IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 410

Didn't bother going to the course this am. Figured it would be still soggy after yesterday's soaker. 

So it was some indoor carpet stuff (putts/chips) for about 10 minutes, or so, with probably more through out the rest of today. 

Right now,  I am going to kick back with a warm beverage,  and read some of Penick's Little Red Book. Lots of good stuff in that book.  

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 7: 

Yesterday was first missed day of this cycle. Today was a great practice. Partial wedge day mainly with some full Pas thrown in for good measure. Hit to targets at 20, 40, 60, 80, and 100 yards and had to hit three balls within an acceptable range (to my eye) of the target before moving to the next target. Solid day. 

• Administrator

Day 377 - February 15, 2019 - Got to Golf Evolution about two hours before I was needed for some lessons. Wrote up the TRUE post, and then got in ten minutes of nice dedicated practice on the full swing stuff. Getting to where the downswing has a bit more speed.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 131, February 15

Rainy day but got to the covered range. Did some priority piece work, but worked mostly on partial wedges, 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4 feel with 58, 54, 50 and PW.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

DAY 454     There will be a time when I am NOT posting, but, not today!!  Spent 5 minutes in my home office with my shortened club and doing partial swings in the door frame to help me with keeping my head still when turning on my backswing and then into impact.

Day 126: played 9 holes. Struck the ball reasonably well given the 20+ mph winds. Then spent about 20 minutes working on pitching and chipping. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 4

Hit GW at lunch. Did SpeedGolf training. Putted with the Putting Arc and metal yard stick. 

Swung some with the Driver in front of a mirror.

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

Day 47, 16 February- Part 1

Pitching from +30ft out. 100+ balls, working on connected feel (shoulder rotation), passive hands and pace of the stroke.

Day 217:

Day ended with a quick 9 holes.  Really was one of the best I have ever shot, 4 GIR, no penalties, only one 6 and putting was fairly good.

However: when I took the ball out of the last hole, the gods of golf indicated they were fooling with me as I pulled my back solidly though I was able to limp to my care and then limp into my house.  Heating pads and Tiger Balm® did the trick.  So I suspect I will have a gentle practice on Saturday!

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 411

30-40 minutes of short game stuff this am. 20-60 yard shots.  Some putting. Conditions were damp, but manageable. Turf was a little long due to lack of scheduled mowing. Greens were a little slow, due to the same two reasons. 

I figure they will catch up with the mowing in the short game area later today. 

Used various clubs, and back swing lengths. Focus was on crisp, ball first contact. Used an intermediate target about 12-18 inches in front of the ball for aiming purposes for the club face. That intermediate target worked in conjunction with my targeted landing area.

Also paid attention to my body posture, and alignment, which worked in conjunction with my club face, and targeted landing areas. 

Drier conditions should be back to normal in a day or two. Been wetter, and colder for this area, for this time of year. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 132, February 16, 41F

worked on my priority piece for about 20 minutes. Finished with some partial wedge shots.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

DAY 455   Spent 5 minutes this evening in my home office working on positions in the swing with my shortened iron.  Trying to help my right shoulder/elbow do a better job of internal rotation.

• Administrator

Day 378 - February 16, 2019 - Hit balls for about ten minutes after the Junior Elite Program for the day. Rotated the mat around as the one side was getting worn.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 8:

Hit foam balls with my 6 iron. Shots didn’t feel as crisp as they have this past week. Was hitting the ball a little thin and a bit pushy. 

Day 218:

Despite a day that started with a pulled back, I was still able to spend about eo minutes with half -3/4 swings with my wedges.

All felt good and it was all I could to to keep myself from attempting full swings.  I decided I could simply weight until I was feeling 100%.  Tomorrow I will do a one though the bag.  Monday will be another executive course corse to take my sense of new found gam to put towards the test.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 1 - 15 minutes putting, eye-to-ball alignment:

A bit late to this topic, but I dug out my old golf mat today and practiced 15 minutes of putting. Did short and long-distance puts with a focus on eye-to-ball alignment and not looking up to see where the ball rolls after impact.

Nave

Day 127: Going simple today for my mirror work. Just doing 5 minutes on my set up and grip. I could tell I was getting lazy with both during my round yesterday.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint: