IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 67.

Due to impending heat and a busy morning, up at first light to get my practice in.  20 minutes of pitching to a green about  60 yards out.  Goal was to get the ball in the green and to stop rather than roll off the green.  Mostly met this goal. Note: following LSW, my target was the green rather than the flag.  I would have left myself with an average of 10' for the first putt.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 257

LW, and PW full swing practice this morning. Spent more time with the LW. It's the tougher of the two for me. Focus was on ball first impact, and then the ground in front of the ball. Also on my one piece take away, and not lowering my rear shoulder during the down swing.  I also used my preshot routine on all shots. Hit 42 balls. 

After the full swings, I hit some chips, and pitches with the same clubs. My preshot routine came into play again, as it includes aim, alignment, and landing area. Hit 28 balls. 

Next up was the practice putting green. Place was way over crowded. I went with my "rabbit/dog" routine, which is putting to another ball.

My reads, and putting stroke were right on the money. (for a change). Had a few folks watching me hitting the other ball from 5-10 feet.  After about 20 excellent putts, I walked off the green like I really knew what I was doing. Little did they know. 

Going let the place clear out a little, and probably play 18 holes a little later. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

• Administrator

Day 223 - September 14, 2018 - Spent a little time on the range mostly demonstrating things to some students (college), but getting in a little practice myself as well.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

DAY 295    Rise and Grind.  I was out early for a couple of excellent hours of practice on the range using the Impact Snap to help with my release.  I do 4 reps with the Impact Snap Training Device then hit 4 balls ( I change clubs between almost every set from 5 -PW).  I did a few other drills I was assigned to continue to build a better full swing. 

Felt I was making good progress so headed out to play 18 holes.  As everybody knows, sometimes the transition to the course has some challenges.  There were times when I was out there that I thought -- "why can't I swing like I did on the *&^%$#@ range"      However, on the last hole, I did hit a beautiful Lob Wedge from 83 yards to 6 feet to finish with a smile!!   Shot 78 and was pleased that as much as I struggled I still was only 6 over from the White Tees (6,165 yards with a slope of 122). The other reason I was pleased is that the course had 6 holes that were cart path only ... resulting in lots of drives that almost plugged.  So the total carry was the only distance I was getting... NO roll, resulting in longer clubs into every green.

Day 100.  I think.  I missed yesterday, but I am fairly certain I still have 26 of the last 28 (but I missed 3 of the last 35 or so, so it's close;  I'll check before too long and renounce my award if that's the case).  There's some small chance this is really day 1 of my new run.

Anyway, today was a dozen full swings, indoors, mat, real balls, into a net.  Working on stance and setup.  I wish I had practiced more this week because I'm playing tomorrow with someone I have never played well in front of, and who is good at golf.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator

Day 224 - September 15, 2018 - Got ten minutes of putting practice in while watching some golf on TV and prepping for the day's tournament with the kids (college).

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 258

A little impromptu chip & putt contest while discussing stuff of no importance with an old friend. He was there to play a round of golf, and I was there for breakfast, with the thought of practice afterwards.  

Idea was to hole out from off the green, in fewer strokes than the other guy. Simple concept. We played 12 holes before they announced his name for the first tee. He was a good, respectful loser. I made $1.75 off of him. 

In My Bag:

Day 1, Sept 15

Missed a couple days due to work.  Worked today on set up and feel at the top through to A8 keeping arms straighter through impact. Worked from 8 iron to 5W to get same feel. I was hitting a bit towards the heel, so at the end worked on correcting that.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

DAY 296   Spent 15 minutes on the range warming up and continuing to work on my release.  Then 10 minutes on the putting green working on long putts (20-50 feet).    Then played 18 holes at Stoneybrook Golf Club at Heritage Harbor.  I shot 80 which was a little frustrating, since I started both 9s with a bogey then double bogey.... also I lipped out 7 putts!!!  On the great side, I shot 80 and enjoyed playing the round with a friend I went to high school with!!  We played on the high school golf team together back in the 1960s!!    Playing golf with friends is always fun.

Day 68

Worked on two types of shots: shot from the fairways with 175-200 to go.  So mainly 3h,4h,7h uses.  All were "ok". Did not get my normal lift due to a spirited wind coming in at me.  I got very close to the distances  needed without the loft.

7h was the best of the bunch as I was able to get better loft.

Also worked on 50-75yd paths to the green.  Focused most on getting to the green not to the pin.  Best results of the day. Left myself with "putts" which would have been highly makable.

An hours work; overall a B- grade.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 101.  Played, didn't play particularly well, but didn't do anything super poorly, except maybe putting.  Hit six GIRs but no birdie putts started form inside 30'.  Shortest birdie attempt came from the fringe over the second hole, didn't realize how downhill it was and didn't make the one coming back either.  GG link: http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Shindig/round/2386075

(I'll check tomorrow morning if today is really day 101 or day 2)

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 46

19 hours ago, Shindig said:

Day 100.  I think.  I missed yesterday, but I am fairly certain I still have 26 of the last 28 (but I missed 3 of the last 35 or so, so it's close;  I'll check before too long and renounce my award if that's the case).  There's some small chance this is really day 1 of my new run.

Anyway, today was a dozen full swings, indoors, mat, real balls, into a net.  Working on stance and setup.  I wish I had practiced more this week because I'm playing tomorrow with someone I have never played well in front of, and who is good at golf.

Congratz on getting to 100 days, @Shindig!

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Day 259

Took my non gamer muscle back mid iron to the dry lake area this morning. Had a good 4 mile walk hitting balls off the thin lies the dry lake bed offers.  Also had my dogs, Mik & Moose with me. The walk was just as much for their cardio benefits as it was for mine. 

Focus was on hitting the ball first. No fat shots. I started out hitting some fatties, but after hitting 10 +/- balls, I started getting my swing together for crispier ball contacts. The old "thin to win" scenario. After about 20 swings, I was catching most of the balls very clean, with very decent ball flights. 

I was not really focusing on anything golf specific, other than ball contact and hitting my chosen landing area. The landing area is between two clumps of sage brush, two fingers width in front of me..

It's an easy straight forward practice. I take three balls, my club, pick a landing area in front of me, hit the balls, walk to them and hit them again.

I carry a gps device with me, and when I get to the 2 mile mark, I turn around and head back to my truck, hitting balls. 

Since I am hitting 3 balls, I am getting about 28-30 full swings per mile. Sometimes I might hit a few punch shots, with abbreviated swings. I don't pay much attention to distances, since I get considerably much more roll after the carry due to the firmer surface. 

Just a fun walk in the cool morning air. 

In My Bag:

• Administrator

Day 225 - September 16, 2018 - Putting practice before our tournament round.

DAY 297   Out to the golf course before sunrise.,, so I had to wait 15 minutes until there was enough daylight to hit balls.  Hit balls for 15 minutes working with the Impact Snap training device..   Then headed out to play 18.  We played the Senior Tees today, I was even par through 10 holes, before we got rained out.  Hit 6 GIR, and got up/dwn 4/4.   As my release gets better, I am hitting the ball longer since I am compressing it better... so I am finding myself challenged with distance control.....  as a friend once said, "that is a  good problem to have."  

Day 2:

15 minutes working on some good  while hitting some foam balls in the yard. Making sure I don’t bring the club too far inside on way back and loop back around OTT.