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

I'm in as well. I didn't like the old scoring system mostly because I sucked.

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

I'm In!

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

Note: This thread is 1960 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!