IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

DAY 347     Spent a couple of hours on the range, after warming up I used the JetStick to work on increasing clubhead speed.  Then spent the remainder of the time working on Key #1 Steady Head... used a couple of different drills with a 7 iron and PW.   Also worked on Key #2 Weight Forward.   

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Day 265 - November 5, 2018 - Pitching practice outside. Almost got to 60° today, so I went in the back yard when I had a few minutes. Had to watch the ball or it was easy to lose in the leaves.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 52:

18 holes of Short Game golf. -3 for bogey golf. Not bad, 5 pars and 2 doubles. 28% scrambling. Got real hot with the wedge and putter near the end. 

Day 117

Today and tomorrow will be somewhat pinched for me in terms of Practice.  I am a district Inspector of Elections.  So I will primarily sneak off, as I did today, to work on my stance and to exercise the hips.  I will be back on regular schedule Thursday.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 25: Putting, working on my bead with the yardstick drill.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 59.  Plans after work didn't keep me from doing five minutes of pitching (gap wedge, half shots) when I got home.  Indoor, mat, into net, real balls. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 309

Spent 30 minutes swinging my Kallassy club. 10 reps at a time, with a minute, or so between reps. 

This is more of an exercise for me, than a golf swing drill. Just giving the various muscles in my swing a pretty good, fast paced work out. 

I am not even sure they still sell this practice, swing club. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 32, November 6

Mirror work at the gym hitting foam balls into a net. Focused on low hands at A6. I also worked on a feel of my left shoulder continuing to rotate up as I get to A6 and onto A7.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

DAY 348   Rise and Grind... out early and spent almost 3 hours on the range continuing to work on a Key #1 Steady Head and Key #2 Weight Forward.  Used a couple of different drills..   Also used the JetStick to work on increasing swing speed.   Hoped to get in some putting practice when the started sanding the greens!!!  :-)    

Day 53:

Work prevented me from having a lot of range time but I did get 20 minutes on the Putting green. Conducted my favorite lag putting drill, 3 point (sometimes I do 5 point). Only took me one attempt from 10,30,40, and 50 feet! Pretty good day. 20 feet took two attempts and 60 feet took 7 attempts. So I struggle from 60 feet...but who doesn’t?😁

• Administrator

Day 266 - November 6, 2018 - Golf-specific workout today, with some putting as well.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 26: Mirror work on that downswing shallowing feel again.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 60.  Enjoyed some pitching practice at home this evening (in contrast to usual Tuesday night putting). 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 118

Only thing I could do, due to all time voter turnout in the district where I was the election Inspector, was to do exercises for hip turn.  About 20 minutes overall back to clubs tomorrow

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 310

Just some dry swing exercise this morning. Trying to loosen up for the 18 holes I plan to play later. 

These are non stop repetitive swings for me. I start out slow, and easy, and gradually get faster. Started with my SW, and finished up with my Kallassy club. 

On a different note, last night, while checking the RV in, I won a free 30 minute instruction with one of the local pga folks. We'll see how it goes. Pretty sure it's not totally free, since I am sure a gratuity will be expected. (lol) I will obligingly do the right thing. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 54: 

Shank city again today. My work isn't working lol. Even practicing slow swings I am shanking or topping the ball. I play this weekend so I will likely just hit little 50% punch shots around the course just to get around. I think its time for a lesson, but will probably be next spring before that happens. 

• Administrator

Day 267 - November 7, 2018 - Spent some time analyzing my statistics for launch conditions on various clubs to see if there are any weaknesses. Just the slight toe bias at this point, otherwise, launch is pretty good.

Day 349      Stayed up WAY TOO late watching the election returns.     So did not get out until 10:30 a.m.   Just got home 5 hours later.  Spent 4 of those hours working on my swing and distance control with my putter.   Used the JetStick again after warming up to work on improving swing speed.  Then lots of time doing drills to help with improving Key #1  Steady Head and Key #2 Weight Forward....  I am making progress :-)   

Then went to the putting green to work through a drill on distance control.   I had to putt 20 balls in a row into a 3 foot circle around the hole from 20 feet, then when completed 30 feet and finally 45 feet.  If I miss I had to start back at the beginning at that distance.   Easily did the 20 and 30 foot distances in one try.   Had to re-do from 45 feet 4 different times before successfully completing the drill at that distance.

Edited by JuanTheGolfer