IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 2, Sept 16

worked on my priority piece for about 40 minutes and filmed some face on swings. Then did some pitching and filmed that.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 69

Started a progressive putting program of 4 - 8 - 16 at the putting area of my DL.  As this was what I plan on being a 10 day to 2 week focus to improve my sense of pace of my putter.  Used 3 balls to work on either repeating or getting better.  C+/B- over all.  Pace was not good a lot of the time at 16, though other distances were "OK".  Even if I decide to work on other things at the DR this week, an added 30 minutes for putting will be worth it.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day ??.  Ten minutes with an 8-iron, indoors, mat, into a net.  Checked setup position in a mirror (behind me, none in front). 

Also I checked my last 28 days in this thread to see if yesterday was day 2 or day 101.  Turns out I missed August 17, Sept 4, Sept 13 -- that's 3 days in a 28 day window, so I'm out.  It also turns out I don't know where the counting goes, but either way, I did not break 100 days.  

@iacas : rules question.  Do I go back and start "one" at the start of the first window that doesn't have more than 2 misses in 28, or does the third miss in 28 days mean the next day is one?  If so, today is day 28 (missed 2 of last 30), otherwise today is day three.  Also there's a very high probability I haven't earned my accomplishment / accolade anymore.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 260

Worked on hitting balls off uneven lies for a few minutes this morning. Balls below/above my feet, and up/down side hill lies. 

Focus was on matching the slope with my shoulders. Choking down, or up on the club. Club selection based on loft, and ball position in my stance. Aiming right, or left of the target based on the ball position, relative to my stance. I also used my golf bag/trolley as a movable target. 

After the uneven lie practice, I finished up hitting 20 yard pitch shots with my LW. Focus was on hitting high flop shots, with a partially open club face,  that would drop, and stop near my target.  

Weather is perfect for a playing round later today. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

6'Day 70

Another day of focusing on my putts and covering distances.  Am better at 4' and 6' with the longer distance getting better if my goal is to get very close to the. hole.  Not so good in getting in the hole.  But, that is what focused practice is all about! Planning on a Wed. round.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

DAY 298    Spent 80 minutes on the range continuing to work with the Impact Snap training device to improve my release...   then played 9 holes of golf.  Played the first hole from the most forward tee, then moved back a tee every hole, ...  trying to do something different so I am hitting different clubs into par 3s, different clubs in the greens on the other holes, etc. etc.  I was three over par, the par 5 Fifth hole at almost 600 yards was the killer.  I hit a bad tee shot and had to chip back into the fairway, ... ended up with a double bogey.  With my length off the tee, I can play 6200 and below, when I am playing over 7000 yards, it is a challenge to score since I am hitting hybrids into some of the par 4s, and par 3s, ... and not able to reach some of the par 5s in regulation.

• Administrator

Day 226 - September 17, 2018 - Played three holes hitting multiple shots. Focused on contact and did pretty well with it… 🙂

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 3:

Played 18 holes at Heron Lakes. My old home course. Shot 85. Great ball striking for me, poor short game (inside 100 yards) led to some blow up holes. 

Day 261

Just some putting practice this morning after dropping the youngsters off at their school.

Focus was on reads, and alignment. It was a good practice session.  

In My Bag:

Day 4, Sept 18

Went to the beach early and worked on sand shots. Focused on set up; wider stance, right shoulder feeling higher, hands low, then on slowing down the backswing and keeping pitch elbow. Sand was a bit soft, but I got the feels down.

Then I went and played a Par 3 course. My first tee shot, a 7 iron, went to 5 feet! It was windy and poured on me for 5 minutes, but I had my rain gear.

The rest of the round I had good tee shots and worked on sand and short game. The wind was gusting to 30, which made for some fun on some holes. Went up two clubs on a 170 yarder with my 3H and flow over the green! Tried again with the 4 iron and got it to 15 feet. 

Course was empty, so I worked on a bunch of things. But my tee shots were very good.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 71

Again, basic putting 3 ball at 4', 6' and 8'. 4' with a quite solid consistency, 6' fairly good with about a 10%  miss rate, 8' often a 2 putt result, but nice up rate. Tomorrow is a 9 hole round at the local executive course.  If weather cools downs as expected, may play 18

DAY 299    Goal accomplished now I get to move back a set of tees!!!   Shot under par for my fifth consecutive 9 hole score from the Red Tees (most forward tees).  Shot 34 which included a couple of birdies -- putts were 7 1/2 and 10 feet.

Spent quite a bit of time on the range working with my Impact Snap training device then hitting balls and also hitting balls off a steep downhill lie to help promote getting on top of the ball versus hanging back.  Finished off the day with having to two putt from distances ranging from 20-60 feet.

Day 4: 

About 10 Minutes of Pitching work from deep rough before I had to leave to go catch my flight. Playing golf in Colorado on Thursday! 

• Administrator

Day 227 - September 18, 2018 - Hit some putts before the tournament. The kids would end up playing pretty badly, unfortunately.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I missed yesterday (Sept 17) too, so I'm starting over at one.  9/18 seems a good time to do that.

Day one.  For 15 minutes after work and before a social engagement, I stopped at my home course and used the putting green.  I worked mostly on 10' putts, lining up and making sure I got them to the hole.  Or, at least, I tried to.  I didn't track anything in particular, but I saw enough go in and made enough putts coming back that I'm happy.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 261

Just some putting practice this morning after dropping the youngsters off at their school.

Focus was on reads, and alignment. It was a good practice session.  

In My Bag: