IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 4:

Busy packing for a move tomorrow, but found an hour between rain showers to sneak over to the range. Just worked on distance control with wedges and was happy with it. 

Day 173:

Worked on the basic stroke I used for all wedges.  Main effort was making sure I would strike the ball squarely and continue through with the stroke after contact.  It was good with the 56º and the 60º, good loft, cary, and direction.  Took about 15 shots with all three clubs.  I still need to work with not finishing left with the 50º.  While I ended up on the green, I want to continue to work on what way be affecting the left finish, though, to be honest, it was not too bad.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 3.  Hit six and a half dozen pitches in my golf practice room (indoors, off mat, into net, real balls).  Since my "bucket" size there is 39 balls, yes, I went through them twice.  My focus was on setup and finishing the backswing before doing the forward swing, something I have gotten away from a bit.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 5:

Moving to a new house in an hour, but woke up early enough to go to the range. War,Ed up then “played” 18 holes in my head on the range. 

Day 369

Finally warmed up enough around here for one layer, early morning practice. I like early mornings. 

Today it was Paul Runyon's chipping method using my putting stroke. It really is an easy, accurate way to chip. In my case the stroke is virtually identical to my putting stroke. I even use the same stance/ set up as in my putting stroke. 

I can use various clubs with this stroke. Since I am using my putting stance, I am in a more upright position. This means the club is also in a more up right position. This also means the lie of the club has the heel up, off the turf, with the toe of the club closer to to the turf. I hit the ball a little more off the toe of the club. With impacts closer to the toe, I also close the club face a little to hit my line.  Depending on the club, I will also need to choke down sometimes.

I can't remember the last time I hit a fatty using this chipping syroke. 

I have even been know to hit some shorter pitch shots using this set up, and stroke. 

Today's practice was to chip my retired gamers, close enough to the cup for a higher percentage of one putts. Two putts were acceptable. A three putt meant I really screwed the pooch on that series of practice strokes. Most likely due to a bad read, or ball speed. 

Focuses were on hitting my chips' landing areas, green reads for the chips, and putts as needed. I hit balls from various areas around the green, to diiferent cup locations. Flat, uphill, downhill, and side hill rolls were all included. Just like the chips, and putts I have when playing for a score. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 5, January 5

15 mins putting - working on taking back on a straight line and a consistent pace through the ball.

5 mins mirror work - keeping head over the ball

1 hour hitting 8i with a focus on backswing position.

Day 91, January 5

Range today due to light rain. Good practice. Warmed up with my stretching and light swings. First 20 minutes I worked on my priority piece with head set up and pitch elbow from A4- A6. I did mostly my 7 iron, but then a few with driver and PW. Next 20 I rotated through the clubs with driver, 7 iron, PW, 54 and 58 taking shots. Focused on the same feels. With the 54 and 58, only did partial swings. Last 20 did partial wedges and pitching focusing on what distance I was getting.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 20:

15 minutes hitting foam balls with a 9 iron.  Priced I have been crowding the ball again (dummy!) so I worked on a proper distance from ball and what do you know good solid contact lol! 

DAY 406    Out by 9 in by 1!!   Spent 3 plus hours on the range, with my continued focus on working through the drills on pages 170-173 of "Train For Golf Like an Olympian."  These drills focus on positions and your overall motion.  Swung the Orange Whip a lot trying to build strength, flexibility and better tempo.  Looking forward to playing some golf tomorrow!!!

Day 4.  Played Wilson, probably the toughest of the courses I play semi-regularly.  I usually forget how tough the course is and think I'm doing worse than I am.  Today was no different, an 88 but good for a 14.8 differential.  Also, for the first time in my life, I had three birdies in the round (two very short putts after great approaches, but also sank a ~20 footer).  I also had 5 doubles and a triple.  

2475558_uJdob9Kk.png

View this round on GAME GOLF

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 174:

FINALLY back to hitting full shots off turf and tee!  While the use of my orange device has been solidly good, forcing me not to be lazy; it was now time to get ready to preparing me for full golf this week.

Decided to start the routine with my 6i.  It was good in both warm-up mode and full swing shots.  Shots were consistent 145-150 yards with a bit of a fade at the end of each shot.  As a result, I was feeling fairly good about myself right off the bat.  On to my favorites: my hybrids.  3h was not too bad: about 175-180 and fairly straight, even the 1 out of the 10 which was a good old fashioned worm-burner got to 145 or so.  Loft was good, not great and none of the shots were off line enough to concern me.  Same basically for the 4h.  160-165, though a few more were subject to s finish more to the right and ended up 5-8 yards off a straight line.  5H was ending up right around 150 off the turf but 170 or so off the tee.  This was the only one of the hybrids that had a bit of a slice.  Not fully sure what was the reason because, off the top my head, I could find no real cause.  But as the slice came on only 2 of the 10 turf and 1 out of the 8 tee tries, I will concern myself as to a correction a bit later!

Ending the day with the driver, I was experimenting with a slightly lower tee height, as I was somewhat hitting quite high loft with so-so distance the days before my vacation.  Today, loft ended up less of a moon shot and distance was hanging between 190 -200.  Line was a bit scattered from +/- left or right of center by about 10 yards or so.  They may have to be considered on line as I had not hit a driver in just under 12 full days and I may have thought I were that good to hit it fully centered every shot.

Tomorrow, I will be having an "off the tee" day with driver, 3w, 7 and 8.  Making sure I am not trying to over hit, so called smash to impress as well as keeping the swing though the full end of the shot.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

• Administrator

Day 326 - January 5, 2019 - SuperSpeed… and a little putting. Thankful I could even do that, today, as my legs are still killing me after doing 108 weighted lunges two days ago. Per leg. Way, way too many.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 85: Changed it up a bit today and worked on my pitching motion. Checking that my set up is good and that my motion is good. Working on making sure I'm keeping the face open at impact mostly.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 370

Metal wood practice this mornings since turf conditions are pretty wet from the steady light rain last night. Hit my D, 3 ,4, 5, & 7 woods. 

Focus was on using my preshot routine, starting with getting my landing area aim point, and finishing up at the start of my one piece take away. 

Hit balls both ree'd up, and off the turf. Finished up just prior to management going to "mats only".

In reality the main purpose of this morning practice session  was just being out of doors, doing something.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 6, 6 January 

1 hour and 10 minutes using SkyTrak off a mat, working on my swing plane. Main focus is coming from inside as I start my down swing. Also working on releasing through the ball.

15 min carpet putting from 12 feet. Working on taking the club back straining.

Just now, Wjf67 said:

Day 6, 6 January 

1 hour and 10 minutes using SkyTrak off a mat, working on my swing plane. Main focus is coming from inside as I start my down swing. Also working on releasing through the ball.

15 min carpet putting from 12 feet. Working on taking the club back straining.

Straining = straight line

Day 21:

10-15 minutes hitting foam balls with 6 iron. Worked on set up position as solid contact with proper feel of coming at it from the inside. Mostly good contact. 

Day 6:

Beautiful day today. Went to the range. Worked with mirror vision on the range. Took a long time and tried to make the swings feel more realistic with time between them. One of my issues on the range is starting nice and slow but end up pounding balls with no rhyme or reason.  

Day 92, January 6

Worked on my priority piece and filmed my drills and swing. I was  some progress then it started to snow on me! You know, white lumpy rain! 😜

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave