IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 58

Sort of an odd day for me. Spent time ONLY with 2 clubs, my 3h and 7i. These are quite often the "after the tee" choices.

Lately I have gotten great distance and aim, but not the loft I should have expected.  So I focused on every shot on grip, position of the ball and most importantly, the face of the club in relation to MOI.  I can trust the markings on the shaft to help the start of set up, and I eye the face of angle and hope for result by open or closed.  

While I took only 25-50% swings, I became more comfortable with how I expect the basic flight to go. Never did this before. Felt good I was gaining a great expectation.  The shock for me was how comfortable it felt.  Now to crank up club speed nd a wicker sense of club direction.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

DAY 286   Started by spending a little more than an hour around the practice green working on my chipping technique.  Seven different drills including hitting chips while setting up with almost all of my weight on my left foot, my right foot only has the toe touching the ground.  I chip right handed.

Then a couple of hours on the range working on the backswing changes we made in my coaching session yesterday.  Getting closer!!

• Administrator

Day 214 - September 5, 2018 - Put in 90 minutes of work (which is probably closer to 70, as I took multiple very small breaks to walk into the shade or take a drink) on the range. Two pieces, really: the backswing being more "elbow" biased (feels a lot like only my arms move), and the downswing is with the right palm facing out, which forces my lower body to do a little more work. Good session.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 92 (missed yesterday, 9/4/18;  my second miss in the past 28 days, so I'm still good for a bit).  15 balls, indoors, on a mat, into a net, after work and before dinner. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 4

Went to the range and worked on my backswing piece. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Day 249

Just thinking. Too bad we don't change colors for each 100 days of practice. Bold red is getting old.

Just hit balls today, up to 130 yards, using my short irons, and wedges. No real focus, no swing thoughts on anything other than a palm tree for a target about 150 yards a way. 

Just went through my pre-shot routine, and hit the ball. Much like I do when playing for a score. All I was looking for was ball flights, on, or some what near my target line. 

Hit 56 balls after a few warm up swings. Results were better than average based on what I think is an acceptable dispersion width. 

Thinking about actually playing later on today. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 75, Sept 6

Mirror work at the gym focusing on pre-shot and setup. Playing my league 9 this afternoon. Hot and humid. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 50:

4-8-12 putting drill. Moved through this drill pretty fast. Less than 20 minutes. My putting is coming along nicely lately. 

Day 59

A 30 minute day of working on foot position with my 50º wedge trying to get a better command of distance, club speed, and club face to give my mind a better sense of using this club.  This is a well used club for me and the more I feel comfortable with it, the more I gain.  Feel good about the 10-50 yard range, not so much the 50-75.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 5, 

played 9 holes trying to make better backswings. For the most part things went well. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

DAY 287   Another solid day of practice.   60 minutes doing chipping drills working exclusively on technique.  Then 15 minutes of practicing putting from both 4 and 5 feet.  The two hours on the range working on changes to my backswing, and keeping a more steady head.

Finally out to the course for 9 holes from the most forward tees.   I am playing from them until I can accomplish 5 consecutive nine hole rounds under par.   Today I shot 35, which means I now have 3 consecutive rounds under par for the front nine at my course.  Hoping within the next couple of weeks, I can move back one set of tees.  I missed 3 greens, but, was able to get up and down twice.   So the chipping practice is paying off!!   My average Up/Dwn percentage is less than 20% ... that was until I started with some lessons and working hard on it this past month plus.   

Lesson tomorrow to see how I am progressing with the changes to my backswing.  Changes to my set-up seem to be in place and I am able to do that consistently.

• Administrator

Day 215 - September 6, 2018 - Some work with the SwingExtender while watching the PGA Tour replay. Was coaching all day at Ohio State University (well, not on the campus or the course), so not a lot of time to practice/play today.

4 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Day 17 - Range time. I worked exclusively on approach shots. 

You only have 17 posts here, so no, you aren't on day 17. You need to post EVERY DAY. Since you posted on day 16, this is actually day 2.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 37.

When I went to my car to get the walking cart out of my trunk because I'm playing tomorrow and riding I took my driver and took some swings in front of my apartment building to try and ingrain the feeling of swinging in to out. 

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Day 93.  A little over five minutes of indoor putting (floor/carpet, real balls, over the ruler drill from LSW). 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

7 hours ago, iacas said:

Day 215 - September 6, 2018 - Some work with the SwingExtender while watching the PGA Tour replay. Was coaching all day at Ohio State University (well, not on the campus or the course), so not a lot of time to practice/play today.

You only have 17 posts here, so no, you aren't on day 17. You need to post EVERY DAY. Since you posted on day 16, this is actually day 2.

I have to post every day or I have to practice every day?????
Look back at my posts. Most times I've put up posts that cover several days. 

For example every weekend I play golf. but I never touch my computer. So, this past 3 day weekend I didn't post on Friday (on which I played 18), Saturday (went to the range), Sunday (practiced), or Monday (practiced). Then I posted all of that on Tuesday. So, I practiced for 5 days, but didn't post for 5 days. 

Is the concept behind this thread to practice every day? Or is the concept to post every day? ….If I have to post everyday, forget it. If I have to practice every day then I'm all in. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• Administrator
3 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I have to post every day or I have to practice every day?????

You have to post every day. From the first post in this topic… look at the first rule (I added the italics):

On 12/31/2017 at 6:25 PM, iacas said:

5_minutes.svg.d4c131a17764cc67bea1183eb5Please read as the rules have changed!

Yes, for all of 2018! I'm changing it up. Rather than do this monthly, we're going to have an ongoing challenge. Here is how you can earn the coveted award you see to the left.

• Make a detailed post describing your practice every day during the month. "Going to the range later" doesn't cut it, nor does "worked on my chipping today."
  • Describe what you did for at least five minutes of practice (indoors or out, with or without golf balls, etc.).
  • No back-dating or pre-dating posts or practice sessions.
  • When you've gone four weeks (28 calendar days) in a row, missing at most two days, make your post in bold, red text to let everyone know that you're on a streak.
  • Every day after that, so long as you're still 26 of 28 or better, post in bold, red text.
  • If you had a streak, but lose it, post again in regular old black, non-bold text. Be honest; this is golf we're talking about.

Sorry you're out. You can post from a phone, you know…