IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 399

Range work this cooler, damp morning. More rain in the forcast so I thought I'd make use of turf before it goes to "mats only". Wore an extra layer of clothes, which of course cramped my swing. Probably for the better.

Same routine. Visually made myself a smallish fairway using the distance flag poles. Target was a flag pole in the center of my make shift fairway. I never use the full width of the driving range, since it is 7 or 8 times wider than any real fairway I might encounter. 

After I warmed up, I just played 18 holes on the range, using my home course's 18 hole layout, that I am very familiar with. This included a few forced carries, trouble left, or right, safe landing areas near greens, and dog legs. 

This session was more for just swinging the club, and noting the results of the various ball flights. I just wanted to keep all balls in, or near my made up, fairway boundaries. 

I used my pre-shot routine on most of my shots.. 

Since I was using a mix of well used range balls, I made allowences for distances, and a few, really strange ball flights. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 120, February 4, 62 Frickin’ Degrees!

Practiced in shorts 😄. Worked on my priority piece and filmed. Did 7 iron and driver. Then I did SS training. 98/108 with the green. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 197 (or Day 206 Depending On How My Sick Days are Counted!)

Back among the living!!!

The last week was miserable!  I ended up with a  harsh viral infection that caused me to stay in bed and incognito for a full 9 days. I mean not get out of bed miserable. But daily golf work was not totally eliminated.  I hope the 5 Minute Gods will forgive me!

While I am finally up and about and full of energy, it will still be another two or three days before I am at full force.  Medications are wonderful, but they tended to keep me asleep and a bit incoherent for over the week. Add my age and diabetes, I no longer can shake such items in the 3 days it used to take.

Not sure how to put this as a daily practice!  I did grip my club at lest for a few minutes every day and, when able to raise up and get on my feet, I went through the foot portion of my swing routine.  I also took time to re-read as much of LSW as I could before I was taken off to dreamland courses.  So this was my routine for the last 8 days, but I was SO much out of it, I barely logged into my computer to erase email!  As well, I did not want to write "still sick, see yesterday for my golf routine", and truth be told, that is all I could have written.

Today, I was up at my usual time and felt good.  Not wanting to push myself, I did 20 minutes with the Orange Whip® and felt really loose by the end of the morning.  I then went out and took 50 strikes with my 6i with only the goal of good hits being my motivation.  Felt good and when I evaluated the hits, they were mainly well within range and line I hoped for.  Tomorrow I will hit my hybrids, Wednesday I will go through all the irons with a full club run through on Thursday and round on Friday!

Edited by DrMJG

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

DAY 444!!!     Spent 2 hours on the range working on my posture, and staying in posture during the swing.  And of course rotating versus swaying on the backswing.  Then headed over to the putting green for 90 minutes working with the Pelz Putting Tutor to get feedback on my skill in starting the ball on line, and then with the Pelz Putter Clips to work on centeredness of hit.

Day 8:

Crazy day at work (it’s gonna be a tough week). Supposed to be a driver day but just got 15 minutes of work in my garage with my 8i. Worked on forearm rotation. I am definitely not pulling the ball with most shots starting right of my target. Not sure if the ball is a straight push or a draw but I’m glad not to be cutting across the ball from outside in. 

• Administrator

Day 356 - February 4, 2019 - Went to a Club Champion fitting today. Got to learn a lot.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 115: Full swing mirror work. Working on trying to get the hands more forward at impact.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 36, 5 February 

10 minutes working on swing path from top of backswing through the ball. Used 7i, driver and 9i.

Then carpet putting, working on set-up and stroke. Persisted until I got 10-in-a-Row from 5ft and 10ft.

Day 400

Wet, cold out there this morning. The cold being relative to our area. Not anywhere near that deep freezer stuff going on in the mid west. 

Just some short pitches this morning. Maybe up to 40 yards. Just looking for decent, on target ball flights, with minimum dispersions. Hit 42 balls. 

Carry tarqet was a pond of water left over from last night's rains. It was there, so I figured I might as well use it. It served a purpose. Had several "splash downs".....

Once I had my intermediate target, and club face alignment figured out, I would just step into my stance, and put a swing on the ball. 

Just a simple practice routine that pays dividends when playing for a score. 

In My Bag:

DAY 445    Got out early -- Rise and Grind.  Spent almost 3 hours on the range, working through drills from "Train for Golf Like An Olympian."   The drills focused on the 6 positions in the swing, and then motion drills to help with the motion of the swing.   Classic Gary Gilchrist 101..

Then headed to the putting green to use the Pelz Putting Tutor to get feedback and train on starting the ball on line, and then used the Pelz Putter Clips to get feedback and train on centeredness of hit.  Finished with a game of 21 from 15 feet.  So 60 plus minutes on the putting green. Tomorrow rinse and repeat!!

Day 121, February 5, 63F!

Worked on my priority piece again and filmed. Did mostly 3/4 effort swings and added extending through impact. Finished with 1/2 PW work and this:

• Like 2

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 9:

Worked on my bump and run game around the greens today. Probably 15 minutes or so. Just trying to survive a crazy week. 

Day 116: Feel like I'm getting to be a little Pinky and the Brain, doing the same thing every night, ha. Full swing mirror work again today. Working on getting my hands forward a bit more at impact, along with closing the face in transition a bit more.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 207:

Very busy day of trading people in the field of suicide prevention, but still enough open time to allow myself to focus on returning to thoughts of golf.

Started off with Orange torture device swings with a focus on goo line of the swing and keeping the full range of the shot sequence in play.  Where I have found this to be the most useful in making sure the whole motion of a swing follows one part into another.  If I am off, I feel it almost immediately.  As I have said before, it seems like a work of highly planned out choreography. And for me, as when I have danced on stage, I feel that it needs to appear effortless but in reality I need to concentrate one point leading and connecting to the next.  Of the 40mswings I had taken, it seems amazingly natural nd only a few felt tense and tight.

As I planned, I took twenty stacks with my 3h, 4h and 5h.  First few with my 3h felt forced and clumsy.  As I reminded myself of the aspects from my note of a good hybrid smack, it began to feel as if they were one long action.  Directions became solid and after a few more swings, I initiated good launch.  By the time the 5h was employed, I graduated to good, predictable strokes.  I finished by rounding back to the 3h and employed much better technique and results.

I noted a need to get to those results more quickly and not take say 8 holes to feel good about the hybrids.

I made notes into my notebook and a reshot checklist.  Physically the shots felt good but I have allowed to may things to be in the way.

7-9i tomorrow and Thursday once though the bad before weekend rounds.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 37, 6 Feb 2019

Carpetting putting, sets of 3 balls, a minimum of 4 sets, where 2/3 balls must be holed, or that set doesn’t count. Did this from 6ft, then 12ft.

Swing plane working, using skyTrak. Used 8i, then 4 hybrid.

Day 401

Waited for it to warm a little this morning. 

Just an easy morning hitting chips, and pitches, using my wedges. 

Focuses were on reads for landing areas. Club selection for needed distances. Club face, and intermediate target alignments. Stepping into my stance, and (putt) stroking the ball.

Idea was to have the ball wind up in, or near the targeted hole. .  

In My Bag:

Day 122, February 6, 36F

worked a bit on my priority piece with extending through impact. Went with the feel of the left shoulder rotating back and around.

Followed with SS training. Had 111/106 with the green and 93 with the driver after.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Day 358 - February 6, 2019 - Putting in the basement to test out the Puttist. Review forthcoming (two months).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets