IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

DAY 460   Spent 2 1/2 hours on the range today ... continuing to work on the same thing... improving my backswing-rotating versus swaying.  And staying in posture through the downswing, which is helped by more internal rotation of my right shoulder -- rather than coming over the top!!   I rotate 5-6-7 irons with the three drills I use.  Finished by hitting 10 drivers to assess my progress on the work I have been doing and was really pleased with the progress. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Day 383 - February 21, 2019 - Five minutes hitting driver today and five putting. Not working on any specific pieces per se, more just focusing on solid contact on the full swings. Putting stroke is solid.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 132: Full swing mirror work. Worked on set up and grip, and my backswing from A1 to A2.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 6 - Muscle training for upper body rotation

Was at the gym today at 6am and followed Ricky Fowler's coach (videos) on building a strong core and isolating the legs while working on weighted upper body rotation.

Did that on a cable/weight machine for 20 minutes followed by stretching for 5 minutes 

Nave

8 hours ago, Nave said:

Was at the gym today at 6am and followed Ricky Fowler's coach (videos) on building a strong core and isolating the legs while working on weighted upper body rotation.

Did that on a cable/weight machine for 20 minutes followed by stretching for 5 minutes 

Could you share the link to the videos in the Fitness and Exercise Section?

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 224:

Heavy rain led to a day to indoor mirror work and some carpet putting.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

Could you share the link to the videos in the Fitness and Exercise Section?

Sure, here you go. For me it is a core strength exercise, so I posted it in there. 

Nave

Day 138, February 22

Mirror work at the gym hitting foam balls. Focused on hips toward target at A8-9. Also reinforced previous work.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

DAY 461  Rise and Grind!!   Spent 2 1/2 hours on the range continuing to work on my backswing and impact position as well as getting more onto my left side at impact and through the ball.   I did drills for a couple of hours, and then hit wedges to a target that was 78 yards away.  I am feeling more and more comfortable with my full swing, and am starting the process to improve my wedge game (contact and distance control).   So it started today.  When hitting wedges I was coached by not one, but two PGA professionals...  Dave and Mike were positive about the progress I have been making and provides some feedback on what i need to continue to work on.  I am blessed to have these two as friends. 

Then headed over to the putting green for 90 minutes  --  starting with hitting putts using the Pelz Putting Tutor for feedback on starting the ball on line, and then short putts ( 25 in a row from three feet), and finished with a simple distance drill -- where I am required to get 20 putts in a row into a 3 foot circle around the hole to complete the drill-- from 20 feet,  then moved to 30 feet and completed making 20 in a row from that distance.

Day 417 

Played 18 holes at a course I have not played in many, many years. Carded an 83 which I am pleased with.

Most of the time I stayed in the fairway. My missed fairways were not that bad. Didn't lose a ball, and no 6s  on the score card.

Had 29 putts today. 6 of those  were one putts. 

7 pars, and 11 bogey 1s. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

• Administrator

Day 384 - February 22, 2019 - Putted with the Puttists for about ten minutes, not including time with the StimpMeter to see how accurate it is. 🙂

20 hours ago, Nave said:

Workouts don't count, even if they're golf specific. SuperSpeed work does count, general workouts (even if they're "for" golf) do not.

Looks like out of your six days, the first five count, so either do something else today and count it as day 6, or use day 6 as one of your free two out of the past 28 that you don't have to practice golf skills.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

6 minutes ago, iacas said:

do something else today and count it as day 6, 

Okay - Thank you for correcting me; I understand. 

I'll do carpet practice chipping today and will repost as day 6.

Nave

Day 6 (again) - Sand wedge practice on the carpet

Snow is melting outside, so I set up three targets at different distances in the living room.

Focus was backspin, so the ball rolls back to the target.

I hit about 50 balls and it only felt right after the 30th swing when my grip was right and comfortable. 

Nave

Day 133: More mirror work today. Trying to pull the pieces together a bit. Making sure I'm not rolling my wrists from A1 to A2 and then softening my wrists in transition.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 225: 

In a 3 block stretch of driving I went from light rain to heavy rain to sleet and then to hail and back to light rain. Weird weather for AZ and even Scottsdale had some snow!  Unbelievable.  BTW, I was driving to the range in hope it would be dry enough, but the rain was coming into the covered area!

So back home to 20 minutes on the putting mat and hoping that the promised blue skies and warmer weather is not just wishful thinking by the weather people!

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

DAY 462   Spent 90 minutes on the putting green.... worked through two drills.   25 in a row from 3 feet.   Then 20 in a row within a 3 foot circle from each of 3 distances, 20, 30 and 45 feet.

Day 418

Just some chipping/putting practice this morning. 

I use Paul Runyon's putt/chipping stroke which is actually identical to my putting stroke.

Using one ball, from various areas around the green, to different pin locations, my intent was to hole out the chip, or be close enough for an easy 1 putt.

My focuses were on green reads, and hitting my landing areas on the green with my chips. If needed, I would read the green again for the putt(s)

Practice green was very slow due to previous snow, and rain. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer: