IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 5

Played 18 today.Β Β 

Did not have good speed control on my putts today. Greens were way faster than they looked.Β 

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway:Β GBBΒ Epic SpeedΒ 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3WΒ :callaway:Β Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:Β  Epic FlashΒ 21Β deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway:Β Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping:Β G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges:Β :ping:Β Glide 58 deg
Putter:Β :bettinardi:Β ArmlockΒ Β :aimpoint:Β Express
Β :titleist:Β golf bag, Blue Tees RF

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 412

Nice easy morning on the driving range, just hitting balls again.Β 

1/4-1/2-3/4 and full swings using various clubs, and targeted landing areas.Β 

The routine was simple. I would pick a club at random. Pick the back swing I wanted to use. Match the swing yardage up with that club. Then pick a target. Using my abbreviated preshot routine, I would step into my stance, and hit the ball.Β 

After that I would clean my club, put it back in my bag, and pull another one .

"Easy Peasy", as the young caddy said.Β 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 48, 17 FebruaryΒ 

Three sessions today.

1. Driver, 40 mins, working on rotation up through the ball.

2. 6i & 8i, 30 mins, turning my upper body on backswing and walking through the ball to my finish.

3. Long driver competition, using SkyTrak, to test distances with 4 different balls.

Day 133, February 17

Pitching work in the backyard for about 15 minutes.

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 220:

Well, the back isΒ about 70% better, so I felt very comfortable working with my 60ΒΊ to spend some time on both the loft of the shot and direction. Most of the shots were 50 yards out and the green is aΒ rather wide and a bit narrow. Β That gave me a lot of "green" to work with.

I still am working on better aim. Β I have been able to do well landing it on on theΒ green, as I am able to do just as well in rounds. Β 

Now, I would love to get the shots toΒ die a bit closer to the pin.

I do not use the pin as myΒ target, rater I make a mental target area near the pin. Β 

Today, most fell well within my 10' first goal and many had slight rolls to within 8'-6'. Β Not perfect, but this is the first day I really concentrated on drop and roll. Β I could do better. but for a first really effort on making the lob shots better, I walked awayΒ after 30 shots, feeling fairly satisfied.

In My BELDINΒ Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bagΒ :Β Β :ping:Β G410Β Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr, Β GX-7 Β (acting as aΒ 3 wood)Β Β :ping:Β 4H, 5H.Β SrΒ FlexΒ Β Β :ping:Β  G400 6i Sr Flex,Β G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0 Β Wedges (50ΒΊ,Β 56ΒΊ, 60ΒΊ) Β :touredge:Β  Chipper Β :ping:Β Putter:Β Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:Β Β e12 for the items IΒ try to hit on purpose.Β Β :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (withΒ PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 2 - Slow motion swings at home for 15 minutes.

I split it into 5 minutes of wedge with a focus on grip and clubhead angle, 5 minutes of six iron focusing on backswing and 'loading', and five minutes of driver focusing on finishing pose keeping my head on the T.

It helps my muscle memory and relax during the actual fulls-speed swings.

After that I went to the gym for 20 minutes cardio and 20 minutes of lifting for back strength.Β 

All between 6 am and 7:30 am, including breaks.

Nave

• Administrator

Day 379 - February 17, ο»Ώ2019Β - 20 minutes of good full swing work with the Behrend kids after our Rules meeting.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

DAY 456Β  Β The LECOM Suncoast Classic a Web.comΒ tour event is OVER and so are my responsibilities.... so back to long practices ... soon.Β  However, tonight all I can manage is my 5 minutes with my shorteded iron in my home office working on rotating versus swaying and a better job of internally rotating my right shoulder as I move through the early part of my downswing.

Day 128: Full swing mirror work again today. Working on grip and setup, along with not rolling my wrists from A1 to A2.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway:Β ParadymΒ :callaway:Β Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway:Β Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel:Β SMSΒ Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

Β :aimpoint:

Day 49, 18 February

Pitching from c30ft. Working on set-up, feel and turning through the ball. I hit over 100 balls.

Used my driver, hit 20 balls on SkyTrak, working on takeaway and rotation through the ball.

Β 

Day 413

Indoor carpet stuff this morning. Putting and and a few chips. No big deal. Just something everyday with a golf club.

Β Had a dusting of snow overnight. I am staying inside, warm this am. We desert rats don't do snow. Dusting, or other wise.Β 

Perhaps later I will venture out to the course later. .Β 

In My Bag:

Day 134, February 18

Putting in the basement only today.

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 3 - Golf simulator, 9 holes

It is snowing heavily, therefore the driving range closed.
I played a round of 9 holes and chose the fairway wood (FW) with lighter swings in situations that normally require aΒ long iron. I needed to practice my FW accuracy.

Nave

DAY 457Β  Β  Rest day after 7 days of 14 hour days!!Β  Β So I napped, read, caught up,... and spent 5 minutes in my home office with my shortened club working on positions and improved internal rotation of my right shoulder.

Day 129: Did full swing mirror work again today. Working on set up and grip, along with making sure my A1 to A2 is clean.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway:Β ParadymΒ :callaway:Β Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway:Β Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel:Β SMSΒ Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

Β :aimpoint:

• Administrator

Day 380 - February 18, ο»Ώ2019Β - Putting work while setting up a computer.

Wore a small track in the hallway with the ball. πŸ˜„

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Day 221:

I spent today adjusting to a re-shafted 3h. Β It is a Karsten 3h which came with a regular shaft; I was not able to getΒ ball speedsΒ comparableΒ to the other hybrids in my arsenal.Β Now all my my hybrids are senior flex and there is a lot moreΒ consistency in terms of ball speed for all 3 of my Ping Hybrids.

I spent about 40 swats all in all to work on loft, distance,Β and direction off of theΒ turf. Β I finally got the 3h to be the one with greater distances of the three and, at least for today, I was tallying a perfect 7-10 yards gap between each of the hybrids I hit. Β Still hitting a bit too much of a draw on all of the shots. Β We'll focus on that the next sessions.

BackΒ get good, even with the cooler temps of the day. Β Next few days will be quite cool by AZ standards. Β So, I suspect I will shift some of my work to that which I can do indoors.

In My BELDINΒ Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bagΒ :Β Β :ping:Β G410Β Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr, Β GX-7 Β (acting as aΒ 3 wood)Β Β :ping:Β 4H, 5H.Β SrΒ FlexΒ Β Β :ping:Β  G400 6i Sr Flex,Β G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0 Β Wedges (50ΒΊ,Β 56ΒΊ, 60ΒΊ) Β :touredge:Β  Chipper Β :ping:Β Putter:Β Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:Β Β e12 for the items IΒ try to hit on purpose.Β Β :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (withΒ PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 414

More indoor carpet putting this am. Just too cold to venture out side. I'd have to layer up to stay warm, which would squash any positive practice routines. Β 

Worked on rolling the ball over a dime, a foot, or so in front of the ball. This to simulate hitting a straight putt, on a chosen line.

Me, and the guys have a 10:30 tee time. Should be a lot warmer by then. Β 

In My Bag: