IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 2:

More work with the 6 iron and foam golf balls today. Struggled a little bit as I tried to speed up the swing today and hit some more full shots than usual with the feel and things got a bit sloppy. I will slow down some more. 

Edited by HJJ003

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 406

Just another crisp, cool,  leisurely morning on the range again. Same as yesterday. Used various targeted landing areas, using various swings, while using various clubs.  

Hit a little bit of everything , one club at a time. Full, normal swings. Abbreviated swings. Lobs, pitches, and punch shots.  No raking of the balls. Took my time between swings.  Both off the turf, and some tee'd up.

Some balls landed close to my targeted areas. Others landed close enough, and of course, others were not so close. 

Although not a great way to practice, sometimes it's fun to just smack balls "out there". No pressure, rhyme, or reason. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 3: 

Long range session for me today. Hit 5iron and 4 hybrid and focused on both shallowing the club and bringing the club back properly. The second had the biggest impact on solid contact, especially on the full shots. 

Day 127, February 11

Worked on a new piece today, having hips pointing to target at A8-9. I still am keeping an eye on the other items too,  it I’ve made a lot of progress on them. Had a hard time getting loose/warm today though, so I did not do SS training. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

DAY 451   Really busy day as the week of the LECOM Suncoast Golf Classic begins.... and I am the chair of the Volunteer Headquarters, .. so the for the next several days, I will be putting my 5 minutes in at the end of the day, in my home office working with my shortened iron and the door frame, .... so just finished taking lots of slow swings, and then standing in the doorway to insure I am not swaying on the backswing nor sliding too much on the downswing.

Day 213:

Ran through a number of clubs with a eye on not over thinking! Concentrated on ball position in relation to stance and making sure the club face was square and at a good angle in relation to the club design and a brief check on grip.  It may sound as if it were a lot but I think I may have spent 45 seconds to a minute at most.

Then I took the whack!

The clubs I used were my 3h, 4h, 5h and driver.

Working hard to have a comfortable oneness with the hybrids.  And today, we seemed to be in agreement.  The biggest item was not playing the ball too far forward in the stance. When that issue was resolved on the 3h, flight launch, direction were sold) I finally have 3 clubs I can steadily count on..

Biggest disappointment was the 3h.  It primarily gave me very good loft angle and direction, but it also gave me 10--15% less yardage!  My coach could not find anything overtly wrong with the culprits of grip, swing path, address or use of the basic body in the swing.

This was true especially if you looked at the 3h compared to the 4h and 5h.  Those clubs gave me near ideal smacks.  While I began to warm up for my driver, my coach asked if I knew my hybrids were not the same flex of shaft.  It was then I discovered that the 3h was a stiff hot while the others were senior.  The shafts looked the same at first glance as they had the same manufacturer. What also gave my coach the urge to look at the shaft was that with the 3h, I was struggling to get ball speeds above 70 while the other hybrids were upper 80s to mid 90s on a very, very consistent basis.  So tonight the 3h is off to Ping to re-shaft as a senior flex.

Today was really fun in not over thinking and letting my coach tell me what I needed to do.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

• Administrator

Day 363 - February 11, 2019 - Busy day so I had to settle for doing stuff in the reflection of the glass windows on the patio doors.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 122: Full swing mirror work again today. Working on set up and grip, along with not rolling my forearms too much from A1 to A2.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 42, 11 February 

Posted a day late.

15 minutes carpet putting, working on a drill to get my distance control and set-up right. I did this from 12ft and 4ft.

Day 407

Third morning in a row on the range just swinging various clubs and sending the ball to various targeted landing areas. As before, some land close, some close enough, and others not so close. 

Not just raking the balls. After hitting a ball, I clean my club, put it back in the bag, and grab a diffetent club. I may tee the ball up, or I might decide to hit the ball off the turf. 

Based on which ever club I pull. I then acquire a targeted landing area that matches up with the that club's distance, and just put a swing on the ball. This is just the opposite of what I would do when playing for a score. When playing, after seeing the lie, and the distance, I would pull the appropriate club. 

I would say this is not a good way to practice, but for the past few days, I just wanted to "smack" the balls around for no apparent reason. If a problem (ball flight) were to show up, I would put more mental focus on my practice routine. 

There are no real swing thoughts going on, and my club selection decisions  are as random as I can make them.

There was no preconceived plan on my part to practice like this, three days in row. Part of the reason is the course has added thousands of new range balls, so the consitency of ball flights is a plus. Use those new balls now before they become thoroughly worn out. Maybe it's a mini vacation from my normal practice routines. 

Plan is to play 18 holes a little later today. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 128, February 12

Filmed indoors hitting foam balls. Worked on my new piece with partial swings for about 30 minutes. Followed with golf specific resistance workout.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 4: 

Putting day, but the practice green I use was in such bad shape it made practicing inside 10 feet kind of pointless. I spent some time working on speed control on lag putts, but that was about all I could do. I hope they get the green up to the standards it used to be shortly. 

• Administrator

Day 364 - February 12, 2019 - Busy day so mirror work and putting while watching The Pelican Brief.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

DAY 3

At the range today. Worked on steady head. Didn't have my mount so wasn't able to video for Evolvr but will get that done this weekend. As always, mirror work with setup and take away this evening. Seem to do so well when using the mirror. Put a ball down and it's Dr. Jekyll.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Day 123: Decided to do some aimpoint work today. Spent 5 minutes with the slope board, trying to get back my slope feels. I think I'm making some progress here.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 214:

Called in two sub at the last minute, before I left I did foot work during the swing.  It was followed by about 15 minutes during lunch with the Orange Wonder.  So I felt great about what I could do without hitting the little round target.  I will be working til the end of the week, but I will be able to stop at the range on the way home as I will only be working in the AM- until early afternoon (unless I need to stay).

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).