IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 139, February 23

Just some putting today in the basement.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 226:

Finally!  Blue skies, upper 60's (still below averages) so time to stretch fully, and work out the week of kinks!

And, a day to really work on that newly re-shafted 3h!

Started out with about 15 minutes of stretches to get waist and legs ready to go followed by a solid 10 minutes with the Orange Whip®.  Everything felt loose and ready to go. So a few 6i to start the day.  Started out well with good distance and aim on shots with feet basically together to make sure arms were ready.  When I went to feet in proper position and full swings, I did well with only one that had a big drifty draw.  

Ready to get use4d to my 'NEW' 3h.  First three or 4 were somewhat mediocre.  Then wham! Very solid distances. What I noticed almost at once was a ball speed landing clearly 100-110 range.  Prior to the changes, I was lucky to stay in the mid to upper 80s.  I did have to adjust to get the directional set.  A few weird draws and one god awful slice!  I would say 70-75% were exactly what I expected, a few sort of what I wanted and more than a handful went exploring on their own!

Finished the day with a few strokes with the drive. Nice loft, good distance and a soft draw for the vast majority of attempts. Considering I had not really had a chance for fullest swings, it was a good day back.  Tomorrow will be a "through the bag" kind of day and, depending on a number of things one of two rounds before next Saturday.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 7 - Orange Whip, 5 minutes. (full swing, head position, not standing up, pause at loading)

In the last few days I focused on chipping and short game. Today I focused on my full swing by using my Orange Whip at home. I did pause for a second at the end of my backswing and held my finishing pose for a few seconds to check that I am still looking down. Furthermore I asked my wife to look if I am 'standing up' during the swing and corrected that a bit.

Nave

• Administrator

Day 385 - February 23, 2019 - Played five holes with a 7-iron. Nat did well.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 54, 23 February 

the day after a round of golf, I took to my garage to work on my irons. I shortened my back swing to great effect - more control, better strike and no discernible loss of distance.

Day 140. February 24, 36F and rain. 

Went to the covered, heated range today and worked on partial wedges with the MEVO. Then did 9, 8 and 7 irons. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 418

Hit 40 yard flop shots this am. They were forced carries over a bunker, and a 4' mound behind it. 

Target was a practice pin about 5 yards behind the mound. 

Idea was to land the ball on the down slope of the mound, allowing the ball to bounce/roll towards the pin. 

Three swings didn't clear the mound, and the balls rolled back into the bunker.  Those became practice shots out of the the bunker, over the mound, and to the pin. All out in one stroke. 

It was a good morning of practice. Really nice golfing weather a just a couple days away. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

DAY 463    Great weather, so back on the range... worked through several drills in the book "Train for Golf Like an Olympian" starting on page 175.  The drills focus on both positions in the swing and creating effective swing motions.  Took almost 3 1/2 hours to work through the drills, which included a lot of practice swings and hitting about 120 balls.  Then hit 15 wedges to a target that was 77 yards out and then 15 balls to a basket which was 32 yards out.   Now time to head home and catch up on some chores around the house.

Day 8 - Started playing 9 holes.

It was a par 3 course and we limited the club usage up to a 6 iron.

However during the 4th hole the government issued a warning via text message; it said to refrain from outdoor activities due to dangerous levels of air pollution - so we stopped playing.

Nave

Day 228:

Worked primarily with 6i-8i and wedges.  All in all, I was not displeased but I was not fully dancing my happy dance.  Most of the shots I took at the range today fully dis as expected, though my dreaded wide left did return a lot. (only, slices were truly the result of my paying attention at set up.

Wedges were not bad, though it took a bit of time to be very happy with the lob shot.  Got the lob but tended to miss my target area.,

No big complaints, just steady competent practice.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

• Administrator

Day 386 - February 24, 2019 - Power out. Will write more detail tomorrow with video.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 135: Worked on my backswing, making sure I'm not rolling my wrists from A1 to A2. Also trying to incorporate that shallowing feel again in transition. Just making sure I'm not forgetting the older stuff.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 55, 24 February 

I played four, par 3, holes on my simulator - to focus on itinsnand wedges. 

Then, a putting drill from 12ft and 5ft, focussing in pace.

Day 419

Work on my lag putting as a warm up. I use the distant fringe to judge stroke length, and putting length. I never use practice pins.  They tend to screw me up when lagging putts.

After warming up, I spent time on 6 different putts this am. They were all done using a two tierd green, and were just reminders for myself on how to approach these 6 putts

They were 1. straight uphill. 2. Straight down hill. 3. Left to right uphill. 4.  Right to left uphill. 5. Left to right down hill. 6. Right to left down hill.  Down hill was putting from the upper tier to the lower pin location. Uphill was putting to upper tier pin location. Putts 3-6 were sideway putts.

I see these types of putts quite often, and this practice regimine keeps me familiar on what lines, and ball speeds  I need to use, to offset what the rise, or fall of the tiers causes the ball to do. 

Another main focus was to make sure I rolled the ball, on the first putt, to the what ever tier the targeted pin was on. 

Edited by Patch

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

DAY 464    Rise and Grind... was at the range by 9 a.m. and left a little after 2 p.m.  I cycled through the drills on pages 175-177 of "Train for Golf Like an Olympian"  then hit 100 wedge shots.  I hit the shots at three different targets so I could work on distance control.   The ultimate measure was how often I was able to hit the wedge shot into the nets on the range that were set at 32, 47 and 60 yards.   I was able to hit 10 balls into the nets... so I was very pleased.

Day 141, February 25

Worked on my priority piece at the gym with foam balls. Filmed it as well.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Day 387 - February 245, 2019 - Pitching work with the kiddo. Nothing special here - just had her move around and hit pitches to her that she had to catch, and then vice versa for 30 minutes. She did well after she stopped being scared of lining one at me.

20 hours ago, iacas said:

Day 386 - February 24, 2019 - Power out. Will write more detail tomorrow with video.

Okay, so…

I spent 30 minutes or so today looking at a few things:

• Backswing still solid? 
  • Legs active on the downswing? 
  • Transition feel coming along? 🔘

The video from above was recorded right as I was starting to mess with the transition feels. Essentially I need to feel just a bit more:

• trail wrist bend
  • external rotation of the right shoulder
  • more weight of the shaft on the index finger - the club pushing, not the finger pushing

This is and has been my "main piece" for years now. It's almost always improving (minor setbacks or diversions included), but now this is where I get to continue to work on this to improve this feeling.

• Informative 1

Day 9 - Indoor swings and putting

Practiced with a focus on hip rotation and not standing up at impact.
Did about 50 swings.

After the swings I did some long putting practice for about five minutes.

Nave